PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over Wednesday, June 18, 2008

MaxKanisha
06-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Okay so I was on my way home from school.. And I get onto 50 west. A cop passes me and I'm like whatever because I wasnt going fast, but then he switches two lanes over, brakes, then gets behind me and hits his lights.. We pull over to the side and he tells me he's giving me a fix it ticket for my tinted front windows and no front license plate. What should I do?

The front license plate I think I can handle.. I'll just mount it with like zipties and then get it signed off.. Then take it right back off. But how about my front tint? I really dont wanna take them off, not just because its cool looking or anything, but it really does make a night and day difference when I park out in the scorching sun. Anyone got any suggestions? Anyone got any cop friends? :lol:

By the way, can I have a cop in the bay sign off my ticket? Or does it have to be one in Sacramento. I know its kinda a stupid question, but it doesnt hurt to ask. Let me know guys, thanks in advance.

DirectorSe7en
06-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Any cop can sign your Fix-It ticket.

The tint can stay on, but for a fee. You should eventually get the ticket in the mail telling you to either present your fixed window and pay $10 or to pay the ticket and keep the tint on for anywhere from $80 to $200.

I believe the fee varies on how many times you've been ticketed for tint before.

zerosixMR
06-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Okay so I was on my way home from school.. And I get onto 50 west. A cop passes me and I'm like whatever because I wasnt going fast, but then he switches two lanes over, brakes, then gets behind me and hits his lights.. We pull over to the side and he tells me he's giving me a fix it ticket for my tinted front windows and no front license plate. What should I do?

The front license plate I think I can handle.. I'll just mount it with like zipties and then get it signed off.. Then take it right back off. But how about my front tint? I really dont wanna take them off, not just because its cool looking or anything, but it really does make a night and day difference when I park out in the scorching sun. Anyone got any suggestions? Anyone got any cop friends? :lol:

By the way, can I have a cop in the bay sign off my ticket? Or does it have to be one in Sacramento. I know its kinda a stupid question, but it doesnt hurt to ask. Let me know guys, thanks in advance.

I just got ticketed for tint again on Monday the 16th. Supposedly I had a warning before for the front tint and this time around, he gave me a Non-fix it ticket (so that means a fine) PLUS that stupid little white sticker on the back that says "This vehicle is dangerous to operate, please take it to a local repair shop or home to remove the dangerous blah blah blah". So I went home and ripped off the tint. I called teh cop at his office and left him a voicemail asking him nicely if he could please turn it into a fix it ticket since I ripped the tint off that night, he agreed and I'm only having to pay 10 bucks for a fix it ticket :D

IMHO: Take it off, turn it into a fix it ticket = 10 bucks. Re-apply front tint in 1-2 months is WAY cheaper than paying the fine to keep it on.

SpinOne05
06-21-2008, 06:24 AM
I hate cops...

evilevo9
06-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Yeah, for the tint, it will be less of a hassle to rip it off, and then retint.
as for the front plate, I would find a way to put it on permanently, I know it sucks and doesn't look as cool, but cops are starting to ticket people's car even if the car is parked. I park my daily driver at this ride share place last week, and when I got off work, I saw the car next to me with a ticket. being curious I read it, and it was for the front plates, so the cops are really vigilant about those now. even going to a ride share parking lot and write tickets. Just a thought.

missred
06-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Well having a tint in the front windows does give them a reason to pull you over let alone not having a front plate. What you should do?? Have an officer sign off for the front plate fix and pay the fine for the tint in the front and call it a day. If you dont want to get hasseled again remove the tint and keep the license plate up front......If you play you have to pay baby!

mrevo8
06-22-2008, 10:55 AM
would it be possible to have the car registered in another state that has no tint or smog laws and always drive here with the tint even if plates on it are from somewhere else? can they still ticket u?

AreSTG
06-22-2008, 11:21 AM
would it be possible to have the car registered in another state that has no tint or smog laws and always drive here with the tint even if plates on it are from somewhere else? can they still ticket u?

seems like there are mixed opinions on this. But i have dark tint all around(the front is not limo like the back sides and rear). I have an audibly louder than stock muffler(nothing crazy). and no plate up front.

I have never been pulled over in CA, sac or Bay area (knock on mutherfucking wood). My car is registered in PA, so the no plate thing is legit for PA. Tint is not legit in PA, doubt cops know that. Now there's always people who say that it's how you drive that gets you pulled over 90% of the time, but even if half the people who say they were driving PERFECTLY fine are telling the truth, that's alot of people getting pulled over for looks alone.

Looks alone that my car has, so IMHO, whether or not being out-of-state has any LEGAL grounds for having tint, no plate, catback in CA... I TRUELY believe being out of state helps. I've had cops see my car from front (no plate, dark tint up front) and once they get behind me and I'm driving perfectly fine, they left me alone. Gotta be the PA plate.

Again, alot of people have said, and some have examples, that even with out of state plates, you have to meet CA reg's if you are staying here. But law or not, the cops have left me alone to this point.

------
on a side note, in PA we have an emmisions test(think CARB but ONLY sniffer) and safety inspection. We have stickers on our windshield to verify we've had this done every year, from the day you buy your car. My car has never had either, so I'm technically not legal for PA. However, somone in military told me the state exempts you until you are in the state for 30 days, at which time it's required to get the tests done. I'm a lawless uncertified car villian i guesse, legal nowhere...

willitas34
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I hate cops...

me too :D

nebolic
06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
for the tint, you can get your optometrist to have a written note stating you have sensitive eyes and requires the windows in your vehicle to be tinted.

nebo

mrevo8
06-26-2008, 01:26 PM
i got one of those since i know an optometrist, but i think they will laugh and say yeah f'ing right and police brutality on me :[ LOL

PANGES
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
i got one of those since i know an optometrist, but i think they will laugh and say yeah f'ing right and police brutality on me :[ LOL

haha. "Get some sunglasses like the rest of us, asshole"

AreSTG
06-27-2008, 11:22 AM

haha. "Get some sunglasses like the rest of us, asshole"

haha thats hilarius. Also, somone posted a link to a CA code or someshit that was from the late 90's that said in CA a doctor's note does not exempt you from the tint law, though i bet alot of cops would accept it... unless you are in a Evo

mrevo8
06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
of course because its an evo i get, F'ed in the A with a D, sounds about right

MaxKanisha
07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I totally forgot about my fix it ticket.. And its due this Monday. Couple of questions:

- My fix it ticket is for 2 violations.. Can I get one fixed and then just pay for the other? Or is it all or nothing?
- Can I get away with just ziptying my front license plate on?

DirectorSe7en
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
- My fix it ticket is for 2 violations.. Can I get one fixed and then just pay for the other? Or is it all or nothing?

You can fix one and pay the other.

-Can I get away with just ziptying my front license plate on?

As long as it's mounted on the front bumper the cops leave you alone.

rigd1
07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
The tint fine is around $140, but it varies for whatever reason. I rip'd my front tint off and got the ticket signed off. Sux that I had to do it, but it's cheaper to do. Front tint is suppossidly exempt when it's 30% (70% visability) and lighter. My tint was 35%. It looked darker cuz of the interior. I'm gonna have a tint shop redo the front with 30% or maybe even lighter.

Front plate can be zip tied on, but don't do a junky job on it. Some cops will grab ur plate and give it a shake. You may want to pad the back of it. Some Vallejo cops won't sign plate off unless it's screwed/bolted in somehow.

Good Luck.

MaxKanisha
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM
So do I ziptie it to the grill on the bumper or the grill in front of the intercooler? I know its not good to mount it in front of the intercooler but I'm just going to remove it again when it gets signed off.

PANGES
07-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I totally forgot about my fix it ticket.. And its due this Monday. Couple of questions:

Hehe. When I got a front plate ticket on my last car, i just ziptied it on.

The tint fine is around $140, but it varies for whatever reason. I rip'd my front tint off and got the ticket signed off. Sux that I had to do it, but it's cheaper to do. Front tint is suppossidly exempt when it's 30% (70% visability) and lighter. My tint was 35%. It looked darker cuz of the interior. I'm gonna have a tint shop redo the front with 30% or maybe even lighter.

Good Luck.

Before you go and spend money on more tint, just so you know, the lower the percentage on tint, the darker it is. The % = Visiability. So like like higher %, the easier it is to see thru. 30% tint does not mean 70% visiability. 30% tint means 30% visiability. Just hope you know so you dont go from having 35% tint to 30% tint, thinking it's gonna get lighter. That's why 5% tint = limo tint and not super light tint. Good luck!

If I totally missunderstood your previous post, then just ignore me. hehhe

mrevo8
07-24-2008, 12:24 PM

Good Luck.

Before you go and spend money on more tint, just so you know, the lower the percentage on tint, the darker it is. The % = Visiability. So like like higher %, the easier it is to see thru. 30% tint does not mean 70% visiability. 30% tint means 30% visiability. Just hope you know so you dont go from having 35% tint to 30% tint, thinking it's gonna get lighter. That's why 5% tint = limo tint and not super light tint. Good luck!

+1

MaxKanisha
07-24-2008, 04:20 PM
So do I ziptie it to the grill on the bumper or the grill in front of the intercooler? I know its not good to mount it in front of the intercooler but I'm just going to remove it again when it gets signed off.

Bump for an answer!

PANGES
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM

Bump for an answer!

When i got a front plate ticket, I just ziptied it in front of my FMIC and after it got signed off, I drove around the corner and took it off.

awdaddict
07-24-2008, 04:35 PM

Bump for an answer!

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,29291.0.html

rigd1
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Hehe. When I got a front plate ticket on my last car, i just ziptied it on.

Good Luck.

I got it. I usually go through the sample book first anyways before applying tint. I was just going off what my old receipt said when I got my tint done some years ago. It shows percentage of tint and (percentage visibility). My front tint was 35%(65% visibility), rears are 45%(55% vis.). I'm gonna get enough tint to block out the UVA/UVB with a slight shade to it. Brand of tint makes a world of a difference too.

Thanks for chiming in though, on the tint.

That would've been funny, 5% limo front window and lighter rears.

mrevo8
07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
im getting 5 % all around....

Lurk
07-26-2008, 04:12 PM
im getting 5 % all around....

Get some chrome mirror tint, s0n! :lol:

mrevo8
07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
o and i need four subs and 22's ! DAWG

dl_EVO
07-26-2008, 10:27 PM

Not always true, I once mounted my front plate with zip ties and the cop would not sign my ticket off because it was zip tied. :(

He wanted the plate to be mounted with brackets/screws.

PANGES
07-27-2008, 12:27 AM

Not always true, I once mounted my front plate with zip ties and the cop would not sign my ticket off because it was zip tied. :(

He wanted the plate to be mounted with brackets/screws.

Did u try going to another station to get it signed off then? lol. The station i went to was lazy and told me to pull my car out front of the door and they just stood up at their counter and looked out through the glass door and was like "here you go" and signed my ticket. lol. It was actually already pre-signed before they saw my car.

MaxKanisha
07-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Got my fix it ticket signed off yesterday.. Paid $10 today.

I ziptied my license plate to the mesh in front of the intercooler. I didnt even bother driving in boost with it on. Was kinda iffy if it was going to work. But I showed it to the cop and he said that it was even a good idea. So that was a relief. Right when I got home I ripped that sucker right off.

As for the tint, I had no choice but to rip it off for $40. My parents were bugging the hell out of me, talking about getting caught again, and blah blah blah.. So just to shut them up I ripped the tint off. Doesnt mean I'm not going to put it up again. Haha I'll probably put the tint back sometime in September.

So as for the fix it tickets, I heard they stay on your record. Is it really that bad to have fix its on your record?

PANGES
07-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Got my fix it ticket signed off yesterday.. Paid $10 today.

I ziptied my license plate to the mesh in front of the intercooler. I didnt even bother driving in boost with it on. Was kinda iffy if it was going to work. But I showed it to the cop and he said that it was even a good idea. So that was a relief. Right when I got home I ripped that sucker right off.

As for the tint, I had no choice but to rip it off for $40. My parents were bugging the hell out of me, talking about getting caught again, and blah blah blah.. So just to shut them up I ripped the tint off. Doesnt mean I'm not going to put it up again. Haha I'll probably put the tint back sometime in September.

So as for the fix it tickets, I heard they stay on your record. Is it really that bad to have fix its on your record?

Fix it tickets dont stay on your record. Only state ref tickets. If fix-it tickets stayed on records, I'm sure most people on this forum would have records that are 10-20 pages long. lol.