PDA

View Full Version : HUGE ecu+ upgrade

AreSTG
06-25-2008, 06:33 PM
and i'm only 8 months behind!!!

I'm probably the only person on NCE who actually cares about ECU+ in the least, but it's getting to the point that he's gunna have enough added features on this thing that those of you who want to have ANTI-lag & launch control, no-lift shifting, 3.5 maf support, LC-1 support, and other crazy shit will have 1-stop shopping for a bunch of stuff.Â* IT now has map switching abilaty so technically with the tune you get, you could have like 4 variations, or as always knock protection. also, supposed to have an even better p0300 fix now, and OBDII will work with ECU+ plugged in.

I'm doing it no justice, a list of upgrades are here http://www.ecuplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=630

for the new ROM AND the new windows software clck here http://www.ecuplus.com/downslvr.htm

he makes it painfully obvious on the site but READ FIRST.Â* if you just go installing the new software it can erase your ECU+ to a non-funtioning and possibly non-recoverable state!!!!!!!!!

RREVOVIII
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
where do you get the cable for the ECU+?, i have this on my laptop but it doesnt work with the Tactrix Cable that we uses on ECUFlash......

AreSTG
06-25-2008, 07:02 PM
u gotta have the ECU+ itself. it's like a piggyback ECU. The software is free to download cuz u need the unit itself to do anything with it.

RREVOVIII
06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
u gotta have the ECU+ itself. it's like a piggyback ECU. The software is free to download cuz u need the unit itself to do anything with it.
hmm... thats why :) i had that software for awhile now i downloaded it along other tunning/logging software before. i thought it was just like the EcuFlash. it a very interesting to have, cause it has alot of features available..

SJCoruja
06-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, with the new updates the ECU+ is absolutely amazing. I used it for years and only switched because I wanted to test out the Cobb AP and the 2 won't work together.

BTW - if anyone is interested I still have my ECU+ for sale with all the goodies and already upgraded firmware on the unit. :D

KevOVIII
06-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Still can't get rid of the P0300 on my car. :(

leaveit2bevo
06-26-2008, 10:44 AM

get a new tranny

1SloEvo
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm lost...when I get a P0300 on my diagnostic tool, it says random misfire. What does the tranny have to do with misfires???

ApexVIII
09-10-2008, 10:57 AM

i took mine to the dealer and they fixed it for me for free it never came back

our DSMlink has Anti-lag... its sick!

steevo8
09-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I have heard reports of people swapping their 03/04 trans for a 05 or 06 and their phantom knock issues have gone away, but I'm not sure how it could cause a missfire code.