PDA

View Full Version : Magnecor 8.5MM wires

nebolic
02-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Anyone used these wires, I know that David Buschur was running some test on these wires and he said they are worth it. He quoted them at $55 for a set, but I found them randomly at an online store for $89. I guess my question is where do I find these wires for $55 and also does anyone think that it will make a difference with aftermarket wires, or do I need to get an aftermarket ignition module to go with it to get a noticeable difference. Any input? Just thought that if I can pick up the wires for $55 thats a pretty good cheap mod right there.

Nebo
:D

vtluu
02-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Buschur Racing maybe? :)

http://www.buschurracing.com/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?29X376545

FYI the Magnecor part number is 45423. Lowest price I could find online other than BR was $71.

BR price is $70... but I think David just offered us an NCE group buy discount, $55? ;)

chrisw
02-08-2005, 08:44 AM
I used them on my old talon. If I remember correctly, I noticed an imediate difference, especially when it was hot.

I plan on getting a set for the EVO.

MarkSAE
02-08-2005, 08:57 AM
At $55, I want a set! Is there an actual group buy going on for these?

nebolic
02-08-2005, 09:08 AM
not sure if its $55 but Buschur said they were around $55 on his dyno testing thread, I'm gonna try to call around to see if I can get them for $55. I'll let you guys know.

Nebo

jbigelow
02-08-2005, 09:23 AM
not sure if its $55 but Buschur said they were around $55 on his dyno testing thread, I'm gonna try to call around to see if I can get them for $55. I'll let you guys know.

Nebo

yeah nebo, i had these ignition wires on my m3s and they are the shiznit!

if you can get them for $55, i'm down wid'it!!!!!!!

twEeker
02-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Are these ignition wires good for an almost completly stock car? If someone can tell me the positive effects, I might just sign up for the group buy. Thanks

vtluu
02-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Group buy thread here: http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3420

twEeker
02-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I saw that thread, but I'm still curious to the positive effects of the wires, and what it will improve before I buy.

vtluu
02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
From http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=41535#41535 :

Next test and I was only doing this one because they were on my work bench to test and I was tired of moving them, plug wires.

For goodness sakes, the car only has two short wires on them. In the DSM's of the past plug wires have proven to be a big PITA. Get a customer to call here and tell you what is wrong with his car. First thing you ask is what plug wires do you run and what spark plugs. If they answer anything but NGK or Magnacore wires or if they run Platinum plugs then you have them change those first. Usually never hear back.

My RS has only about 2500 miles on it. It also has about 230 dyno runs on it right now. I pulled the two plug wires off and replaced them with the Magnacore 8.5 mm wires we stock, but have only sold a set or two of. You would think on a new car it wouldn't make a difference. Wrong. The HP went up a few 3-4 whp in parts of the curve. The really amazing thing was how much smoother the curve was. The plug wires got rid of some small dips I had here and there in the curve. These wires, I have to say are a must have part even on a new EVO, atleast when the HP goes up from stock they are. I'm very impressed. These two wires are $55. I am going to have to do some hunting to double check that as it seems a little high for two plug wires, they did make a very nice difference though. I higher mileage EVO would be even larger.
I'm still slightly skeptical, but David Buschur believes in them, and has data to back it up, so who am I to argue?

warpspeed
02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Damn. I should have waited a little longer. I have been looking around for a set of plug wires. Cal gave me a good deal on a set of RalliArt plug wires. One thing funny about with the RalliArt wires was that they look like stock but after installing them, it smoothed out my idle and seems the cars cranks/starts quicker.

evotistic
02-08-2005, 09:50 PM
How much for the Ralliart wires?