PDA

View Full Version : Please do not spam the boards with utter useless threads

nebolic
07-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Please do not spam the boards with utter useless crap that is beyond utterly useless. MODS, please take note of any offender and send me a list of offenders. Ban will be put in place, no exceptions.

nebo

SavageEvo8
07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
can this include all the threads dedicated to the bashing of individuals? i think were all getting a little tired of hearing a million sides of this stupid feud thats been going on where everyone keeps screeming lawsuit yet continues to bitch and complain in threads.

nebolic
07-18-2008, 02:25 PM
yes, includes everything.

nebo

SavageEvo8
07-18-2008, 02:29 PM
there IS a god... thank you sir!

chrisw
07-18-2008, 03:17 PM
even in off-topic?

steevo8
07-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I think what made this forum exciting was the old days of EA, ST, tam etc being down right honest. 99% of this forum has nothing worth while to share and for the most part no one here has any interest in the things that are shared.. For instance. Bryan posting the difference between road data and mustang dyno data.. I think a dozen people commented on that and IMO that was awesome of him to lay that all out for everyone to see. Also, stuff like my port work. I get constant PM's asking how to make power, or what needs to be ported etc, and yet when I make a post on it no one says much.. I'm not talking about people patting me on the back, I'm talking questions and just general interest. IMO that's the reason why this forum is full of so much crap. People that are very knowledgable like Andy and the SE crew or jerry and his crew have no incentive to share anything with the community cause not many care to hear it. They are just here to BS. I know some people and vendors have nothing useful to contribute, and they are just here to pitch product, but if the community doesn't support those people that are out there testing the new CBRD turbo's, the latest FP turbos, providing us with every once of data they come across etc etc, all that's going to be left of this forum is useless spam..... End rant.. Hope this post isn't utterly useless.

nebolic
07-18-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm talking about the threads that was made recently i.e. what if you had 3 seconds to live, what if you had to sleep with ben etc... those are useless crap.

nebo

jbfoco
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
who cares if its usless crap, we cant have bullshit threads? isnt that what off topic is for?

Yes there have been threads recently that have brought the mods into police mode. I have deffiantly contributed to that. But now that we established that we can post vendor reviews in a seperate forum with out it getting deleted, that helps.

Half of the fun is bullshiting with people you know on these boards. Know that mods have chosen sides alot of the people that actually post usefull information wont be contributing anymore.

Either way it is what it is, just sharing my thoughts on this public forum.

edit: This post is not directed to nebo, its a generalization to NCE as a whole at the moment.

chrisw
07-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm talking about the threads that was made recently i.e. what if you had 3 seconds to live, what if you had to sleep with ben etc... those are useless crap.

nebo

I hear what you are saying, but those threads really help aliviate the boardum at work today.

nebolic
07-18-2008, 06:41 PM
yes i understand that its fine when one or two threads go up.

i.e the original thread, what if you had 1 hr to live etc..

then someone makes a thread, what if you had 3 secs to live

then another thread, what if you had to sleep with ben

and so on and so forth. i have no problem with the original thread but when ppl make continuations of those threads, thats what is going to be deleted from the boards.

nebo

steevo8
07-18-2008, 06:57 PM
ahh very good points. I skip most OT stuff so I didn't even realise that was happening

DirectorSe7en
07-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I didn't see them as any different from those "Your valuable opinion on" threads from a while back.

If those threads bothered anyone then I apologize.

dabaysevo
07-18-2008, 07:11 PM
The thing is that everyone knows each other here on these boards and it's fun to BS. We had a nice breakfast at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles here in Long Beach with a bunch of guys down here for MOD. We know each other and it's like a band of brothers in a way. This is what I like over evom, we actually meet each other and when we aren't near each other we can still BS on the boards. I have recommended this before and I'll do it again, if you really don't want to deal with all the crap of clutter, make the off-topic section not visible on the main page, like on evom. On evom, if you want to go into off-topic, then you actually have to go there through the forums page link. Then we can make all the BS threads without really cluttering up the main page.

Now that being said, we need more mods to make sure the informative threads are actually cleaned up and stay on topic. I can understand a post of two with off-topic banter, but once the off-topic crap takes over an informative thread, then I totally understand Nebo's point of view.

I haven't been on that much since last week and apparently there has been a lot of drama to the point where key people want to take a break from the forum and to me that is really utter bullshit, there should be no need to EVER have to drive people out. Maybe it's people being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic, I don't know, like I said I haven't been on much so I don't understand the situation completely. But that is why we need mods and Admins, to keep order and to.... OMG moderate and keep the peace and stand in neutrality. Please keep that type of bullshit off the boards since we should all get along, it is an evo enthusiast boards after all, funny BS threads like what if you had to sleep with Ben (I heard he is a devil in the sack BTW ;) ) aren't really that big of a deal since we would probably say that type of BS at meets every week anyway so it's actually something that makes the day go by faster at work.

Sorry for the long post but really, there are some people taking shit way too seriously and you guys need to cut that shit out because it's affecting the forums and that to me is what needs more attention.

PS. Nebo, you left your socks in my room last night, were you really in that much of a rush to leave me this morning? :shock:

JERRY
07-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Nebo, you left your socks in my room last night, were you really in that much of a rush to leave me this morning? :shock:

BAN!!!!!!!!! USELESS CLUTTER!!!!!!!!! hahahaha.

I'd have to agree, I think some of the threads on the forum are somewhat useless, and some of the threads that would seem very informative get almost no attention. But I can definitely see why, if you are using NCE as a scapegoat at work, the useless crap does have it's comical relief. Many threads tend to merge off topic, and I can be blamed for some of it... but I think there's some members that contribute more BS then worthy info (not to say anything I type is worthy... I'm a tool). But what exactly are you proposing Nebo? A ban of certain characters that bring nothing to the table other then irritation? Stronger presence of mods/admins?

Jerry

nebolic
07-18-2008, 10:42 PM
yes ban of certain individuals that clutter the site.

nebo

dabaysevo
07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
When it comes to general topic discussions or in offtopic as well?

Ben
07-18-2008, 11:33 PM
yes ban of certain individuals that clutter the site.

nebo

Uh oh me and Sebas better go hide!

DirectorSe7en
07-18-2008, 11:53 PM
In our defense we do not clutter "the site". We may post BS topics but those are rare occassions and are strictly in Off Topic.

As far as going Off Topic in General sections that's something that it seems everyone enjoys whether it be Vendors, Regular Members, even Mods+Admin. I'm not excusing it, just saying it seems to be the norm. Right now it's easy to catch a few pointless threads but the issue is more than 1, 2 or even 10 people.

I would say, start at the top, lead as an example and everyone will whip into shape. That's not directed to anyone, just a vague personal opinion.

missred
07-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Do as I say, not as I do. :lol: :lol:

steevo8
07-19-2008, 12:38 AM
it might just be the twelve pake talking but this is kinda a poo tless subject IMO. I don't see why we don't have a points systen in place or maybe a warning thing or somethinh. In theory that's the fairest way to go.. Chanced I'll be banker in a week but oh well. Fair is fair right :?

whtrice
07-19-2008, 08:43 AM
:) ^^ You failed the 12 pak writers sobriety test. >> poo tless subject :lol:

gbpkr
07-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I completely agree with getting rid of the clutter...esp. in useful threads. I liked this site because it has been filled with good info.,,,in the past. But, most of the threads start off useful and then they turn into a three page conversation between a few people.

The useless threads are annoying, but I choose not to read them. If you guys could work on the crap that fills up useful threads...that would be great.