PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!!!

Perry
01-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Just signed up here!!

I want to learn a little about these little cars!!

I have had a couple of encounters with these cars in my family car. Definitely quick little boogers!!!LOL

I see a yellow one all the time in Hilmar headed to Stevinson. Licence plate is 8URV8!!

Talk to ya all later,

Perry

vtluu
01-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Mustang, eh? Hmm, I don't know... Just kidding man, welcome to NorCalEvo! :buds:

wilson1
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Welcome !

We are a friendly bunch.

SouthernCrane
01-30-2005, 02:50 AM
Welcome to the club :)

warpspeed
01-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Welcome to our so called family. I've seen a Roush Stage-3 and damn that looked awesome.

garrick70
01-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the Evo Forums!! No Mustang haters here. We just love our Evos!!

jbenosa
01-30-2005, 03:21 PM
The people here are great! Welcome to the boards and if you want to know more about these cars, then you've come to the right place. Everyone is very knowledgeable and helpful. We show love to all cars, at least to a good majority of the cars....j/k LOL!

Perry
01-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes!!! :)

I really am impressed with the few Evos I have seen. They seem to launch pretty hard!!!

(Hint Hint) I would love to go for a ride in 1 one day!! I f any of you are ever around the Turlock area!! In exchange I'll give you a ride in my little ol N20 GT!!!

Later,

Perry

Evo442
01-31-2005, 06:49 AM
Welcome aboard! Lemme know if you're ever in Sacto, I'll take ya for a spin!

GokuSSJ4
01-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Welcome to Norcal !!

Bullet
01-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Welcome! :D

JanSolo
01-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Yes.. Mustangs.

doce_pt2
01-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. BTW, Mustangs rock !!!
:skid:

BluEvo
01-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Welcome! I traded my Stang for the Evo. I gota say i love the Evo and everything about it, but you can never replace the sound of that V8 grrrr! i had a few goodies on my Stang. What mods do you have?

By the way, i have some aftermarket parts left over from my Stang after i traded it in. PM me if you'd like to get in on them.

T

kimmievo
01-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll enjoy this crazy group!

Perry
01-31-2005, 07:48 PM
Welcome! I traded my Stang for the Evo. I gota say i love the Evo and everything about it, but you can never replace the sound of that V8 grrrr! i had a few goodies on my Stang. What mods do you have?

By the way, i have some aftermarket parts left over from my Stang after i traded it in. PM me if you'd like to get in on them.

T

My wife had a little fenderbender on New years Eve in it. While it is in the body shop I decided to spice it up a little.

We have added:

2 1/2 " Cowl induction hood
V6 rear bumper
debadged the whole car
lowered it 1" in the rear and added boxed upper & lower control arms
subframe connectors
fox body 4 cylinder springs in the front w/ sway bar removed
18X8'' Chrome bullets in front with 255/40 18" Kuhmos
18X10" Chrome bullets in rear with 275/35/18" BFG Drag Radials
3:73 gears in the rear.

When the car leaves the body shop it should be beautiful in all it's lazer red glory!!

To back up the new looks I figured it needed a few more ponies than before (12.31 @116 MPH on 150 shot) so I have purchased:

Ported & polished heads with oversize valves
Comp Cams 268 Cams
FRRP Shorty headers
Mac off road H-pipe w/ flowmaster cat back
MMR Plenum
FRRP 70MM Throttle Body
Mac Cold Air kit
C & L 80 MM mass air sensor
BBK underdrive pulleys
255 LPH fuel pump (Aviator)
NX dual stage upgrade kit 100HP + 100 HP (Good to 300 HP)
30 LB/H injectors
Diablosport predator tuner

My friend Billy that works at Patchetts Ford is helping me put it all together the weekend it comes out of the bodyshop. I have seen & rode in some of the cars he has done and they will take your breath away!!!

Later,

Perry

BluEvo
02-01-2005, 06:36 PM
a few mods huh.... :wink: going with the V6 bumper for that stealthy look i see. i'm sure it'll be a sweet ride when it is finished.

i have a brand new silver guage cluster overlay (used in the anniversary edition stangs) and a set of TYC tail lights (not clear tails, red lens). they look like the jaguar tails. are you interested in them? just sitting in my garage in boxes.

t

DnB_design
02-02-2005, 10:16 AM
:pics:

Perry
02-02-2005, 11:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jporsak/before.jpg

Before pic!!

gotta waite for the afters!!!LOL

Later friends,

Perry

Perry
02-02-2005, 11:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jporsak/Nitrou1.jpg

Why I like rice!!!

Later,

Perry

Perry
02-02-2005, 11:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jporsak/hobby.jpg

My favorite hobby!!!LOL

Later,

Perry

toasty
02-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Welcome, sorry I didnt get a chance.
:D

BluEvo
02-02-2005, 05:40 PM
this was my Stang if anyone cares to see..
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album21/My_Stang_before_the_Evo.sized.jpg

lancerboy
02-02-2005, 09:46 PM
W E L C O M E ! ! !

Perry
02-03-2005, 09:47 AM
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album21/My_Stang_before_the_Evo.sized.jpg

Very nice!!!!!

What motivated you to sell it??

How much more do you like your Evo compared to the old car?? I ask because that stang would have surely turned some heads!!!

Performance comparison in a straight line? I am sure the Evo was quicker stock but??

In the corners? Is it that much better??

Just curious!!

Later friends,

Perry

DnB_design
02-03-2005, 09:49 AM

I do care I had a 98 Stang. I still like them but it doesn't compare to the Evo. but everyone knows that! haha

BluEvo
02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Very nice!!!!!
What motivated you to sell it??
How much more do you like your Evo compared to the old car?? I ask because that stang would have surely turned some heads!!!
Performance comparison in a straight line? I am sure the Evo was quicker stock but??
In the corners? Is it that much better??
Just curious!!
Later friends,
Perry
Main reason was it wasn't very roomy (since i was planning to have a baby) . Then came all the other concerns like nose diving in corners. Didn't do much to the suspension, but some Eibach springs and KYB shocks/struts. In the rain, was a pain in corners and other driving conditions. I wasn't trying to take corners at high speeds or anything like that either. Was working with a set up from Apex Motorsports on getting my Stang blown with a Paxton and all the goods to push 350hp+ but i ended up trading in instead.
As for straight line performance, as a former Stanger, i knew i could blow away a stock or mild modded GT easily when i got in the Evo. Quicker out the box. And I've also smoked a couple GTs. As for supercharged Stangs like the Roush Stage 3 and 360R, 04+ Cobra, Saleen SC Extreme, i know better not to step up. I know and felt the power. As far as handing dry and wet, i feel very confortable in the Evo all the way. Lets put it this way. I really liked the Stang, but I LOVE the Evo! :D
Stang was loaded with Flow Master 2 chambers cat back, Roush Cold Air Intake and short shifter with base, Xenon from damper, Jaguar style tail lights, 18 inch chrome Cobra wheels, Eibach springs, KYB shocks/struts and other interior/exterior goodies.

T

Perry
02-03-2005, 04:00 PM
BluEvo, sounds like you are real happy with your Evo!!! :D

I am very happy with my Mustang!! I never got a chance to run my Stang stock against an Evo since I started modding mine back in 2000. An SS Camaro is to blame, why my car is where it at now performance wise. Can you say I got my butt handed to me. LOL

I have raced 2 Evos from stoplights and must say they are VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!! I have no doubt that if I had been stock I would have gotten whooped!!LOL

I registered here because I have been thinking of getting a 4 door for a family car, but I am not ready for a slow SUV like the wife wants.

I do agree with her that my kids are way to big for the backseat now, (14 & 12) but they fit for short trips to town. If we take a road trip I just rent an SUV for a few days!! :)

I currently can't afford a new Evo, but it looks like the price of used ones is coming down!!! 8)

So maybe soon?? It will have to lose the rear wing though!!!LOL

Later friends,

Perry

BluEvo
02-03-2005, 04:22 PM
yeah, i hear you on the SS thing too! i got owned in my Stang too and thats when i was looking at getting the supercharger and all that stuff. ahh yes the Mustang / Camaro battle. it was like nothing else mattered on the streets but to go to battle with the Camaro. the good ole days....

Evil EV0
03-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Lol, howdy neighbor :) I can take you for a spin one of these days, hell you only live around the corner (lol or through the field) Sorry little joke, im sure Perry gets it :D Anyways yeah I never seen that Mustang around even though you live right down the road. I never pay too much attention to them. Really they only get my attention if they are Saleens etc..since their kitted. Once you get it back your gonna have to take me for a spin, I'd liek to see what all that power is gonna feel like :)

The Evo would make a nice family car for you though, and you can get used ones pretty cheap. As for teh wing, I dont know how they feel with it off, but I can tell you it helps at high speeds :lol:

Evil EV0
03-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh and by the way its "8YOURV8" 8)