PDA

View Full Version : RAW shooters

steevo8
07-09-2008, 11:14 PM
So I started shooting raw finally and when I went to open the files in PS, PS wont recognize them for me to open them in it :? WTF? I had to export them as Jpeg to edit them :(

Also as a new RAW shooter is there anything I should know? Any simple hints/tips you can direct me with?

bayareaEVO
07-10-2008, 12:21 AM
what version of ps do you have? i remember i had to download a RAW plug-in for it to read it ;]

Jay
07-10-2008, 08:16 AM
WOW..
I have Pchop CS3 and it even reconises NEF, the nikon version of Raw.

wzcx
07-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Steve, are you using CS2? http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

steevo8
07-10-2008, 10:37 AM
no I'm on a regular CS version I loaded off limewire a long time ago. I'm kind of worried if I buy any plug ins that they won't work for me since my program isn't lagit

Jay
07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
go find CS3, and your life will be happy;)

steevo8
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I tried :(

I'm too hood to pay for it so I'm going to hold off till I can find somewhere to pirate it from.

runnerupbeauty
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Just now shooting in RAW :shock: Download CS2 it will make your life much easier. I have both CS2 and CS3 both downloaded.

Maybe if you ask nice I can get you CS3.

WTFCIRCUS

panem
07-10-2008, 05:08 PM
try dl Picasa2 online. it works for me.

Vicious
07-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Just go to adobe and download the latest version of ACR (Adobe Camera Raw), which is, i believe 4.1.3 iirc.

Jay
07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I tried :(

I'm too hood to pay for it so I'm going to hold off till I can find somewhere to pirate it from.

YGPM

RgistRdShowoffIX
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
If you don't want to buy a full photoshop CS3 then get PS Elements 6 or Lightroom.

You can also download CS3 on bittorent. the old CS don't have the updated RAW compatibilities

earlyapex aka jack ass
07-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Just download the plugin for CS, it works fine, even with non-legit versions.

GEEkFACe jer
08-06-2008, 05:47 PM
this happened too me yesterday.

but borrowed a flash card reader and uploaded it just fine and converted the files as well.

- i have also tried all those things such as photoshoot blah blah this and that and didnt work soo yeahh if you tried everything possible i say get the flash card reader.

lncrevoviii
08-16-2008, 07:32 PM
The last pics I took was using the RAW feature in D40. I uploaded them on the computer but my photo program would not recognize the file. I downloaded a plugin so my program can recognize it. I edited the pics, and tried uploading on Photobucket and now photobucket doesn't recognize the RAW format. Fuxin great.
So, I searched google for file converters. Ended up getting (I forgot the name), but it converts RAW images to Jpeg or Mpeg or whatever the fux file name for images are out there. Then finally, I could upload them on Photobucket.

I took some more pix today using RAW feature, they look good on the camera viewer, but I will see how they look blown up. I will post up tomorrow.

steevo8
08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
If your not editing them then your better off just using the JPEG format.

The last pics I took was using the RAW feature in D40. I uploaded them on the computer but my photo program would not recognize the file. I downloaded a plugin so my program can recognize it. I edited the pics, and tried uploading on Photobucket and now photobucket doesn't recognize the RAW format. Fuxin great.
So, I searched google for file converters. Ended up getting (I forgot the name), but it converts RAW images to Jpeg or Mpeg or whatever the fux file name for images are out there. Then finally, I could upload them on Photobucket.

I took some more pix today using RAW feature, they look good on the camera viewer, but I will see how they look blown up. I will post up tomorrow.

evo_dadi
09-13-2008, 06:19 PM
raw shooter here also but just using the the picture project that came with it.tried finding some decnt photshop software on torrents but so far 0 for 2 :(

evo_dadi
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
anybody got conections for a CS2 or CS3?;) still haven't found a good one on torrents