PDA

View Full Version : San Rafael Mitsubishi

cerebus
02-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi folks:
I visited San Rafael Mitsubishi today to pick up a part. Let's just say their part guy earned my trust and got my order. I met the owner, Eric, and he shows me the speed shop they're putting together. It will be impressive! I can't say much since they're not open yet and I don't want to spoil their announcement, but it will be an impressive facility for tuning, and they will carry parts as well. Trust me, it will be worth visiting once they open it up.

This is the only dealership I've visited where I would really feel confident going back to them. I know everyone has said they're great, and I have to echo that, they will definitely get a chance to work on my Evo.

By the way, I asked Eric to consider providing service on Sat at least. He has to figure out the economics involved, so if any of you are looking for what seems a reliable place for Evo service on the weekend, mention it to him if you stop by so he knows people are interested.

Definitely a mod-friendly and Evo knowledgable dealership!

JanSolo
02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Did Snorre show you his son's Buschur stage 4 Evo? The thing is a beast!

twEeker
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM
They are good, and worth the trip if you live a ways away. While they were working on my car the other day, Albert let me watch the best motoring video in the new shop. I'd say if you need to do business with a mitsu dealer, do it with san rafeal. While I was checking out one of the evos in the showroom, Snorre asked me if I needed help, and I said no thanks, just looking. Usually at this poing the sales men would say something stupid, like "not buying", or "why?" or "How much you got?". Instead he told me to go next store and see all the evos in there. It felt nice to be a customer, and not be hassled.

cerebus
02-05-2005, 11:27 PM
I didn't meet Snorre, but Eric did show me a beast of an Evo so I'm pretty sure I saw it. :D

TylerO@WORKS
02-07-2005, 01:30 PM
We have been working very closely with Snorre and San Rafael Mitsubishi since late 2003.

Here at WORKS, we are very selective when it comes to authorizing businesses that would like to offer our products. San Rafael Mitsubishi has our complete trust and faith as an authorized WORKS Dealer/Installer.

Don't buy an EVO or any Mitsubishi without the San Rafael Mitsubishi experience! There’s a reason they're still Number One!

wilson1
02-07-2005, 02:42 PM
yeah, they are terrific!

JanSolo
02-07-2005, 04:41 PM
We have been working very closely with Snorre and San Rafael Mitsubishi since late 2003.

Here at WORKS, we are very selective when it comes to authorizing businesses that would like to offer our products. San Rafael Mitsubishi has our complete trust and faith as an authorized WORKS Dealer/Installer.

Don't buy an EVO or any Mitsubishi without the San Rafael Mitsubishi experience! There’s a reason they're still Number One!

Don't quit your job as a tech. ;)

Steiner
02-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah...Chris at San Rafael Mitsu is a great guy. I've been waiting for my car to sell so I can get an Evo from him and he's made the wait a lot easier...no hassling phone calls or anything like that. I'll be visiting their parts shop for sure. Maybe even their AWD dyno eventually.

BTW...if anybody's looking for, or knows somebody looking for an Evo for cheap Chris has got a used '04 white RS w/5k miles and an Alpine stereo w/subwoofer. He's selling it for $25k.

MR JayR
02-22-2005, 01:29 AM
I purchased my '05 EVO from San Rafael Mitsubishi and that was definitely the most pleasant car purchase experience I have ever encountered. They are the most "non-hassle" helpful/knowledgeable dealership out there.

I purchased my car from Snorre & Chris. I also got a chance to look at the performance shop and it looks very promising. Although it's a drive away, they'll definitely have my business.

I definitely recommend going out there just to check the place out. EVERYONE that works there is friendly and helpful. :D

RuEvolved
02-22-2005, 02:01 AM
BOY WAS I IMPRESSED... I took the trip and it was EVO HEAVEN.

These boys love cars. And check this I was hanging out and I had to go to the sales man to talk to him. There was no one out waiting to be the first one to talk to me so they could get the commission.

Ihope to see you all at the GRAND OPENING and no matter where I live, when I go to buy my evo X Im taking the trip again.

RuEvolved
02-22-2005, 02:05 AM
I talked to Oliver in the speed shop.

I saw the beast. :worthy:

MR JayR
02-22-2005, 02:18 AM
Yea, they don't get paid by commission over there. :D

Oliver's a great guy, did you check out his Blue EVO?

I talked to Oliver in the speed shop.

I saw the beast. :worthy:

Steiner
02-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I talked a little about modifications with Chris...mostly exhaust and intake...but I haven't really given it much thought. Do you guys anticipate that San Rafael will offer ECU relashes?

dohcvtec
02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
I talked a little about modifications with Chris...mostly exhaust and intake...but I haven't really given it much thought. Do you guys anticipate that San Rafael will offer ECU relashes?
from what i've heard they'll be doing the same type of flashes they use on the MR FQ series in the UK.

Steiner
02-22-2005, 11:32 AM
from what i've heard they'll be doing the same type of flashes they use on the MR FQ series in the UK.

Very nice. I can't wait. I'm thinking a cat-back and ECU flash for starters.

Whooopasss
02-22-2005, 11:41 AM
How are they with waranty for an evo with MBC or exhaust? I think my tranny is noisy or is it just me.

twEeker
02-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I had a turbo timer, boost gausge, and a 3 in. exhaust, and they gave me a new alternater, battarie, and ecu under warrenty. If your having a problem and it is obviously tied to your mods, theres nothing you can do, but if it doesn't have anything to do with the mods, then they won't care, and do it under warrenty.

Mo Evo
02-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Yeah, Jay installed my WORKS reflashed computer and both he and Pete from WORKS put together my bee-utiful engine back exhaust. Oliver wants me to come in and do some tinting for the Evo showroom complete with the triple diamond logo on the doors leading into the dyno room, sometime in the next couple of weeks. While I was there, Snorre's grey MR was on the dyno, fans ablowing, testing some new cams.

Mo

thomas
02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
yea, i gotta say i was pretty impressed too.

went there today with smack and was surprised at how appealing the garage in their performance shop looked. got the dyno (up to 1200hp) and alignment rack side by side. hella room. very nice.

it was cool meeting snorre too. pretty much the guy i imagined reading about him from this forum. i mean that as a complement. guys pretty knowledgable with the evo and seems pretty easy to talk to. sucked to see his sons evo smashed up in the back. that thing is tooooe up! good thing that roll cage was installed. saw wilsons WORKS evo there too. i juss wanted to pick it up and take it home with me. :cry:

looks like SRM might be one of the few dealerships in NORCAL that is mod friendly, meaning, they wont use your mods against you if you try to honor mitsus warranty for something bunk. fyi, roseville service is pretty cool, but their sales sucks a$$.

how much do they charge for dyno pulls. forgot to ask.

OT: thx again sean for the transaction. :D

smack
02-28-2005, 09:26 PM
no problem,
glad it went to a good home. i'll look for the bolts tonight.
let you know if i can find them.

TylerO@WORKS
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM

They currently offer WORKS flashes and our full line of products, the FQ uses a piggy back.

chrisw
03-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, I just got an apointment for a re-flash to fix the p0300 problem.

(stupid question time)

How mod friendly are they? Should I "prep" the car for a dealer visit?

thomas
03-20-2005, 03:44 PM
nah, i wouldnt. from what ive seen and heard SRM is prolly the best mitsu dealership here in norcal.

i wouldnt stress about having mods on your car. juss leave it. when i was there in their garage, i mustve seen at least 2-3 evos heavily modified getting work done. dont trip.

good luck on that code.

chrisw
03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
well it's raining out, I have no access to a garage, so I am not going to sweat it...

The dammed CEL light went out by it'self.... I hope I can still get the re-flash under warrentee....

methods4
03-21-2005, 11:06 AM

They currently offer WORKS flashes and our full line of products, the FQ uses a piggy back.

Piggyback? I thought the FQs used a full Motec stand alone?

JanSolo
03-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Piggyback? I thought the FQs used a full Motec stand alone?

I believe only the FQ400 (badged of course) runs the Motec.

Option2
03-21-2005, 04:57 PM
well it's raining out, I have no access to a garage, so I am not going to sweat it...

The dammed CEL light went out by it'self.... I hope I can still get the re-flash under warrentee....

Typically they won't reflash you with the P0300 fix unless you have the CEL on. Are you going in for the NEW P0300 flash?

chrisw
03-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Typically they won't reflash you with the P0300 fix unless you have the CEL on. Are you going in for the NEW P0300 flash?

yes.. I got the very latest p0300 fix from mitsubishi. On the way down I got the CEL again so everything went smoothly.

Impressions? Well, the tech was pretty honest about it, the "fix" is only to program the ECU to allow for minor misfiring events instead of the more restrictive programming that I got from the factory.

On the plus side, it seems like I got updated ignition and fuel settings because the car definately feels different under WOT.
On the down side, I still have a minor misfire, but the ECU is better able to ignore the event and move on.

I was amazed at the service from San Fafael Mitsubishi The Service manager was more annoyed that I was a little hesitant to admit to my mods than the fact that I had them installed on the car in the first place. 8)

Definately have to give them a thumbs up for for some quality service! To bad my warrentee is almost gone, I would have taken advantage of it had I known about San Rafael Mitsubishi earlier!

dohcvtec
03-21-2005, 07:34 PM
what mods did you have?

Option2
03-21-2005, 08:53 PM

yes.. I got the very latest p0300 fix from mitsubishi. On the way down I got the CEL again so everything went smoothly.

Impressions? Well, the tech was pretty honest about it, the "fix" is only to program the ECU to allow for minor misfiring events instead of the more restrictive programming that I got from the factory.

On the plus side, it seems like I got updated ignition and fuel settings because the car definately feels different under WOT.
On the down side, I still have a minor misfire, but the ECU is better able to ignore the event and move on.

I was amazed at the service from San Fafael Mitsubishi The Service manager was more annoyed that I was a little hesitant to admit to my mods than the fact that I had them installed on the car in the first place. 8)

Definately have to give them a thumbs up for for some quality service! To bad my warrentee is almost gone, I would have taken advantage of it had I known about San Rafael Mitsubishi earlier!

This is great news. So it sounds like they finally have a fix that works. The only thing that's keeping me from getting the new fix is the P2 with the new fix integrated with it. Hopefully WORKS will have it available soon!

Sorry about hijacking the thread :oops:

chrisw
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM

This is great news. So it sounds like they finally have a fix that works. The only thing that's keeping me from getting the new fix is the P2 with the new fix integrated with it. Hopefully WORKS will have it available soon!

Sorry about hijacking the thread :oops:

Works has the update as far as I was told, they are working on a solution.

redvolution
11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Thread from the DEAD!

Just wanted to relate another very satisfied customer from San Rafael. Chris stayed late last Weds so I could pick up my '05 RS and paperwork was a doddle.

Now, who wants to buy my pristine Rally Red '03? =)

Swirvin
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Chalk up another satisfied customer for SRM. Picked up my silver EVO IX (non-MR) on Wednesday, and Chris made the process efficient and utterly painless. Point of fact, I'd have to rate this experience above my pricey, european auto-buying experiences in the past.

e_vol
11-06-2005, 03:03 PM
I had the BEST car buying experience from San Rafael Mitsu. Very honest, friendly and most of all great customer service. Highly recommend!!!

Picked up my GG 9 MR as soon as they came in. Fantastic car! :D

Yuh
11-07-2005, 03:10 AM
I just picked up a WW 06 IX GSR. Eric was a blast to work with. He was honest and to the point. I'll definately come back.

Revolver Ocelot
11-13-2005, 02:25 AM
All of you guys that are buying from San Rafael. What are you guys paying. MSRP? My dealership has been promising me invoice but it has been over a month since they placed the order and i still havent even seen the vin number. So iam thinking about going somewhere else and San Rafael seems like the place to go.

ZK
11-13-2005, 11:52 AM
All of you guys that are buying from San Rafael. What are you guys paying. MSRP? My dealership has been promising me invoice but it has been over a month since they placed the order and i still havent even seen the vin number. So iam thinking about going somewhere else and San Rafael seems like the place to go.

San Rafael is pretty good. Get your quote and talk to them, they can work with you and in a lot of cases match or beat the price. Just make sure you have your quote in writing.

Aren't you on Zilvia?

warpspeed
11-13-2005, 12:21 PM
I just picked up a WW 06 IX GSR.

When did the GSR come out? GSRs are only in Japan.

VOD
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Yes that is were I bought my mr 06 and i was very happy with the professional lvl and the friendly experience ... I looked inside there speed shop and it looks very good so far this was probably about 3 weeks ago hopefully they will open up soon because i am definitly going back there to get my car speeded up ( if there is such a word as speeded lol).... I also met the owner eric he sold me the car :0)

RgistRdShowoffIX
01-25-2006, 12:26 AM
I just picked up a WW 06 IX GSR.

When did the GSR come out? GSRs are only in Japan.

He only means the base EvoIX. lol this is a disease i swear.

i think they should be called GT!!!! lol

mygsx
02-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I only wish i dealt with them instead of crappy capitol mistu. Overall i'd gp tp them for any kind of servicing or buying a car from very great group to deal with 8)

YankInCali
02-06-2006, 10:39 PM
I only wish i dealt with them instead of crappy capitol mistu. Overall i'd gp tp them for any kind of servicing or buying a car from very great group to deal with 8)

Got my first oil change there last Friday. Mike was able to fit me in and get me out and in under 45mins. Awesome guys to deal with! Over half the cars in the service bay were MRs with more Evos in the lot waiting for their turn. Wanna mod your Evo and keep the warranty? Then definitely take it to SRM.

A WW pulled into the Performance Center dyno area with a C-West Front Bumper and an APR GTC Wing. Nice and it sounded mean too!

Cheers to the people at SRM!!! :D

L8eight
03-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Awesome, they are my main choice on where i will be purchasing, went in a few days ago...they have more evos than they have other cars sitting in thier lot. I LOVE IT!!! also Eric was reallly nice, answered all my quistions and showed me thier tuning shop on a sat when the shops closed. Snorre's also a great guy too, i talked to him in 03 about an evo and he was more than helpful also. I also new his son too met him at a party back in high school and seen him on the track of course a couple groups ahead of me :cry: lol, but he is way cool too. I guess SRM has the crew eh?

wzcx
04-05-2006, 07:20 AM
I just had a great experience with San Rafael too. Eric, Chris and Snorre were all quite helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. I got a good deal on a GG MR, and had a great time looking around the tuning shop and chatting with all of them. Highly recommended! The car will definitely be worked on by them in future when I start tuning it.

JanSolo
04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
[quote="mygsx"]Wanna mod your Evo and keep the warranty? Then definitely take it to SRM.

This is true to a point and is in need of clarification.

If you mod your car and it breaks due to the mod and then you attempt to claim it against your warranty, SRM is not going to cover it or assist. On warranty work over 500$, a Mitsu rep generally must approve the work. SRM just isn't going to void your warranty for adding a coffee can exhaust to your car like all the bay area dealers would in theory.

wzcx
04-05-2006, 09:54 AM
On top of not voiding your warranty, SRM will stand by any aftermarket work they do, and so you end up taken care of by one of their two shops either way!
(offtopic, does anyone know if they've hired Paul Fischer for sure yet?)

L8eight
04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
On top of not voiding your warranty, SRM will stand by any aftermarket work they do, and so you end up taken care of by one of their two shops either way!
(offtopic, does anyone know if they've hired Paul Fischer for sure yet?)

I believe they got em don't qoute me tho...

1StockEvo
05-07-2006, 11:19 AM
^Yep they got him for sure he starts in June sometime^

L8eight
05-07-2006, 03:20 PM
AWESOME!!!!!

^Yep they got him for sure he starts in June sometime^

PANGES
05-09-2006, 05:07 PM
dumb questions... who's Paul Fischur? Is he the tuner they were searching for? I bought my GG IX from them... WAYYYY more than happy buying from them. So they're open to do tuning?

L8eight
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
dumb questions... who's Paul Fischur? Is he the tuner they were searching for? I bought my GG IX from them... WAYYYY more than happy buying from them. So they're open to do tuning?

Paul Fischer is a tuner from Austratlia with alot of expierience and came highly regarded. Tuned my car, and after a few mo. of having it and a few auto-x's down the drain I can say it is truly a great tune.

leaveit2bevo
05-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I have peeling paint on all 4 calipers and the clear coat on my wing is peeling off will they warranty that?

peter
05-11-2006, 04:33 PM
whats the best deal someone received on their evo @ srm and what year?

PANGES
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I bet I got the best deal out of anyone for my 06 IX. But I promised not to speak of it ;)

peter
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
I bet I got the best deal out of anyone for my 06 IX. But I promised not to speak of it ;)

boo =(

peter
05-13-2006, 10:49 PM
what's the lowest anybody has lowballed SRM on an 06?

peter
07-10-2006, 05:12 PM
How come SRM is offering a TB 06 Evo MR? Is it an error or did they mean the SE Edition?

smack
07-10-2006, 05:28 PM

i'll take that bet :)

panem
07-10-2006, 05:35 PM
will they fix my broken recaro seat under my warranty. the plastic piece in the back is crack.

mtsevovii
07-10-2006, 06:15 PM
seems like Panges and I have something in common....

peter
07-10-2006, 06:18 PM
How come SRM is offering a TB 06 Evo MR? Is it an error or did they mean the SE Edition?

anyone here know about it?

1StockEvo
07-10-2006, 10:03 PM
It is in fact a TB 06 MR. Yes I think it was an SE model also.

06IXMR
07-17-2006, 11:02 AM
78 more days til i come home to buy from SRM :D

Tigerdc04
07-17-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't really like the price they offered me for my Evo before I went to SouthCoast. But I understand they really probably couldn't offer a good price because they aren't a large volume dealership.

PANGES
07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
seems like Panges and I have something in common....

hmm, I'm intruiged. lol. How much did YOU pay?

BTW: Did that Paul guy ever start tuning at SRM?

mtsevovii
07-21-2006, 11:27 AM
PMed ... :P

PANGES
07-21-2006, 11:31 AM
you got PM back. lol. >=P

smack
07-22-2006, 01:32 AM
yeah, paul is there now. he just got here on thursday and was still trying to get used to the time change today :)
i think he actually starts working on monday.

PANGES
07-24-2006, 03:56 PM
i thought he's been here for like a month already. lol. I wanna go by there and ask him to take a look at my car for me.

panem
11-12-2006, 08:59 AM
how much does san rafael chrage for a full diagnostics on the evo? imma need to get one soon. they will do it if i didnt buy it from them, right?

1StockEvo
11-12-2006, 11:03 AM
how much does san rafael chrage for a full diagnostics on the evo? imma need to get one soon. they will do it if i didnt buy it from them, right?

It depends on what exactly you want done. By full diagnostics what exactly do you want/expect done? Yes they will do it even if you didn't buy the vehicle from them you just need to call and make an appointment. The number is (415) 454-7000 ext. 1 and talk with Michael. They are open Mon-Fri from 7:30am-5:30pm

panem
11-12-2006, 11:39 AM
i just want to make sure that my egine is running fine b/c i had the check engine light go on when i got into an accident.

JDMevoBOOST
11-13-2006, 03:58 PM
hmmmm was it an SRS light? Did any airbags go off?

panem
11-16-2006, 08:19 PM
no, it was my check engine light.

ddubdb3
11-23-2006, 04:48 PM
so i have a brand new 06 mr i didnt purchase from san rafel but if i had some bolt on mods on my car. will this dealership still perform warranty work of corse depending on the severity of the damage??

smack
11-25-2006, 02:52 AM
first off, any dealer has to honor valid warranty work no matter which dealer you originally bought the car from.
that being said mods will definitely effect what is and isn't covered.

depending on what the problem is and if any mods could be the likely cause of that problem is what decides if it will be covered or not.

the decision is usually out of the dealers hands though since the regional warranty rep is who has the final say as to what is covered.