PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an Evo X MR willing to let me drive your car?

TarmacEVO
07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm in the market for a new car and the Evo X MR is at the top of my list. Unfortunately my local dealer only let me go on a test drive around the block. I would like to drive the car for about 15 minutes to see how I fit (I'm 6'4" 210lbs) and see how the car drives around some corners etc. I don't want to beat on anyone's car, just drive it a bit more than the dealership allows. I had a 2005 Evo 8, 2002 BMW M3, just got done co-driving with some friends in the Bullrun Rally, and I'm a responsible adult. I live in Sunnyvale and work in Palo Alto. In exchange I'll give you this beer 8) Please PM me if you're willing to set something up.

player67
07-10-2008, 09:18 PM
o_O

TarmacEVO
07-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Wow, tough crowd. In my reality it's not such a big deal. I've done it for other people in the past as well. Sleeping with one's wife and driving one's car are in no way related. While on the Bullrun Rally people swapped Ferrari's, Lambo's, Mercedes, etc. with complete strangers. I guess they were just cool people. There was an Evo X MR press car on the rally as well and they said I could drive it, but I ran out of time. As an aside, the differentials kept overheating on the track. Anyway, I guess there's such a small number of new MR's on this forum that I'm not sure I'll have any takers....I guess I can try another dealership. However, if anyone doesn't think it's such a big deal to let a responsible adult drive their car, then PM me. Thanks.

SavageEvo8
07-11-2008, 08:10 AM
hes not asking to race or borrow anyones car really, just to sit in the drivers seat around the block with im sure the owner sitting next to him. its an open community here, and im sure someone would be willing to let you cruise theirs. im borderline myself. but im afraid if i DO drive one, then ill have to get one :) so im staying away

you may not get to experience the MR but at least you can get a good feel of one thru a gsr (minus the paddles)

player67
07-11-2008, 12:52 PM
lol hey tarmac PM D7

DirectorSe7en
07-11-2008, 12:55 PM
lol hey tarmac PM D7

No thanks.

nebolic
07-11-2008, 01:57 PM
lol

nebo

lol hey tarmac PM D7

No thanks.

UCB
07-11-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm in the market for a new car and the Evo X MR is at the top of my list. Unfortunately my local dealer only let me go on a test drive around the block. I would like to drive the car for about 15 minutes to see how I fit (I'm 6'4" 210lbs) and see how the car drives around some corners etc. I don't want to beat on anyone's car, just drive it a bit more than the dealership allows. I had a 2005 Evo 8, 2002 BMW M3, just got done co-driving with some friends in the Bullrun Rally, and I'm a responsible adult. I live in Sunnyvale and work in Palo Alto. In exchange I'll give you this beer 8) Please PM me if you're willing to set something up.

Go to a different dealer and rip on it.

player67
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
lol hey tarmac PM D7

No thanks.

hahahahahaha what about me???? am I allowed to go street racing in your car/???

TarmacEVO
07-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not feelin the love here. I guess I will have to check out a different dealer. Even if D7 offered, and I know he didn't, it wouldn't really help me because he already swapped out his seats....and a big factor is if I'm comfortable in the stock setup.

nebolic
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
you only interested in the MR?

nebo

I'm not feelin the love here. I guess I will have to check out a different dealer. Even if D7 offered, and I know he didn't, it wouldn't really help me because he already swapped out his seats....and a big factor is if I'm comfortable in the stock setup.

lodievo209
07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Well why dont you just go to a dealership and just sit in the car in the showroom for 15min. if your concerned about how the seats feel??

TarmacEVO
07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
If I buy an Evo X, then I'm 95% sure I'd go for the MR so my wife could drive it when we would need to swap cars. If someone here with a GSR were willing to let me check out their car, then I would appreciate driving the GSR as well.

you only interested in the MR?

nebo

TarmacEVO
07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
That would be better than nothing at all, but I need to see how I feel actually driving the car....can I see out of it well....do my legs get in the way when I have the seat adjusted for an aggressive driving position, can I get comfortable since the steering wheel doesn't telescope and the seat doesn't go down??? Additionally, I want to see how the car actually drives. I've read all the reviews and most forum discussions about the car, but it seems like a wise idea to try to drive the car more than a mile before shelling out 40k+.

Well why dont you just go to a dealership and just sit in the car in the showroom for 15min. if your concerned about how the seats feel??

GSXR
07-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Head over to Stevens Creek. I was able to take out a Red GSR. I liked it so much I picked one up.

Unowned
07-12-2008, 11:27 AM
you don't need to test drive an evo to know you if it's the right car for you. I never test drove either of my evos before i got them

DirectorSe7en
07-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Me too.

Went to buy my VIII without ever test driving. Then bought the X MR without ever test driving. Happy with both.

TarmacEVO
07-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, I test drove my Evo 8 before buying it. I want to test drive the Evo X MR for more than a mile to see how I like it....the transmission is like nothing I have owned before...I need to make sure I'll be happy with it. Also at 6'4" and 210lbs a big factor is how I fit. Doesn't seem too strange to me.....either did the request to drive someone elses car.....whatever.

TarmacEVO
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
I got a chance to drive a X MR tonight for a longer test drive. Cool car....I think it may be my next vehicle. White, Gray or Black....nav or no nav....hmmm!

DirectorSe7en
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
No Nav if you want to save $2,550.

sprytsi
07-12-2008, 11:12 PM
I always test drive. No matter how much you think you like a car, you don't know until you actually drive the car for a bit.

I test drove tons of (used) Evos before buying mine and if I was serious about buying a new car then I would test drive that as well.