PDA

View Full Version : forum soft(another post whore thred)

Jay
07-07-2008, 08:08 PM
So when is the owner of this forum going to upgrade to a decent forum soft, like vbulletin ir IPB.
I know they must make ok money off the forum. SMF is ok for person/small site, but for a site of this size it really needs to upgrade to somthing better.

DirectorSe7en
07-07-2008, 08:12 PM
.....and nebo said "let there be an upgrade".

And on the seventh day, NCE purchased an upgrade.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/respect.gif

steevo8
07-07-2008, 08:18 PM
umm nebo doesnt own the site so I doubt he would be the one saying "let there be an upgrade."

DirectorSe7en
07-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm under the impression nebo is part owner along with drmosh, coolguy and Jan.

steevo8
07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
unless nebo didnt want people to know that and there for blatantly told people he doesnt have ownership in the site then I would have to disagree.

DirectorSe7en
07-07-2008, 08:35 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/noidea.gif

drmosh
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
So when is the owner of this forum going to upgrade to a decent forum soft, like vbulletin ir IPB.
I know they must make ok money off the forum. SMF is ok for person/small site, but for a site of this size it really needs to upgrade to somthing better.

I think you are disillusioned... you really think vbulletin or IPB is better just because it's paid? That's how little you know about software... vbulletin has one of the worst database structures on the market... it becomes ridiculously slow with large implementations. SMF is the MOST secure implementation of PHP out there and also has the fastest database structure.

steevo8
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
and... burn!

Jay
07-08-2008, 11:31 AM

I think you are disillusioned... you really think vbulletin or IPB is better just because it's paid? That's how little you know about software... vbulletin has one of the worst database structures on the market... it becomes ridiculously slow with large implementations. SMF is the MOST secure implementation of PHP out there and also has the fastest database structure.

Do you have any facts to back that statement up? I know from personally experience that SMF is slow on forums with a larger member base. Also the feature list leaves a lot to be desired, and from a purely superficial standpoint SMF to me looks like ass.

SavageEvo8
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
oooooohhh, battle of the powers that be.... **grabbing popcorn**

Jay
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM

I'm not trying to "battle". I just hate to see people toss out stuff they heard like facts. If he can bring the tech from a reputable sorce then that will be that.

SavageEvo8
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
:lol: just fueling the fire :)

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Freakin' Sean.....gonna get us all banned.

Oh well, bust out the Popcorn and Banner;

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/popcorn3.gif

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/UNCEntitled2323.png

Jay
07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
LOL

awdaddict
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
:lol: just fueling the fire :)

no.

and... burn!

he is.

Google search:
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=vbulletin+vs+IPB+vs+SMF&btnG=Google+Search

drmosh
07-08-2008, 12:04 PM

I'm not trying to "battle". I just hate to see people toss out stuff they heard like facts. If he can bring the tech from a reputable sorce then that will be that.

You are the one who posted that vbulletin or IPB is better without checking any facts... so you should hate yourself.

Before I even discuss this more, what are your qualifications to even talk about this or are you just wasting my time?

Show me where SMF is "slow" on large impementations as you claim.

nebolic
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm under the impression nebo is part owner along with drmosh, coolguy and Jan.

read my past posts regarding ppl bashing me because the site needs to make money (and my explaination of I dont care because I don't own the site), I don't own NCE, I just work here because I <3 EVO. :)

nebo

SavageEvo8
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
hey, i <3 EVO too, lets hug!

lodievo209
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
All this mumbo jumbo....SFO this ABC that tNT that or wahtever, but I also agree on hugging !!!!!! :lol:

nebolic
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM

holy fawk :o u just went there. I'm gonna take cover somewhere. Good luck.

nebo

DetailAddict
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
there is always room for improvement and there are things I wish SMF would have like they do in vBulletin. But I think that's more of a personal preference. As long as the site loads fast and doesn't crash, I am happy. :)

thanks nebo and site owner(s), keep up the good work!

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't care if we are running on DOS, get us a home page and full functionality again and I'm set.

awdaddict
07-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't care if we are running on DOS, get us a home page and full functionality again and I'm set.

You are asking 2much!

nebolic
07-08-2008, 12:29 PM

banned

:)

nebo

hahaha just kidding, made you look tho lol.

esco
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
wow.........the sites fine by me.

best part.....

ITS FREE BITCHES!

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM

You are asking 2much!

Unfortunately it's true, there should be more control on this forum. If it weren't for the actual members that make up this board, it would not be worth most people's time to visit this jury rigged forum. This is nothing against Nebo or Jan, but seriously, it's been like a month and no home page, and even if we get it back are we going to have a MOD 06' banner for a year? How long has the smiley function not been working? Can we get a feedback system and not that joke that was neg/pos rep?

banned

nebo

But you told me last night that you loved me. :( :lol: See, the Admins are cool, just lazy.

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM

best part.....

ITS FREE BITCHES!

If it were working fine, you wouldn't have reposted that video of the STI vs. Evo X. ;)

esco
07-08-2008, 12:48 PM

best part.....

ITS FREE BITCHES!

If it were working fine, you wouldn't have reposted that video of the STI vs. Evo X. ;)

DONT HATE ON MY PW DREAMS....................OR MY CAPS LOCK. :lol:

awdaddict
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM

You are asking 2much!

Unfortunately it's true, there should be more control on this forum. If it weren't for the actual members that make up this board, it would not be worth most people's time to visit this jury rigged forum. This is nothing against Nebo or Jan, but seriously, it's been like a month and no home page, and even if we get it back are we going to have a MOD 06' banner for a year? How long has the smiley function not been working? Can we get a feedback system and not that joke that was neg/pos rep?

banned

nebo

But you told me last night that you loved me. :( :lol: See, the Admins are cool, just lazy.

He said it to you for the free loving that you gave him, okay?! :P
Get Real :lol:

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
You can whore all you want if you keep Jessica Biel in your sig. Now if you put a pic of Brigette Nielsen, then we have a problem.

Jay
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Also

You are the one who posted that vbulletin or IPB is better without checking any facts... so you should hate yourself.
Why? I like the usability of either of the paid forum soft over SMF. Why should I hate my self? No reason for you to be an douchebag.

Before I even discuss this more, what are your qualifications to even talk about this or are you just wasting my time?
Are you the owner of the site? if so then why are you being such an ass. If not the same question is still valid. Is it because you have no tech to bring so you resort to acting like a self absorbed child? Or is there another reason?

This site., is a good example. I ask you a simple question, bring the tech, you haven't.So I guess you have no tech to bring.

Anyway, yes this site is free. It is the members that make this site what it is. The sites owners should give us back something by making this site what it should be.

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Don't be jealous, just because you had to pay. :P

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:01 PM

Don't be jealous, just because you had to pay. :P

Pic of said event? (http://www.lemonparty.org/)

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Your link fails harder than you do Jay. :P :lol:

Okay I fixed the link on my browser and...... OMG that's nasty/NWS .......... Rob, Nebo, and I aren't nearly that old. :D

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
dammin :(
It was the forum soft's screw up.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Your link fails harder than you do Jay. :P :lol:

Okay I fixed the link on my browser and...... OMG that's nasty/NWS .......... Rob, Nebo, and I aren't nearly that old. :D

LOL

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I like how there's two different things going on in here;

1. Is a homo argument that I secretely desire to be a part of.

2. Is a back and forth debate.

.......So, who has popcorn? I'm fresh out.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/

nebolic
07-08-2008, 01:07 PM

kk i'm gonna step in here about the laziness part.

1. I do have a full time job that requires me to work a lot of hours, so no I'm not lazy, I spend a lot of time on this forum plus my real job.
2. Dino, Rob, and Jan all work pretty hard themselves and running the site the best they can, they also have real jobs so it's a balance between maintaining the forums and working themselves.
3. Understand your frustration, but also understand we try our best to make the forums work the best we can, Rob and Dino spends a lot of time upgrading the server/software and testing, and I state again this is on top of their real jobs.
4. It's a free site :) bear with us while we maintain the site. I am fairly certain that if this was a paid site and we have a full crew of techies working, you'd get your wish list fast, unfortunately that is not the case as the site is a free site so that it can benefit the community.
5. In closing, admins are not lazy, just trying to juggle a lot of things in life.

nebo

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com/

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/notfunny3333.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
http://goatse.cz/
click it, I dare you.

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM
.....I tired, and this is all I got.

See below;

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
your at work right?
Wait till you get home.

esco
click it, I dare you.

wow. im actually scared to click it.

wat is it? or nvm dont even wanna know........

dabaysevo

1. I do have a full time job that requires me to work a lot of hours, so no I'm not lazy, I spend a lot of time on this forum plus my real job.
2. Dino, Rob, and Jan all work pretty hard themselves and running the site the best they can, they also have real jobs so it's a balance between maintaining the forums and working themselves.
3. Understand your frustration, but also understand we try our best to make the forums work the best we can, Rob and Dino spends a lot of time upgrading the server/software and testing, and I state again this is on top of their real jobs.
4. It's a free site :) bear with us while we maintain the site. I am fairly certain that if this was a paid site and we have a full crew of techies working, you'd get your wish list fast, unfortunately that is not the case as the site is a free site so that it can benefit the community.
5. In closing, admins are not lazy, just trying to juggle a lot of things in life.

nebo

Translation for all that don't speak Admin. :P

1. I do have a full time job that requires me to work a lot of hours, so no I'm not lazy, I spend a lot of time at the strip club which is where I prefer to spend my time while NCE is a distant third.
2. Dino, Rob, and Jan all work pretty hard themselves as my wing men at the strip club so it's a balance between maintaining the forums and working them dollar bills in the stripper's thong.
3. Understand your frustration, but you should take it easy and go to a titty bar every once in a while to relax. Just not our titty bar, we're greedy.
4. It's a free site :) bear with us while we maintain the site. I am fairly certain that if this was a paid site and we would have more money for the strip club.
5. In closing, admins are not lazy, just trying to see those titties juggle takes a lot of our time.

nebo

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 01:20 PM
your at work right?
Wait till you get home.
Yup, FTL.
.....The FBI wont bust my door down right? http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/2gunsfiring_v1.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/glasses7.gif

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:20 PM
click it, I dare you.

It's okay, it's a picture of Jay's asshole after the San Leandro meet.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
lol

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
.......So, who has popcorn? I'm fresh out.

I have some but there's a hole cut out of the bottom of the bag. Grab a handful if you wish.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
going for the little suprise at the bottom?

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, but either the bag is really big or my surprise is uber small and you have to dig really deep into the popcorn. :(

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Daym

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Fuck you beat me to it. :lol:

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Forum soft is the shiz right now.

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Thread of the year nomination? We should have that just like EvoM does in their off-topic section.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Thread of the year nomination? We should have that just like EvoM does in their off-topic section.

Post whore thred of the moment, maybe.

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:32 PM
You're right, NCE is A.D.D. central.

awdaddict
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
^
Oscar,
that means Nebo still luv u.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
You're right, NCE is A.D.D. central.

yes it is.

esco
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
click it, I dare you.

hahahahaha

anyone click it? sounds brokeback..........wheres the crew???

SavageEvo8
07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
:lol:

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
click it, I dare you.

hahahahaha

Go for it, click it!!!

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
click it, I dare you.

hahahahaha

Does it sound like I'm lying? The crew? They're the ones that tore Jay a new one apparently, look at the pic.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
SL starbizzle is like that.
Someone always gets a bigger asshole at the end of the night.

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
^
Oscar,
that means Nebo still luv u.

He better, I know his dark secrets about the nakid G.I. Joes.

drmosh
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Also

Why? I like the usability of either of the paid forum soft over SMF. Why should I hate my self? No reason for you to be an douchebag.

Are you the owner of the site? if so then why are you being such an ass. If not the same question is still valid. Is it because you have no tech to bring so you resort to acting like a self absorbed child? Or is there another reason?

This site., is a good example. I ask you a simple question, bring the tech, you haven't.So I guess you have no tech to bring.

Anyway, yes this site is free. It is the members that make this site what it is. The sites owners should give us back something by making this site what it should be.

So the only reason is you like the look and feel of vbulletin or ipb... that's fine, I like the way SMF is technically built.

I don't have to "bring the tech" because you have no qualifications to understand any of the "tech" so far.

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM

I know we're racing to see who's can match the Caldecott tunnel in wideness. Brice is winning by a large margin right now.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM
So the only reason is you like the look and feel of vbulletin or ipb... that's fine, I like the way SMF is technically built.

I don't have to "bring the tech" because you have no qualifications to understand any of the "tech" so far.

That is the biggest bullshit cop out I have seen yet on NCE.

Jay
07-08-2008, 01:49 PM

I know we're racing to see who's can match the Caldecott tunnel in wideness. Brice is winning by a large margin right now.

I don't know, Rod is going big, and likes it.

awdaddict
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Can you explain the tech?
I think I will understand.
Pretty please :)

drmosh
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM

That is the biggest bullshit cop out I have seen yet on NCE.

Yer right... I don't have time to bullshit with a bullshitter...

Please resume the regularly scheduled post whoring...

Jay
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Ok, that two people that have ask you to bring the tech, yet you continue to not do so. So that leads me to to think that you have no tech and are talking out of your rear. To prove otherwise just bring the tech.Now that you have made such a todo about it, I am sure others are interested in why SMF is better as well.

I am very interested to hear why SMF is better, with the tech to back it up.

awdaddict
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Are we gonna get 2.0?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163438.0

turbotiger
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Actually I thought this was a paid site. Paid by the vendors that is.

I really don't know much about forum software in terms of implementation and architecture, I'm a windows admin and have been implementing various types of different software globally for the last 12 years.

I do have to tip my hat off to the admins for keeping the fast and reliable over the years.

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
click it, I dare you.

You sick son of a bitch I clicked that shit. That was fucking nasty. Thank you very much.

SavageEvo8
07-08-2008, 02:46 PM
http://2girls1cup.com/

tasty!

NWS

dabaysevo
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
click it, I dare you.

You sick son of a bitch I clicked that shit. That was fucking nasty. Thank you very much.

I told you, why must you be bi-curious?

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
:oops:

nebolic
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Paid site infers that the users pay: users being you.

nebo

I really don't know much about forum software in terms of implementation and architecture, I'm a windows admin and have been implementing various types of different software globally for the last 12 years.

I do have to tip my hat off to the admins for keeping the fast and reliable over the years.

Jay
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
click it, I dare you.

Love you to <3

Jay
07-08-2008, 03:00 PM
http://2girls1cup.com/

tasty!

NWS

http://4girlsfingerpain-video.blogspot.com/2008/01/4girlsfingerpaint.html
Even better!!

SavageEvo8
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
what is up with these chicks.... so GROSS!!

DirectorSe7en
07-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Love you to <3

;)

bricel24
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM

oh hai gaize!!! how'd I get into this tunnel business??! :o

esco
07-09-2008, 12:41 AM
click it, I dare you.

Love you to <3

hahahahahahahahhahaha im sooo happy i passed on that one. no need for an explanation.

Paid site infers that the users pay: users being you.

nebo

im sure if someone has a problem with having to much money or a concisence for using this site for free Nebo or myself would help alleviate your pockets of cash...... :D

dabaysevo
07-09-2008, 07:34 AM

Why are you complaining, it was your idea.

bricel24
07-09-2008, 09:23 AM

Why are you complaining, it was your idea.

say it ain't so! you love me long time no?

dabaysevo
07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I love you hard for a long time, if that's what you're getting at. :P

bricel24
07-09-2008, 10:33 AM
sounds hot :D

DirectorSe7en
07-09-2008, 10:38 AM
.....take pics!

SavageEvo8
07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
i demand pics of said loving being given

Jay
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM

http://www.fingerslam.com/

SavageEvo8
07-09-2008, 11:05 AM
dude, im disturbed that you have this kinda shit on tap. fingering a dick? seriously? :lol:

Jay
07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I blame it on the Emperor's....

lodievo209
07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
WTF!!!!!!! Two fingers??? :shock:

bricel24
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM

hey! lol

bricel24
07-09-2008, 11:11 AM

dude, im disturbed that you have this kinda shit on tap. fingering a dick? seriously? :lol:

you asked for it!

Jay
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM

hey! lol

http://www.nataliedee.com/062406/i-do-i-love-you.jpg

bricel24
07-09-2008, 11:13 AM

hey! lol

http://www.nataliedee.com/062406/i-do-i-love-you.jpg

unfortunately...

dabaysevo
07-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Holy Fag Convention in here, I want in on this action.

esco
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Holy Fag Convention in here, I want in on this action.

foooorrreeealllllzzz yo.

poke poke

Jay
07-09-2008, 11:25 AM
dude, where is the pic of the emperors in the hot tup when you need it ;)

dabaysevo
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Fap, Fap

SavageEvo8
07-09-2008, 12:50 PM

you asked for it!

you got me there, im so so so so sorry i asked. im pretty sure im going to have a nightmare tonight....yes, its a definite

DirectorSe7en
07-09-2008, 01:16 PM
where is the pic of the emperors in the hot tup

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/confused.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/noidea.gif

poke poke

:poke:

dabaysevo
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
where is the pic of the emperors in the hot tup

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/confused.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/noidea.gif

It's probably gay slang, it has to be, I mean the "P" button is so far away from the "B" button to be a typo. You don't want to know what tup is.

SavageEvo8
07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
^ loves smileys A LOT!

DirectorSe7en
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
^ loves smileys A LOT!

My mommy tells me they help better express myself. http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/blabla.gif http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x295/DirectorSe7en/Smileys/wstupid3.gif

You don't want to know what tup is.

Tup tup in the butt?

bricel24
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Pocket pool anyone?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/bricel24/Project%20Ride%20picnic%20062908/DSC_0015.jpg

DirectorSe7en
07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
LMAO!! That's fucked up haha.

Did he win a prize?

bricel24
07-09-2008, 11:25 PM
LMAO!! That's fucked up haha.

Did he win a prize?

Sort of :D

Jay
01-16-2009, 01:05 PM
And then there was a forum change.

KevOVIII
01-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I remember that post, but didn't know at the time that drmosh was the owner of the site.

JanSolo
01-16-2009, 11:59 PM
And then there was a forum change.

Official score:

drmosh = 0
jay = 1

earlyapex aka jack ass
01-17-2009, 02:35 AM
omg pwnge of 09

So drmosh, when are you going to sell this steaming pile of shit you made NCE into so it can be done right?

Jay
01-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I honestly think this new forum soft is better than SMF, I guess with some people it takes time to get use to new things.

Jay
01-18-2009, 11:04 PM
omg pwnge of 09

So drmosh, when are you going to sell this steaming pile of shit you made NCE into so it can be done right?

I got $5

oneillevo
01-18-2009, 11:14 PM
I honestly think this new forum soft is better than SMF, I guess with some people it takes time to get use to new things.

I would have to agree. I do like it, it will take me a bit to get used to but nice.

JanSolo
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Really, I think the software is just fine overall. If you've used other forums using this software, which is seemingly the de facto standard, then as a user, this should be a no brainer. What does suck though, is the migration was not completely thought through. And while Nebo and I would love to be able to resolve the situation, we lack the requisite ability to do so. This is not our forum, we're simply unpaid volunteers who are subject to some of the same limitations as regular members of the site, albeit with the ability to admin users, comments and the like.

Anyhow, since PM's to drmosh probably aren't working, please feel free to email him: [email protected]

I've talked to him many times about the situation and while he is receptive to the concept of fixing the issues, there is clearly no progress in a direction that would satisfy the NCE userbase.

Jbalke212
05-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Then there was EE haha later suckas