PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge reading high

nut_tool
01-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Hey, just wondering if anyone had any insight into my problem. Just had a cobalt autometer boost/vacuum gauge installed the other day and it seems to be running high. I also have the stock mechanical gauge by the way. Anyway, it seems to peak at 24-25psi and then comes down to 21-22psi. At idle it reads 10psi in vacuum. My car is entirely stock. I'm wondering if it is a faulty gauge or if there is something I should look for in the setup to try and fix it. I have both the mechanical and electronic gauges reading off the same line. The mechanical gauge seems to be reading fine, peaking at 1.5bar and then dropping to 1.1-1.2bar. Thanks in advance.

Eclipse
01-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Does it read exactly zero when the car is off?

Dr. Evo
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
You better hope it is wrong, because 10in vacuum at idle means :(

nut_tool
01-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Nope, it doesn;t read zero when I turn the car off. It reads 3-4psi. It re-zeros when I turn the car back on though. I also have the stock mechanical gauge and that one seems to be working fine.

nut_tool
01-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Just going over the instructions I realize that maybe one of the wires is not connected correctly. It says that I need to connect the power wire to something that continues to have power during engine cranking. There are actually two power wires. One is for dash lighting and the other is for this other power source that stays on while the engine is cranking. What would be something that I could hook that up to?

vtluu
01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Just going over the instructions I realize that maybe one of the wires is not connected correctly. It says that I need to connect the power wire to something that continues to have power during engine cranking. There are actually two power wires. One is for dash lighting and the other is for this other power source that stays on while the engine is cranking. What would be something that I could hook that up to?
Easiest tap is the stereo harness I think. See: http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3276

nut_tool
01-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Thanks Tam. I'll try that.

nebolic
01-27-2005, 09:05 AM
if you're gauge is reading 3-4psi when the car is off then the gauge is off which translates to that you are not boosting too high.

Nebo
:D

Dr. Evo
01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Yup