PDA

View Full Version : Defi HUD VSD

evotistic
01-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm getting ready to install my HUD, and looking at the instructions, it seems pretty straight forward(I don't have any of the link meters or control unit yet).

My question is regarding the install of the dc(power)wires. One wire requires tapping into a 12v wire while the ignition is on, one is a ground, and one is the 12v battery wire. Anybody know what wires I can tap into? I have a decent working knowledge of wiring, but I am retarded when it comes to the use of a circuit tester.

I already have my edfc and turbo timer hooked up, which I did myself, so this shouldn't be much different. Any ideas/pointers and direction as to which wires to tap would be great.

Thanks....B

Eclipse
01-26-2005, 08:17 PM
You can tap the ignition hot and battery hot on the TT harness. On my Apexi it's a spare red and green wire. Get a $10 ammeter.

Or vampire tap the red (12v) yellow (ignition) on the stereo harness. Ground to car somewhere.

vtluu
01-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I have so many things tapped off my stereo harness (nothing very high-power though): secondary CD player, gauge illumination, shift light... It's a real rat's nest of wires. :?

evotistic
01-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I ended up tapping it off the stereo harness.....talk about a rats nest is right. I have the dc wires hooked up, tomorrow I'll finish the install and see how it turns out. Any of you guys know which wire in the stereo or ignition or tt harness is the all time power wire?

brwnrice
03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
I ended up tapping it off the stereo harness.....talk about a rats nest is right. I have the dc wires hooked up, tomorrow I'll finish the install and see how it turns out. Any of you guys know which wire in the stereo or ignition or tt harness is the all time power wire?

would like to know the answer also since i'm installing my defi hud to.