PDA

View Full Version : CHP only pulling over Westbound on 80

JDMevoBOOST
06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I dunno I find this kind of funny. They pick on the non-SF residents. 9 out of 10 people pulled over on my way to work are going westbound in the morning. Mostly by bike CHP.

The only one I have seen recently Eastbound was a CHP camaro pulling over a CRV ROFL.

Be careful on the way into the city from East bay on the weekdays. They tag people right before the toll booth that are speeding beacuse its a 50 mph zone that most people do 70+ on. I think they also go for people crossing into or out of the fastrak lane over the solid whites.

Careful out there.

AreSTG
06-30-2008, 05:42 PM
I think they also go for people crossing into or out of the fastrak lane over the solid whites.

Careful out there.

that's fucked up... i'm always confised as hell at toll booths cuz it goes from 3 to eleventy lanes, and they random choose the ones that will be green or red, and usually what looks like the lane you want ends up wrong cuz u were on a turn. That's shady unless someones being rediculous with te lane changing

JDMevoBOOST
07-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Actually now that I looked at it again. The left lanes are for carpool, so I think the people riding the carpool lane with one person are the ones getting nailed. It makes sense now, because there is no carpool lane on eastbound so thats why nobody is getting yanked.

PANGES
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I remember a while back I went to court in Berkeley to pay a state ref ticket, and there were TONS of people there to dispute their carpool lane violation tickets. Possibly from that spot?

nebolic
07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Actually now that I looked at it again. The left lanes are for carpool, so I think the people riding the carpool lane with one person are the ones getting nailed. It makes sense now, because there is no carpool lane on eastbound so thats why nobody is getting yanked.

I think it's because the carpool lanes there require 3 people. Most of the carpool lanes in sac only require 2 people in the vehicle.

nebo

nightwalker
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
I was in court and saw a lady get hit with a 1400 fine for her third carpool violation. She looked like a straight up yuppie too. Lady judge just said "$1400" or you can work it off, blah, blah, blah certain amount of community service hours.

You have to figure, that by the second time, you would stop doing it. She probably didn't care either way, but deep down inside I was happy.

Yeah, I cross the bay bridge every morning, and people do some stupid shit.