PDA

View Full Version : The old no front plate fix-it

$$Wino$$
06-30-2008, 01:10 PM
so I had my Evo VIII for 3 years and never put the front plate on and the only time i got nailed on that was when I got pulled over for speeding on 280. Now I've had the X since Feb and I didn't have any issues at all until last week. In Cupertino and Saratoga I got pulled over 4 times in 3 days for no front plate and nothing else...Good thing I kept the original ticket in the car to save them some paperwork

DirectorSe7en
06-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Damn. I must admit, the X turns more heads then my VIII ever did. So maybe the same is true for Cops?

Just put that bish on. Save the headache.

nebolic
06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
you put plates on? I've had my car for about 5 months, i still have the temp reg on, no plates :)

nebo

Segfault
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Go w/ a flip up plate.

awdaddict
06-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Damn. I must admit, the X turns more heads then my VIII ever did. So maybe the same is true for Cops?

Just put that bish on. Save the headache.

maybe cuz the car is still new and there's only a handful on the road.

BOOSTX2
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
If you dont want to drill holes you can use Velcro to mount it works great..

DirectorSe7en
06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
you put plates on? I've had my car for about 5 months, i still have the temp reg on, no plates

My custom plate is at the DMV, but they wont give it to me until my VIN is in their system. :x

JDMevoBOOST
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
How annoying.....I mean if u have the dealer plates still on there why the hell are they pulling you over. Fucking tards.

mrevo8
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
cuz cops suck dick

ZK
06-30-2008, 10:52 PM
You can just pay the bail when the ticket comes. You don't need to put on the plate.

06IXMR
06-30-2008, 10:56 PM
lmfao I ran temp plates for a year and a half til I got my voltex diffuser...that doesn't come from the dealership.

$$Wino$$
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
yeah i still have the sticker in the windshield too...pretty lame

threepointsix
07-05-2008, 12:06 AM
In England plates are called 'tax tags'

Thats all they are.....proof your taxes are current.

......in a society where they pre-judge and I.D. by serial number, the front plate is to find out who you are when they are cutting you out of your car w/ jaws of life after getting rear ended and the rear plate is missing/crushed. Thats the reason for front plate law in Texas at least.

......NO motorcycles have front plates why should WE!

......motorcycle riders have no tint restrictions on their helmet visors so why do WE!

Liquid-R1
07-05-2008, 01:07 AM
you put plates on? I've had my car for about 5 months, i still have the temp reg on, no plates :)

nebo

Amatuer... Try almost 3 years now... :D :D :D

loquito_8302
07-05-2008, 04:28 PM
that sucks bro. sorry to hear that. you know cops need money so theyll stop anyone for any dumb thing. specially people with cars like ours

$$Wino$$
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
So I got pulled over for this again twice today...Once in the morning and once just now on my way home. This morning they actually pulled me over going north on 280 right around page mill rd....for nothing but the no plates thing...wtf..at least he wished me a happy birthday!

island_671
07-09-2008, 09:30 PM
i was going to run no front plate, but after reading this i think i'll juz leave it on!...

Bagsik_EVOVIII
07-12-2008, 09:11 AM
^you should leave it on cuz you knoe...that white cop w/ mustache is always watching.....us

$$Wino$$
07-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Don't they have cell phone users to pull over now? I understand the getting pulled over for doing something wrong in the traffic sense of things and then them adding that on....But really pulling someone over on the freeway? I dunno, if nothing else it seems like a waste of money for them to sit around all day doing that instead of trying to make the county/state some $$! Don't they need to keep up with gas prices too :lol:

mrevo8
07-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Don't they have cell phone users to pull over now? I understand the getting pulled over for doing something wrong in the traffic sense of things and then them adding that on....But really pulling someone over on the freeway? I dunno, if nothing else it seems like a waste of money for them to sit around all day doing that instead of trying to make the county/state some $$! Don't they need to keep up with gas prices too :lol:

for cell phones u need a way to talk "Hands Free" or you will get a ticket if your holding it while driving

JDMevoBOOST
07-14-2008, 02:04 PM
and to activate the handsfree they still need tot ake their hands off the wheel....fucking rule is retarded.....what about the hos doing makeup or eating/drinking...what about the talking to people in the back seat while driving and actually turning to look at them....all of these irritate me. Do all of them or none. WTF

willitas34
07-29-2008, 12:51 AM
cuz cops suck dick

yup :lol:

dsmdeliverybo
07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
I get pulled over all the time for no front plate and I alway's say it used to be on there but it must have got stollen and that I'll go to the DMV later this week to get a new one. Work's EVERYTIME.