PDA

View Full Version : No Front Plate? Here's a cheap alternative.

evoixse
07-21-2008, 12:16 AM
I have been contemplating about drilling holes on my bumper to put the front plate on my car. I really do not want to do that, but I walked into a Kragen Auto Parts store last week and saw a suction cup kit that safely installs a license plat safely on the inside of the windshield for $3.24 out the door. I am still a little concern about safely incase of an accident. Therefore, I am thinking about buying a flexible door guard to wrap around the edges. I will post a picture of it if the edging idea works. Let me know what you think.

bayareaEVO
07-21-2008, 02:05 AM
i think it still count as no front liscense plate..

player67
07-21-2008, 03:45 AM
lol you fool, its still counts as no plate. The license plate MUST BE visible on the bumper. Why would ppl pay to put the plate in the windshield when you can just throw it there and endanger all your passengers and yourself lol The glare of the windshield can make the numbers indistinct. Think about it. This is harsh reality, i havn't been pulled for no plate in years thank god. Not to mention there are no holes in my front bumper but I have a drill ready if I ever get that ticket.

turbotiger
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
You can't have anything in front of the bumper, including a windsheild or those license plate covers.

awdaddict
07-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I have been contemplating about drilling holes on my bumper to put the front plate on my car. I really do not want to do that, but I walked into a Kragen Auto Parts store last week and saw a suction cup kit that safely installs a license plat safely on the inside of the windshield for $3.24 out the door. I am still a little concern about safely incase of an accident. Therefore, I am thinking about buying a flexible door guard to wrap around the edges. I will post a picture of it if the edging idea works. Let me know what you think.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,29291.msg503531.html#msg503531

chrisw
07-21-2008, 10:53 AM
you don't have to drill the bumper to mount the front plate bracket. It's held in there pretty solid with 2 out of the 3 bolts needed.

evoixse
08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. I took the plate off and will look into mounting it on the bumper. :)

ddubdb3
08-02-2008, 11:30 PM
3m makes this stuff kinda like velcro but waaay stronger I can't remember what its called..but that's what I did it works great.

warpspeed
08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know why a lot of people don't like putting the front plates on the Evo. In my opinion, our cars look better with the front plate on the right side instead of having it dead center like every other cars out there.

missred
08-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't know why a lot of people don't like putting the front plates on the Evo. In my opinion, our cars look better with the front plate on the right side instead of having it dead center like every other cars out there.

Because it looks like food stuck on yo teeth :lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05/30/article-0-016CB9CC00000578-389_468x337.jpg

In all honesty I roll with my front license plates on, I don't think it will help much :lol: but why give them a simple reason to pull you over. For photoshoots and shows I do a quick disconnect of the plates to floss muah GrIlLZ.

kori
08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
^just do what i did. i kept the dealer plates on and the little sticker in the front windshield. got the car in feb and didnt put the back plate on till dec. and still left the slip in the windshield. ;)

ljcabrera
09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
^just do what i did. i kept the dealer plates on and the little sticker in the front windshield. got the car in feb and didnt put the back plate on till dec. and still left the slip in the windshield. ;)

I did that for 3 years on my last car. Never got popped.

evilevo9
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I did it for a year and a half and cop don't bother you, as long as your car looks really clean. :lol:

DoggDicker
09-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Front plate...hahaha...mine's been in the shield for a while now...no popo problems.

Dennis

MaxKanisha
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM

Wow so lucky.. I got pulled over for no license plate and the cop ripped mine off the front window. :( That a**hole.

Ben
09-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Never had a front plate on my Evo and already got my fix-it ticket for no front plate signed off :D

Huys evo
10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,29291.msg503531.html#msg503531

+1