PDA

View Full Version : Rattles on stock suspension

evo_dadi
01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
so ive been hearing mine for a while now specially when i hit potholes but today was the worst of it.went to 2 tire places and they couldnt find out what was wrong with so i finally just took it to the dealership.find out that the stock shocks were busted already at 27k :shock: so now theyre ordering the replacement for it and its all gonna be under warranty :woowoo:

MarkSAE
01-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Wow, 29k and dead shocks already? Have you been driving through a lot of rough roads?

evo_dadi
01-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Wow, 29k and dead shocks already? Have you been driving through a lot of rough roads?

umm no :sneaky: maybe the occasional tofu runs but i havent been out for a while now ;)

Sol-leks
01-25-2005, 02:31 AM
How did they determine that your stock shocks were busted? I brought my car in today cause I've been hearing an occasional rattle at the left front shock/spring assembly. They tightened everything they could think of (nothing was really loose) but the rattle's still there. I asked about the shocks (Bilstein's... on Tanabe springs) being out, and the tech said he didn't think it was the shocks.

Sam

evo_dadi
01-25-2005, 07:44 AM
mine was the same left front also and when driving it every single bump on the road felt like a huge pothole.not sure how they determined it but it only took them half an hour to figure it out which was pretty quick compared to the 2 tire places that i went.i even tried to tell them to replace it with the MR bilstein's but all i got was a smile and "nice try" :lol:

Sol-leks
01-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Which dealer did you go to and who did you work with at the service department?

Sam

mrprotocols
01-25-2005, 10:42 AM
dam that that sux, This the first time i hear a stock shock got busted that fast...

evo_dadi
01-25-2005, 07:58 PM
i got to the salinas dealershipsince thats where i got my car also.pretty decent place and no questions asked about mods also.not sure on who works on my car but they do a god job.

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2005, 01:42 AM

umm no :sneaky: maybe the occasional tofu runs but i havent been out for a while now ;)

Ricardon had the same problems with his stock set up, delivering to much Tofu will kill it :?

vtluu
01-26-2005, 04:14 AM
It's a matter of luck I guess, I know quite a few people who've autocrossed more than an entire season on the OEM shocks, and I think that's going to be harder on the shocks than a few "tofu" runs.

evo_dadi
01-26-2005, 06:29 AM
It's a matter of luck I guess, I know quite a few people who've autocrossed more than an entire season on the OEM shocks, and I think that's going to be harder on the shocks than a few "tofu" runs.

umm i dunno :P :lol: but the road is so much smoother in autox than tofu runs :twisted:

GokuSSJ4
01-26-2005, 10:00 AM
you will be amazed how harsh making Tofu runs can be on the stock suspension or any suspension over all. Its not the same as autocrossing or road racing. Since the road is not near as smooth as a place that has been prep for a racing event.

vtluu
01-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Ah, you guys have never autocrossed at Candlestick Park... 8)

evo_dadi
01-26-2005, 11:44 AM
thats nothing tam ;) they dont have dirt and rocks at the autox or potholes :P when youre in santa cruz go for a quick drive on empire grade-ice cream grade-zayante rd :twisted:

vtluu
01-26-2005, 12:41 PM
they dont have dirt and rocks at the autox or potholes :P
Again I say: you guys have never autocrossed at Candlestick Park... :P

Whooopasss
01-26-2005, 12:45 PM
so ive been hearing mine for a while now specially when i hit potholes but today was the worst of it.went to 2 tire places and they couldnt find out what was wrong with so i finally just took it to the dealership.find out that the stock shocks were busted already at 27k :shock: so now theyre ordering the replacement for it and its all gonna be under warranty :woowoo:

Do you have stock springs???

evo_dadi
01-26-2005, 05:44 PM
yup ,for now :lol: :wink:

evo_dadi
02-03-2005, 12:17 AM
well the problem has been fixed and my car rides normal again plus they aligned it for free since its under warranty.now time to replace them with these :twisted:
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41c2f411zed87966a/2328/__sr_/a735.jpg?phnQdACBQ_j5am5k

thomas
02-14-2005, 12:46 AM
they dont have dirt and rocks at the autox or potholes :P
Again I say: you guys have never autocrossed at Candlestick Park... :P

wow, what i shitty place to hold an auto-x event. :roll:

hey M. isnt your car lowered? or did you put it back to stock height/suspension? before you took it into the dealership. i would think that if it was lowered, the mitsu guys would never "honor" our warranty, especially if you had dropped your ride height.

evo_dadi
02-14-2005, 01:06 AM
nah im still riding with stock suspension but i thought they might say something about the bigger rim :P but so far theyve been good with my car whenever i go get it serviced at times.