PDA

View Full Version : Weapon*R Free Bbq and Car Show

evo_dadi
02-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Everyone is invited to a Free Bar-B-Q and Car Show this coming March 5th, 2005. We have plenty of room here for over 100+ cars. We’ll have all our products on display, including many of our new Secret Weapon Truck Intakes, Catch Cans, and more! A raffle drawing will be held, the Grand Prize being a New Secret Weapon Intake for your vehicle, and many more consolation prizes as well. As always we’ll have plenty of promotional goodies to give away, and discount coupons available.

Come on down and show your ride, get some free food, and check out the new Weapon-R location. SRO will be offering a discount on all products in stock there, so if you see something you like you can pick it up there.

This should be an exciting opportunity to meet the folks at Weapon-R and see what their all about.

Vendors, if you would like to setup a display booth, please contact me at: [email protected]

This is open to all car enthusiasts so please post this on other forums.

What: Weapon*R BBQ and Car Show

When: Saturday March 5th, 2005, 11am – 5pm

Where:
WEAPON*R COMPETITION PRODUCTS
180 SYLVESTER ST. SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
Phone: 1-650-877-8280 Fax: 1-650-877-8290

V8KiLL3R
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
why doest it have to be when im not in town :(

lqdchkn
02-17-2005, 12:21 PM

Dude you always out of town. :D

kimmievo
02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Sounds like fun. Anyone want to meet up in Redwood City and caravan the rest of the way?

Bullet
02-17-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm down to meet up in Redwood City...

1stSAGE
02-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Caravan from Redwood city would be cool, I'm down.

kimmievo
02-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Ok, for anyone whom wants to meet up in Redwood City, here are the details. If you would like a different meeting place, just chime in.

We will meet at Starbucks inside Sequoia Station at about Noon. We can hang out for awhile, then caravan at about 12:40p The address is 1045 El Camino Real, see you there!

1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett (MAYBE)
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec
5. ARVSHOP
6. Boywonder (?)

dohcvtec
02-17-2005, 03:30 PM
i'm in for caravan from redwood city

1stSAGE
02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey when they say "Free B-B-Q and car show", do they mean free entrance to the bbq and show, or FREE FOOD?

lancerboy
02-17-2005, 08:01 PM

Dude you always out of town. :D :werd:

lancerboy
02-17-2005, 08:04 PM
not sure of the caravan but i'll probably go to this event. paging whooopaaas :o

EvoVIII
02-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok, for anyone whom wants to meet up in Redwood City, here are the details. If you would like a different meeting place, just chime in.

We will meet at Starbucks inside Sequoia Station at about Noon. We can hang out for awhile, then caravan at about 12:40p The address is 1045 El Camino Real, see you there!

1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec
how bout at San Mateo?? :P

kimmievo
02-18-2005, 09:47 AM

1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec

Where in San Mateo do you suggest?

toasty
02-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Thinking about going too, just done know about the time. I'll just walk around the BBQ, and I have no idea who is who, or even recongnize anyone per say. :?:

evo_dadi
02-18-2005, 10:29 PM

1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec

man doug just drive your butt down to redwood city :lol: :P

Deviousone209
02-21-2005, 11:50 PM
ok where exactly is this meet? im from los banos (merced area)..so if redwood city is on my way then im there..

kimmievo
02-28-2005, 09:41 AM

1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec

man doug just drive your butt down to redwood city :lol: :P

lol, yeah, Redwood City is barely a 10 minute drive from San Mateo. If everyone is cool with it, lets just stick to the original plans.

kimmievo
03-01-2005, 01:42 PM
Bumpity bump bump bump....

toasty
03-02-2005, 12:43 PM
I'll try to make it, I think I'm going to bring some friends along. So, dont be surprise that I dont know alot of people other then Kimmi, (cool gal) :D

Bullet
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Not sure if i can make it. so just put me down as maybe... thanks

Whooopasss
03-02-2005, 02:50 PM
not sure of the caravan but i'll probably go to this event. paging whooopaaas :o

LOL... hmmm ok I'll go.. let me know lancerboy where you want to meet..

paging DRFTR8 & BRWNRice

V8KiLL3R
03-02-2005, 03:30 PM

Dude you always out of town. :D :werd:

tell me about it..... im here freezing my butt down...... it just snow here yesterday.

wilson1
03-02-2005, 06:25 PM
so who's going?

Please update list

ARVSHOP
03-02-2005, 10:42 PM
go wilson!!! im down to meet at redwood!!!

wilson1
03-02-2005, 11:10 PM
go wilson!!! im down to meet at redwood!!!

When are you going?

b0yw0nder
03-02-2005, 11:59 PM
can a GTP owner....possibly future eVO owner join in the drive to the show?

kimmievo
03-03-2005, 09:46 AM
so who's going?

Please update list

Hey Wilson,

Check out Pg. 1...It's updated :) Or my post below, lol

kimmievo
03-03-2005, 09:47 AM

1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett (MAYBE)
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec
5. ARVSHOP
6. Boywonder (?)

This is updated as of 3/3

Boywonder-of course you can come along! The more the merrier!

MR JayR
03-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Wish I could make it. I'm working a graveyard shift Fri. night 'til 7am in the morning. Gotta get home and catch some ZzZzzzzz.

dohcvtec
03-04-2005, 10:34 AM
hey kimmie, where exactly is this starbucks at?

kimmievo
03-04-2005, 02:15 PM

The Starbucks is located inside Sequoia Station in Redwood City. The address is 1045 El Camino Real, Redwood City, 94061.

The Starbucks is situated between Long's and Noah's Bagels.

Let me know if anyone needs exact directions.

toasty
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I wonder if the BBQ is stil going on due to the weather on Saturday.
Maybe BBQ under some tents?
How is this going to work?

:?:

Bullet
03-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Forecast says it should clear up over the weekend. Hopefully...

dohcvtec
03-04-2005, 03:52 PM

The Starbucks is located inside Sequoia Station in Redwood City. The address is 1045 El Camino Real, Redwood City, 94061.

The Starbucks is situated between Long's and Noah's Bagels.

Let me know if anyone needs exact directions.
i'll just punch in the address into the navi 8)
thanks!
and yes, should be clear this weekend, sun finally!!!

kimmievo
03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
I wonder if the BBQ is stil going on due to the weather on Saturday.
Maybe BBQ under some tents?
How is this going to work?

:?:

I called Weapon R earlier and they said the BBQ is still on....I've heard it is going to clear up too. I am sure they will plan according to the weather though.

SJCoruja
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
1. Kimmievo
2. Bullett (MAYBE)
3. 1stSage
4. Dohcvtec
5. ARVSHOP
6. Boywonder (?)
7. SJCoruja

Ended up not going to SoCal, so count me in!

b0yw0nder
03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
see you guys in redwood city as long as the weather looks good and i'm not too hungover

toasty
03-04-2005, 11:16 PM
:woowoo: For the BBQ. :D
Hopefully the weather is on the sunny side.

blitzkrgCT9A
03-05-2005, 08:02 AM
yup clear sky it is! Time for some BBQ!!! hellz yeah! see you all there! peace

Cal

Whooopasss
03-05-2005, 09:16 AM
can a GTP owner....possibly future eVO owner join in the drive to the show?

why not?

I'm still not decided if I'm going..

b0yw0nder
03-05-2005, 04:18 PM
ya..i'm an idiot....i was running late and since i've never been to redwood city I couldn't find the starbucks....

I came to the car show, ate and left cause it didn't really seem to be worth hanging around. Tiburons and xB's don't really blow my mind.

It was cool to see the evos there. The blue one, what color is that?

Did people continue to try to do smoke shows as they left? That was some weak sauce that I saw.

dohcvtec
03-05-2005, 10:26 PM
ya, there were some idiots there driving like the fast and furious. i almost got run over by a g35 showing off his mad POWAH. but, i did win a hat! that blue one is kimmies blue by you, its HOT :)

blitzkrgCT9A
03-05-2005, 11:42 PM
eh, I must have missed you guys by like 30min. I left at around noon due to the fact I didn't see anything interesting. lol Definately a lot of RICE at the show tho.. Good GOD those Hyundai crew made me laugh :lol: .. and those other ricers speeding up n down the street were pretty lame as well.

But I didn't expect much out of this meet cuz I already know what was going to be like. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lancerboy
03-06-2005, 12:46 AM
you guys should have joined us karting instead. we had a lot of fun 8)

ARVSHOP
03-06-2005, 12:50 AM
DAMN!! I can agree with you guys!! the hyundai crew was horrendous!!! :twisted: hehehe and hella egos flying around!!! dude seriously there was even a crew that came in with an entourage....
first at the front were two bikes revving all the way to the parking lots, then a riced out prelude and finally a stock Solara!!!! I was like WHADDAHEYL!!!!! :shock: its a damn MAFIA!!! HEHEHE LOL

leo and weapon R was cool though....PROPS TO WEAPON R!!!! FREE FOOD AND GREAT PRODUCT YIELDS!!! EVEN FREE PRIZES!!!

EvoVIII
03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
eh, I must have missed you guys by like 30min. I left at around noon due to the fact I didn't see anything interesting. lol Definately a lot of RICE at the show tho.. Good GOD those Hyundai crew made me laugh :lol: .. and those other ricers speeding up n down the street were pretty lame as well.

But I didn't expect much out of this meet cuz I already know what was going to be like. :lol: :lol: :lol:
is WeaponR~~ what do u expect out of it? :lol: is nothing like HKS or Apexi.. those parts that they make seems to be useless IMO....

nebolic
03-06-2005, 01:29 AM
come on man, just cause they dont make parts for the Evo doesn't necessary mean their useless. Hey at least they're trying to bring in new products. Options are always good.

Nebo

EvoVIII
03-06-2005, 02:03 AM
come on man, just cause they dont make parts for the Evo doesn't necessary mean their useless. Hey at least they're trying to bring in new products. Options are always good.

Nebo
oh yeah, they make lots of product for Ricers :lol:

kimmievo
03-06-2005, 01:42 PM
I bought the engine damper a few weeks back from Weapon R...haven't installed it yet. I know a few members that have it on, and they absolutely love it. I've also heard good things about their catch can for the Evo. It seems like WR is making a great effort to make products for our Evos, so I have to give them props for that.

Anyways, the meet was a little "2F2F" but it was still cool meeting up with everyone. Dohcvtec's and my little run up 101N was fun!!

Hey Toasty-Post those pics!

nebolic
03-06-2005, 02:07 PM
I bought the engine damper a few weeks back from Weapon R...haven't installed it yet. I know a few members that have it on, and they absolutely love it. I've also heard good things about their catch can for the Evo. It seems like WR is making a great effort to make products for our Evos, so I have to give them props for that.

Anyways, the meet was a little "2F2F" but it was still cool meeting up with everyone. Dohcvtec's and my little run up 101N was fun!!

Hey Toasty-Post those pics!

thank you, at least someone appreciates the effort Weapon R is putting forth. In all honesty it is not all that easy to do research and design on new products.

Nebo

evo_dadi
03-06-2005, 02:52 PM
lol cmon doug just because its not jdm doesnt mean you gonna hate on it ;)

EvoVIII
03-06-2005, 03:43 PM
lol cmon doug just because its not jdm doesnt mean you gonna hate on it ;)
aii I am not hating on it, I just don't see any of there mods make any performance gain to our Evo's

SJCoruja
03-07-2005, 12:36 AM
It was a great day and I had a blast with the evo folks I got to hang out with. Almost got "mowed" down crossing the 2f2f street until I finally got smart and moved my evo on the same side as the free food :)

As for the products, I actually got the engine damper in that day and really love it. Shifting feels alot more solid during "spirited" driving, and the response feels better as well. Leo from Weapon R was awesome to talk to and they actually do have several Evo parts being manufactured now.

toasty
03-07-2005, 10:28 AM
It was a great day and I had a blast with the evo folks I got to hang out with. Almost got "mowed" down crossing the 2f2f street until I finally got smart and moved my evo on the same side as the free food :)

As for the products, I actually got the engine damper in that day and really love it. Shifting feels alot more solid during "spirited" driving, and the response feels better as well. Leo from Weapon R was awesome to talk to and they actually do have several Evo parts being manufactured now.

I came to the somewhat of a meet, was because of the FREE BBQ. :D
As SJCoruja stated, the damn 2F2f runs. Lucky us me I didnt see anybody doing donuts, like sideshow in Oakland. Thanks God, not that I'm a religous person, I'm not.
The only good thing about the meet was talking to the people from this forum, like Kimmi, SjCorja, and some other person I didnt get to know.
As least I'm making new friends, oh yeah !! :P

yf19ex
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM

Your the one I assume who got the damper after me. Nice to meet you. It was good to have some Evo's show up. Yea some rice but some nice done up cars. Like that EK9 with an H22 dumped in it, NSX, Supra etc. A good meet, no smack talking etc.

wilson1
03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
how much are the dampeners going for ?

kimmievo
03-07-2005, 02:47 PM
how much are the dampeners going for ?

I think around $160.00 including installation.

SJCoruja
03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry to bring this back, but does anyone have any pics from that day?

kimmievo
03-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Hey Matt,

check out www.sromagazine.com

There are a few (hundred) pics of the meet...and I remember seeing four or five of your evo in there.

Cheers,

Kim

SJCoruja
03-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Aaahhh...that was it! I totally forgot the address you gave me (gotta love my memory..haha). Last one...who was the guy who took a ton of pics that day from our group though?

SJCoruja
03-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Haha...let this be a lesson to always keep your engine bay at least somewhat clean...you never know when someone is going to start snapping pics...damn this is bad :)

http://www.sromagazine.com/events/albums/wpw-20050306/IMG_2075.jpg

Gotta love the sticky tape residue all over my heat shield...LOL!

kimmievo
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Aaahhh...that was it! I totally forgot the address you gave me (gotta love my memory..haha). Last one...who was the guy who took a ton of pics that day from our group though?

His name is Tinny, screen name: Toasty

SJCoruja
03-21-2005, 04:08 PM
His name is Tinny, screen name: Toasty

Thanks!

dohcvtec
03-21-2005, 04:45 PM
i took a few, but i'm mad lazy and haven't even pulled them off the camera yet :)