PDA

View Full Version : It's happening again

warpspeed
06-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I just got done watching News10(Sacramento 6/12/08) and saw that they are on the roll again about crushing cars who get caught street racing in Rancho Cordova. They don't have the video up yet on their site,hopefully tomorrow, and I'll put a link to it, that's if they put it up. It shows again how stupid some cops are when in the report, he(cop) was showing an engine with aftermarket parts and said that "with these modifications, these cars are considered 'gross polluter'." What an idiot. The ones he pointed out has a C.A.R.B. #'s on them.

uhoh_evo
06-12-2008, 10:21 PM
LoL! I wanna see that vid

mtsevovii
06-12-2008, 10:59 PM
im hoping to be moving to Nevada, maybe as soon as next year.

Mr Evo
06-12-2008, 11:40 PM
this i gotta see

warpspeed
06-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Okay guys, here is the link: http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx

It's like in the second row of videos.

evoredy
06-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay guys, here is the link: http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx

It's like in the second row of videos.

i negged it. lol

superman37r1
06-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Shit an Evo X stock is a gross polluter...

loquito_8302
06-14-2008, 08:14 PM
s*%t i can't get to the site. i think my pc is messed up... hopefully i get to see this video soon

nightwalker
06-14-2008, 10:12 PM
There has to be someway to humiliate cops on a large scale! Fuckin retards.

AreSTG
06-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Shit an Evo X stock is a gross polluter...

this is exactly along the lines of what i was thinking. take a Civic, and remove some emmisions control pieces. throw on a header, intake, shit even adjust timing and A/F ratio's, and put a high flow real cat on it. Then measure it's emmision compared to a stock expedition, or suburban or something. I have no numbers to back me up, but i bet the civic is doing less damage.

CA really should just make set emmision levels you have to pass. The federal gov't makes the manufacturers meet certain requirements. so CA could take the numbers for your car how it's rated from the factory, add a little bit because in 10 years its not gunna be as clean, and as long as you are under this number you are good.

Under their current system, you could put 10 modifications on your car that all LOWER it's emmisions, think adding 3 cat's to the exahust or something. If the cat's you add aren't CARB certified your car is illeagle according to CARB laws, even though it's making LESS harmful emmisions. It's a fucking stupid concept... and it's a waste of money

mrevo8
06-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I just got done watching News10(Sacramento 6/12/08) and saw that they are on the roll again about crushing cars who get caught street racing in Rancho Cordova. They don't have the video up yet on their site,hopefully tomorrow, and I'll put a link to it, that's if they put it up. It shows again how stupid some cops are when in the report, he(cop) was showing an engine with aftermarket parts and said that "with these modifications, these cars are considered 'gross polluter'." What an idiot. The ones he pointed out has a C.A.R.B. #'s on them.

cops r so dumb, gross polluters ha . Airlines don't have emission shit on the planes and they are making the air worse then we can... i dont understand this world its like the contradict everything they wanna improve

DoggDicker
06-22-2008, 11:56 PM
What about the 30% of the pollution we (Bay Area) has is from China...maybe the popo's should go over there and regulate...

DD

mikeyb
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
just a thought but all gov cars are ca exempt right? doesn't that mean they don't need smog