PDA

View Full Version : HELP Amp Grounding??

lqdchkn
02-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm installing my amp this weekend and am curious as to where everyone has is grounding. I'm thinking about using the bolt that holds down the spare. Anyone fore see any problems?

lqdchkn
02-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Bump

BluEvo
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
find a bolt somewhere in the trunk floor behind the seats. scatch off the paint surrounding the and under the bolt to secure a good contact ground. i wound have to take a peek under the trunk capeting after work to see a good area.

TogueMonster
02-11-2005, 05:30 PM
BluEvo: "find a bolt somewhere in the trunk floor behind the seats. scatch off the paint surrounding the and under the bolt to secure a good contact ground. i wound have to take a peek under the trunk capeting after work to see a good area."

Yeah, what he said. Shouldnt be any problems. Use sandpaper to remove paint/primer and get a good metal to metal contact. Grounding systems like the Hot Earth Grounding systems by Sun Auto can improve overall sound quality by eliminating electronic impurities n what have you. Good luck on the install!!

lqdchkn
02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
thanks for the input
:D

Deviousone209
03-18-2005, 03:17 AM
and dont forget to make sure your ground is no longer that 12", cuz a long ground is a weak ground.