PDA

View Full Version : Rear Strut Bars

TylerO@WORKS
01-27-2005, 08:21 PM
An unfortunate customer had a rear strut bar installed in just about the poorest way possible :( here's a picture:

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album357/DSC00218.jpg

Not very pretty huh? I call that the hack/slash method. :?

Here's how we like to install them:

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album357/WORKSrearbarinstallright.jpg

Much nicer.

So if you want it done right, give us a call, we still have a few GT spec bars left!

I'd love to see some more clean installations pictures if anyone has them.

vtluu
01-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Very nice. I wish you'd announced the GT spec bars a week before, rather than after, I bought the Cusco OS one. Oh well. :)

As for my trunk lining, I just took it out so I could better see my shiny WORKS rear pillow ball mounts. ;)

Eclipse
01-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Trunk lining? What's that?

What kind of improvement did you get with a rear strut brace?

vtluu
01-27-2005, 08:48 PM
What kind of improvement did you get with a rear strut brace?
In theory: reduces chassis flex and keeps the wheels better planted on the ground, improving traction.

In practice: for me, probably makes no difference at all. I'm nowhere near consistent enough a driver at auto-x or at the track to the point where I could actually measure a difference. I'd say we're talking about a tenth of a second a lap, if that. Maybe you could measure a difference in a slalom test where the bar would help most during transitions. But anybody other than a pro who says they can feel a difference, I'd claim it's a placebo effect. :)

Eclipse
01-27-2005, 08:56 PM
I just wondered if it was noticeable difference. It feels pretty well stiff to me with the sedan backlight and bracing behind the seat already. I don't know if the "RS" bar at the end makes a difference?

BMan
01-28-2005, 11:01 AM
An unfortunate customer had a rear strut bar installed in just about the poorest way possible :( here's a picture:

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album357/DSC00218.jpg

Not very pretty huh? I call that the hack/slash method. :?

Here's how we like to install them:

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album357/WORKSrearbarinstallright.jpg

Much nicer.

So if you want it done right, give us a call, we still have a few GT spec bars left!

I'd love to see some more clean installations pictures if anyone has them.

Wouldn't it look even better with a shifter boot covering the hole?

vtluu
01-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Notice the coilover; you need the hole to be able to reach in and change the damping settings.

EvoVIII
01-28-2005, 12:10 PM
NICELY DONE Tyler!!

BluEvo
01-28-2005, 12:52 PM
NICE! and enough room to make adjustments to the coilovers without removing the whole lining.

MarkSAE
01-28-2005, 01:21 PM
I just got my rear STB cuz it makes my trunk look cool!

Tyler, what did you use to line the perimeter of the hole?

brwnrice
01-28-2005, 03:00 PM
attention to detail :rockon:

BMan
01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Notice the coilover; you need the hole to be able to reach in and change the damping settings.

Sorry man, I've spent too much time making show cars. If you don't need to access it, hide it. If you need to access it sometimes, cover it with something super clean and easily removable. If you need continous access, make it pretty.

vtluu
01-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry man, I've spent too much time making show cars. If you don't need to access it, hide it. If you need to access it sometimes, cover it with something super clean and easily removable. If you need continous access, make it pretty.
And I've spent too much time looking at race cars: if you don't need it, take it out! If you need it, replace it with something lighter! :lol:

wilson1
01-28-2005, 10:30 PM
And I've spent too much time looking at race cars: if you don't need it, take it out! If you need it, replace it with something lighter! :lol:

:lol:

Tam, you are around exhaust fumes too long!

TylerO@WORKS
01-29-2005, 01:32 PM
I just got my rear STB cuz it makes my trunk look cool!

Tyler, what did you use to line the perimeter of the hole?

Vacuum tube!

:lol: