PDA

View Full Version : Xflash Power!!!!!

nebolic
01-30-2004, 07:55 PM
:twisted: Heres a good one: Just happened about 1 hour ago in Sacramento.

I raced a STi and Walked him.

STi had a turbo back and boost controller - how much boost hes running i have no idea.

So heres one good kill for us Evos.

I was cruising to get my taxes done and I see this STi (silver) near my house, he slows down and waits for me. I get to him side by side and we both punch it, I pulled on him a little but slowed down. Did that a few more times and each time I pulled on his ass.

Then we finally got to a sweet spot, two lanes and a Stop sign.

We both lined up at the stop sign.

He rolls down his window and counts to three.

He takes off launches his car.... nice launch by the way, and I semi launch my Evo (i'm still babying my clutch).

Off the line he pulls a little less than half a car in front of me, then my car starts to wake up and my turbo spools, I'm still pulling in first gear and I hear him shift, I look at my tach i'm hitting 6500rpm and still going, then I powershift into 2nd gear (praying the whole time I dont miss the shift), by the time I shift into 2nd I am neck to neck with his car, then I hear him shift again, and I"m still pulling, by this 2nd shift the race is over cuz he loses some time in the shift and my car starts pulling away, now i'm a little 1/4 of car ahead of him, then i power shift again into 3rd and the race is really over cuz i'm pulling and pulling on him by the time I slammed on my brakes, I am more than a car length ahead of him.

You can imagine the surprise look of his face, he was mind boggled. and also he was the one that kept asking me "come on man what you got, lets see what you got". My response after I won was "my tail lights".

After he loses he's cool and pulls over to bullshit. I told him all i have is catback and he was shitting his pants. He said he got a turbo back and MBC and he thought he was invincible but apparently today, I showed him otherwise.

Also I got really lucky, within the distance we raced, there were at least 2 cops. One was parked on the side of the road but no cop was inside.

On the last race there was a cop going the opposite direction, I thought i was gonna be a goner.

Just another thought tho, this STi owner, doesnt know crap about tuning, why? because i asked him a few questions and he couldn't answer etc.. and plus hes never heard of vishnu or any other company tuning ecus, he's all about the bolt on stuff.

So Xflash and HKS catback, made me feel really good today, I know not all of it can be accounted for by the mods, and some maybe to the driver error of the STi, but now I can gladly say I killed a STi

Oh yeah, before we left, the STi owner commented, man its my 6 speed, if i was on the freeway or we went any longer I would've killed you.

Hhhahaha yeah right biatchhh!!! I was still pulling on him before we stopped.

Power to the Evo people!!!!!!!!! and also I'm giving mad props to Vishnus Xflash, you've made one Evo driver hella happy.

Peace out.
Nebo
:twisted:

JanSolo
01-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I bet Shiv would laugh if he read this. He might shake his head in disapproval, but deep down he would be laughing.

The only STI owner I know that has modded their car knew nothing about nothing. He added a vta bov and thought his was the greatest thing ever. And everyone at Best Buy (where he works in south San Jose) thinks he is a god of some kind.

Anyhow, congrats on the race and it's good to see that the Xflash brought out the power of your Evo. Nothing like a stealth mod like that to hide what ya got inside.

ytsejam
01-30-2004, 09:44 PM
it was a nice kill.

but kept me wondering why his MBC & Turboback didn't save his ass...LOL...plus he was launching....

cmmon nebolic, just tell us you were spraying...hahhahaha...j/k

vtluu
01-31-2004, 12:39 AM
:D Just be careful out there. :skid:

I know a couple guys at work with STis. One used his to teach me to drive stick. :lol: His STi is still stock because his project car is his old 4G63-powered Galant, which he's done all kinds of stuff to--changed the turbo (old one is sitting on his desk in his office), hacked the ECU himself. Cool guy; I'm hoping he'll help me drop the tranny on my Evo when it comes time to change the clutch.

The other guy had a nice titanium-tipped exhaust on his but apparently he got pulled over for it and had to get rid of it. :?

nebolic
01-31-2004, 12:55 AM
hehe got too happy tonite and over-revved in third gear to fuel cut when i was hopping onto the freeway, woops felt terrible for molesting my car that way. Gonna stop abusing hte car the for a bit. :-) cheers guys, it has been a fun day, but pretty sure tho i got lucky with the STi, most likely if a good driver was behind the wheel, i wouldn't have been able to take it.

JanSolo
01-31-2004, 01:10 AM
It's obvious to see that you thoroughly enjoy your Xflash. What's next for you? Cams and cam gears? That would be some nice power, I think. A stage 2 like Wilson is getting? Then very few cars on the road would be able to challenge you. In fact, the only challenge would be keeping your car running.

howiEVO8
01-31-2004, 04:47 AM
oooOoo nice kill hehe...when he asked you what you had you should have said you got about $4k more than him from savings of the two cars lolz

DB8GSR
01-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Haha.. nice kill indeed!! Did you hear his car ping? :lol:

nebolic
01-31-2004, 10:21 AM
hehehe, cam gears sounds good, does anyone know if its illegal tho? btw the STi backfired liked a Biatch!!! he actually shot a fireball out of his exhaust.

howiEVO8
01-31-2004, 12:46 PM
hehehe, cam gears sounds good, does anyone know if its illegal tho? btw the STi backfired liked a Biatch!!! he actually shot a fireball out of his exhaust.

that's was a warning to get the hell outta thurr, she's gonna blow! lolz

chris
01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
haah fuq xflash is sounding too good crap. you got a base flash right? or was that tuned with your cat-back?

ytsejam
01-31-2004, 04:51 PM
i think he's got the map for catback too

Shiv@Vishnu
02-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Tsk tsk... no racing on public streets! No breaking the speed limit. No talking on the cell phone while driving. You are just asking for trouble! I'm ashamed.

Nice kill though :twisted:

shiv

559EVO
02-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Im still waiting to find one on the streets.

coolguy949
02-23-2004, 04:13 AM
Tsk tsk... no racing on public streets! No breaking the speed limit. No talking on the cell phone while driving. You are just asking for trouble! I'm ashamed.

Nice kill though :twisted:

shiv

Exactly.....Listen to Shiv! He knows his stuff. Just stay off the streets and put all your miles on the dynos and you'll never have to worry about getting in trouble! :)

Rob

TylerO@WORKS
03-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Yes, please keep it safe guys.

Also, powershifting is not...so...good for your tranny. You can go faster (IMO) with more precise shifts, but that takes a lot of practice.

Keep having fun!

GokuSSJ4
03-09-2004, 11:06 AM
nice kill !!! just becareful out there...