PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

MitsubishZ
02-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey my name is John, im 17 and I live in Sacramento. I currently have a stage XII or something, 300zx TT. Mods:

Dual intake
JWT Ecu
JWT Sport 530 Ball Bearing Turbo upgrade (11.5 psi)
Stillen Oil Cooler
Stillen intercoolers
Labree straight pipes / exhaust
NISMO 555cc Injectors
Stillen Short Throw Shifter

Pioneer DVD player
Autometer C2 A-pillar gauges
Stillen GTZ fascia
Stillen TypeIII CF wing
BBS wheels

Anyways thats my current ride but I've recently (last few months) been falling in love with the evo :P Ive been surfin this forum and SoCalEvo.net and everyone here (and there) seems like really nice people. I will *hopefully* be getting an '05 evo pretty soon too, so I can join in on the fun! I see some of you guys crews Sunrise, which is sweet. Anyways even though I dont have an evo yet I thought I'd register and say hello, maybe get to know a few people and learn some things before I get behind the wheel! My first question will be - do I get the MR or stay with standard evo and get Leather/roof/sound package? Right now as it stands I think I'd rather have the standard evo with those rather nice luxuries. Hope to see you guys around some time, feel free to hit me up on AIM! C ya :D

jbigelow
02-08-2005, 12:16 AM
GET THE MR!!!!!!!!! :) ,BUT BETTER YET, WAIT FOR THE EVO IX!!!!!!!!! :)

brwnrice
02-08-2005, 12:27 AM
welcome! you should read this article first http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3388 before you make your decision

MitsubishZ
02-08-2005, 12:29 AM
I dont think I can wait for the IX!! :shock: Why would you recomend the MR? I know it has a closer gear ratio 6 speed tranny, bilstein shocks (improved ride?), lightweight wheels. But the reason Im leaning towards the standard evo is because of the nice leather interior, and sunroof! Its a hard decision, to sacrafice performance for that. :?

MitsubishZ
02-08-2005, 12:32 AM
welcome! you should read this article first http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3388 before you make your decision

Hey thanks for the headsup!

jbigelow
02-08-2005, 12:40 AM
I dont think I can wait for the IX!! :shock: Why would you recomend the MR? I know it has a closer gear ratio 6 speed tranny, bilstein shocks (improved ride?), lightweight wheels. But the reason Im leaning towards the standard evo is because of the nice leather interior, and sunroof! Its a hard decision, to sacrafice performance for that. :?

i'd rather take performance and weight saving before luxury.

i don't care for a sunroof and leather interior for a sports car. rather have an aluminun roof and race buckets. :) (but that's just me)

choose what makes you happy.

-jbigs

MitsubishZ
02-08-2005, 12:54 AM
yeah well, coming from the Z I think I'd like a few more luxuries. It does have leather, but I'd really like a sunroof. If the MR came with a sunroof, Im pretty sure I could pass up the leather. I know this sounds stupid but, the sunroof is a pretty big deal for me :) Ive got some time to decide, so in the meantime I'll make this forum my homepage and cruise around here. Im goin to sleep, later!

Evo8andahalf
02-08-2005, 01:47 AM
just go to the dealer and check out both see how they feel both for the comfort and ride that youre lookin for, i know i wouldnt get leather seats on an evo maybe a different car like a g35 but definitely not on an evo

LEVIII
02-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Welcome, what color is your Nissan. Im on Sunrise about once a month or so.

wilson1
02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Welcome!

They are both going to be awesome for you.
Just go and see which suits you better, cuz you will be the only one driving the evo, not us.

Make yourself happy!

JanSolo
02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Just go and see which suits you better, cuz you will be the only one driving the evo, not us.

Did you sell your Evos?

MitsubishZ
02-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey my Z is slilver... If you see me say hello :D

p.s. Do the '05 standard evo's come with an I/C sprayer? What about the MR? Thanks.

JanSolo
02-08-2005, 05:14 PM
No more IC sprayer as of 05. As a former z32 owner to another, drop the zero and get with the hero (I got that line from a Vanilla Ice movie :D ). The 300zx is a great car, but it is a bit too heavy and the stock brakes are some of the worst I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Your old Z will feel like a boat once you take a drive in the Evo.

MitsubishZ
02-08-2005, 05:36 PM
No more IC sprayer as of 05. As a former z32 owner to another, drop the zero and get with the hero (I got that line from a Vanilla Ice movie :D ). The 300zx is a great car, but it is a bit too heavy and the stock brakes are some of the worst I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Your old Z will feel like a boat once you take a drive in the Evo.

Hey man yeah Im very excited to be getting an evo. I have to sell my Z first (thats the rule) and then I can get one. So it could be a few weeks or a month. Kinda a bummer to hear they got rid of the IC sprayer, why did they do that? I agree with you, my Z's brakes are absolute sh*t and for a car with 450rwhp its NOT good news. I have to drive very carefully and make sure im not getting too fast. The Z is a heavy beast that carries a lot of momentum, I cant wait to drive a nimble evo day to day.