Where: Network Associates Coliseum, Oakland

Course Walk (7:30AM - 8:30AM)
Mandatory Drivers' Meeting (8:30AM)
1 3 Street Touring S, Preps
2 4 FS, DSP, ESP
3 1 Street Touring X, Street Touring 2, Street Touring U, OSP
4 2 SS, BS, CS, ES
Course Walk
Mandatory Drivers' Meeting (After course walk)
5 7 DS, GS, HS
6 8 ASP, BSP, BSPV, CSP, F125, Formula Junior Karts
7 5 FSP, Street Mod
8 6 AS, Mods, Street Mod 2

See you there....

V8KiLL3R
02-16-2005, 04:49 PM
daym why this sunday? anyways well hope you guys (whoever's going?) have fun. leaving this sunday :(

SJCoruja
02-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Hello! I've never had an opportunity to check this out and might actually be free on Sunday. Is there a better time/place for a new spectator to come by and watch?

vtluu
02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Hello! I've never had an opportunity to check this out and might actually be free on Sunday. Is there a better time/place for a new spectator to come by and watch?
Not sure about "place", depends what's close to you, and I'd consider Oakland about as spectator-friendly as any other venue. (Well, the food from the roach coach is cheaper than down in Marina. ;))

Time-wise, we have Evos running in groups scattered throughout the day so just show up whever; chances are Chris and I and most other ESP drivers will be gone after noon though. ESP Evos always put on a good show, and if Adrian is going then you'll see a pretty fast SM-class Evo (and driver) too.

evo_dadi
02-16-2005, 07:13 PM
ill be there also and running solo since my co-drivers gonna be on a wedding.anybody knows how the weather's gonna be?

vtluu
02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
ill be there also and running solo since my co-drivers gonna be on a wedding.anybody knows how the weather's gonna be?
"Chance of rain" last time I looked: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=94601&hourly=1&yday=50&weekday=Sunday

evo_dadi
02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
ah okay,looks like ill be sticking with my st115 for now then :wink: i was gonna try my stockers but they aint much good when it gets wet :P

V8KiLL3R
02-16-2005, 08:25 PM
dadi_oh i would ride shotgun with you but i leave for work that day. 8)

brwnrice
02-16-2005, 08:42 PM
if it's this sunday i might try and run my evo. evo_fafa i need a sponsor to get me in.

chrisw
02-16-2005, 09:42 PM
if it's this sunday i might try and run my evo. evo_fafa i need a sponsor to get me in.

It would be better for you to show up in the morning then. The sponsor program has changed, on 5 individuals per event can be sponsored

Visitor, Novice-buddy programs.
2005 Jan 22
Changes to programs for new people.
1. A member may accompany a non-member to an event; the non-member guest drives and works. Bring a friend.
Guests will be limited to 5 total per event on a first-come-first-served basis. Only one guest per member. Also a guest may use this program only once after which they will need a membership to drive.

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/news.html#visitorUpdate

evo_dadi,

even if it rains I would recommend the stock tires over your st115s. Hell even if it rains, I will still be on R-compounds :evil: [/quote]

evo_dadi
02-16-2005, 11:02 PM
i might just bring the stockers with me then since if it does rain ill feel better with the st115 on highway 17 on the way home :shock:

chrisw
02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
no worries dude.. I drove 17 plenty of times with teh stockers.... I know its hard to do, but all you need to do is slow down :)

evo_dadi
02-17-2005, 08:46 AM
lol true but on sunday's the road is so empty :wink: :lol:

chrisw
02-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Pray for rain!! 8)

evo_dadi
02-18-2005, 10:13 PM
oh yeah :twisted: 60% of rain and it might be in the afternnon.hope it doesnt drop while working on the station :cry:

evo_dadi
02-20-2005, 08:04 PM
damn my run today was "wth was that!!" then i got picked on by the small number on my car :oops: :lol: it was fun tho nonetheless :twisted:

also had 3 close encounters with the cops going to oakland and back lucky i didnt pick up any ticket :shock: :oops:

vtluu
02-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, I'm happy to report that my WORKS-sponsored Evo won ESP today... Though with my co-driver Caleb driving it and not me. :oops: Driving such a technical course, wet, on cold roadrace compounds was "interesting". Caleb took the first run and did what seemed like half of it going sideways through most of the turns (and still turning in a decent time). I was riding along and thinking, "Holy ****, there's no way I'm not going to spin out." My first run was pretty darned slow but a really good exercise in countersteering and recovering from major tail-outs. Actually managed to put down a faster second run than Caleb (52.8) but with 1 cone; 3rd run was a bit sloppier (overcooked a couple turns slightly) but clean for a best time in the 53s. Caleb was consistent and drove his last run brilliantly with a 50.9 (50.8?) to take the class.

Marcel, sorry I didn't stick around, I have a cold and didn't want to stand around in the rain too long so I only waited around to get my annual tech done. Sounds like you had fun though. :)

chrisw
02-21-2005, 08:51 AM
every run I had was an excersize in drifting, especially on the first part of the course before the 1st slalom...

I know I could have won that event, but I kept screwing up the last corner before the finish. Those last two corners I never got right. My 3rd run I finally got the 2nd to last corner right, but screwed up the last...

oh well. I'll have to live with 3rd place.

evo_dadi
02-21-2005, 09:13 AM
man i was hearing some funny stuff from these focus guys parked next to me on the grid.there wast his galant that had volk rims on it and this guy goes"man the wheel has more value than that pos car" :roll: i wanted to say dont you see that big ic peeking out,i was gonna correct him but luckily his buddy knew something and told him"dude's that a galant vr4,old school turbo awd,and look at his ic"man the look on the guys face was pricelessas he had to retract what he originally said :lol: he's all "oh really,damn thats sweet!" :roll:

brwnrice
02-21-2005, 05:08 PM
anybody did this yesterday?
http://img234.exs.cx/img234/3036/cowned9px.jpg

chrisw
02-21-2005, 05:18 PM
anybody did this yesterday?
http://img234.exs.cx/img234/3036/cowned9px.jpg

My co-driver fell into that catagory as he did a nice lazy spin around the 3rd work station...

evo_dadi
02-21-2005, 06:04 PM
nope i didnt took any cones out yesterday :lol:

vtluu
02-21-2005, 07:53 PM
They say if you're not hitting cones, you're not trying hard enough. :nana:

Therefore I must have been trying pretty damned hard when I set my record cone count, 10 cones (actually seems more like 7 or 8) in one run; see this video: http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album198/autox_tam_20041010c.wmv

Oops! :lol:

chrisw
02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
I agree with Tam...

You will have that feeling of acomplishment when you spin your EVO for the first time :lol:

then as the adiction grows, you will start wearing those cone marks as badges of honor to those brave cones that sacraficed themselves in order to thwart your perfect run...

vtluu
02-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Results are up: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2005/Championship/round2.html#esp
Hey Chris, you did better than you thought! :thumbsup:

Looking at the ESP results, d'ya think the Evos might have had a bit of an advantage on the wet/slippery surface? :D

I'll try to find another "dark horse" co-driver to frustrate you again next event. ;)

chrisw
02-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Results are up: http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2005/Championship/round2.html#esp
Hey Chris, you did better than you thought! :thumbsup:

Looking at the ESP results, d'ya think the Evos might have had a bit of an advantage on the wet/slippery surface? :D

I'll try to find another "dark horse" co-driver to frustrate you again next event. ;)

Tam you could say the same!

wow... I didn't know that Navid coned his last run..

Navid@xperformance
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM
[quote="vtluu"]
wow... I didn't know that Navid coned his last run..

That makes 2 of us!!! It was a miserable event for me anyway. As it got dryer and dryer, I saw my street tire advantage disappear. The only bright point was my fun runs at the end of the day. I got down to 49.6.

--Navid