PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart air filter

evotistic
02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Is anybody running the drop-in Ralliart air filter? I know it's a little expensive, but I'm just curious. I used to run the Blitz SUS on my last evo....I felt a little hp gain at the top end, but bottom end torque seemed to drop off a little. I know a lot of high hp evo's are running the stock air box, so I'm gonna try this route on the MR. What do you guys think?

V8KiLL3R
02-08-2005, 10:35 PM
me i just have the HKS drop in with my stock airbox

ace33joe
02-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I have one in my car. I like it. I doesn't make big difference, but it feels like the turbine spools faster. It seems filtering is also ok, I didn't really see dust in the stock intake box.

It's pricy, but I will buy one more when mine needs to be replaced. (According to the manual, we need to clean it with compressed air every 6000 miles, and replace it after 30,000 miles use. (Japanese specifies it in km, but I converted to miles))

If you plan to keep your stock intake box, and if you don't want to use oiled ones (such as K&N or HKS drop-in), I guess you won't have many other choices. :)

mack
02-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey man! did u still put on the stock box cover when u put in the ralliart air filter?

mack
02-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey man! did u still put on the stock box cover when u put in the ralliart air filter?

EvoVIII
02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
yes u still put the top back on, u are just replacing the filter, not the Air box

BluEvo
02-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I used to run the Blitz SUS on my last evo....I felt a little hp gain at the top end, but bottom end torque seemed to drop off a little.
question. was that the blitz with the drop in filter and open air type box cover that gruppe-s was advertising on EvoM?
t

evotistic
02-09-2005, 05:23 PM
No, it was the open air style.....regular cone filter setup removing the stock box.

I was also thinking about getting an open air filter inside an airbox, like the hks kansai box.

guess it's time for me to start experimenting.......thanks for the input guys!

ace33joe
02-10-2005, 02:21 AM
I used to run the Blitz SUS on my last evo....I felt a little hp gain at the top end, but bottom end torque seemed to drop off a little.
question. was that the blitz with the drop in filter and open air type box cover that gruppe-s was advertising on EvoM?
t

Blitz SUS is an open air intake basically stainless steel cone-looking mesh. You can wash it and use it for long long time, but it's not filtering well. They say "200 micron", but it's "0.2 mm". You may not want to use this at dusty or dirty area.

By the way, has anyone tried that Blitz open cover? It's pricy, but looks easy to install and may have near open air intake performance?

EVO Neil
02-10-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm running the Ralliart air filter in my Evo, it seems fine. I didn't know it had to be replaced at 30K miles though, that sucks.