PDA

View Full Version : newbie questions please help! :)

Origin of Speed
02-13-2005, 09:30 PM
:!: ok i'm planning on buying a evo8 very soon, but there are some basic questions i would like answered.

here it comes!

what is the maintenance cost of owning a evo? i know insurance is $$$ and gas is expensive, but is there anything else notable?

let's say i'm gonna buy my evo at san rafeal, i heard they are top-notch. should i do my oil changes there or by myself?

tire replacement - how are the stock tires? since i live in california and dont plan to go skiing with this car, i dont need snow tires. how long are the yokohamas gonna last? what's a good replacement tire?

do san rafeal honor their warranty if you mod your :peewee: ?

if not, what are some mods that improve your ride quality without voiding ur evo?

THANKS!!!

EVO GRIM
02-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Maintenance is cheap mods are expensive!

Seriously oil change is like $30 if you do it yourself.

Evo gets great mileage if you stay off the go pedal, I got 28 mpg on a trip to bass lake.

Stock Advans are good for 10,000 if you milk 'em.

Lots of options on the replacement tires from $100 a piece to $250.

Its a killer car, but if you cant afford it, save. Insurance will not be cheap.

Evo442
02-13-2005, 10:09 PM
:!: ok i'm planning on buying a evo8 very soon, but there are some basic questions i would like answered.

here it comes!

what is the maintenance cost of owning a evo? i know insurance is $$$ and gas is expensive, but is there anything else notable?

let's say i'm gonna buy my evo at san rafeal, i heard they are top-notch. should i do my oil changes there or by myself?

tire replacement - how are the stock tires? since i live in california and dont plan to go skiing with this car, i dont need snow tires. how long are the yokohamas gonna last? what's a good replacement tire?

do san rafeal honor their warranty if you mod your :peewee: ?

if not, what are some mods that improve your ride quality without voiding ur evo?

THANKS!!!

Most people get more than 10k out of the stock advans. I got about 14k out of mine. Would have done better but I wasn't very good about checking my tire pressure regularly. Learned my lesson. I replaced the advans with Michelen pilot sport PS2's and like them better in every way over the advans. not cheap though

Warranty's have been much debated. Mitsu hasn't been very good about honoring them it would seem.

As far as ride quality goes if thats important to you, look at an STI, they ride more comfortably than an evo out of the box. On the evo, you'll probably need to go with coilovers like the Zeals, or ohlins or whatever to improve the ride.

kimmievo
02-15-2005, 12:05 AM
And if you don't have tickets or accidents on your record, monthly insurance really isn't that bad. I pay $119.00/month

rexg
08-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I too am about to take the plunge in trading in my 05 accord coupe(just no power in that car. used to drive a mb clk when i lived with my parents). my insurance agent says that my premium will go up from 1058 to 1122. is this realistic or will i get hit later when they actually approve of it? i dont want to make a decision on payments and get hit later on insurance.

lancerboy
08-13-2005, 06:31 PM
I too am about to take the plunge in trading in my 05 accord coupe(just no power in that car. used to drive a mb clk when i lived with my parents). my insurance agent says that my premium will go up from 1058 to 1122. is this realistic or will i get hit later when they actually approve of it? i dont want to make a decision on payments and get hit later on insurance.as long as your pass 25 years of age with a clean record, it won't be that bad. i pay $770/6mos.