PDA

View Full Version : She finally got pulled ova

missred
08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Yup....and what a relief. :lol: I knew that it was bound to happen and it was only a matter of time, although I kinda had hints of what was to come two Fridays ago, so let me tell my story.

Sometime around July 25th a Friday I go about my regular routine after closing the business to pull out my car for the weekend. So I drive the back roads to get to my house thinking that I would get less attention by doing so. I stroll up Davis to go over the overpass and approaching me heading towards the opposite direction was good ol CHP, I honestly didn't think anything of it except the fact he gave me one good stare and drove away. Hahaha.....naive little me thought since I'm on the street he really couldn't do anything to me.

Friday the 1st comes around, I'm pretty stoked to get my baby out to do some work on her and all so i get to my usual routine lock up shop, and go home. Once again I take my usual route home (city street) I go over the overpass and HEY look who I see again it's Mr. Friendly CHP rolling pass me really slow and again taking a really good look at me...I even waved at him and gave him a smile and not thinking anything of it. I enjoyed my weekend putting in the cage and washing her I even reinstalled my front license plate which I had forgotten to install from the last show in Burlingame.

Come Monday morning on August 4th at 6:03am, this time I'm taking my car back to the shop to get her garaged for the week, so I drive up the overpass and decided to get some coffee and smokes at the shell gas station which is on the way to work anyhow, so I drive and right before I make a right turn into the gas station I saw a black and white cruiser on the opposite side of the street make a quick right into the shopping area right by Walmart, I get my stuff and proceed to work again taking the side street I usually take to get to work I cruise down the boulevard listening to the music , preparing myself mentally for work and thinking what a long day I'm gonna have........as I drove pass the Walmart parking lot I see this cruiser racing towards the end of the parking outlet behind me I look up one more time at my rear view mirrors I see a red, blue, and white light.......pause! Ok right now I'm thinking state ref, tint, rollbar, modified exhaust, etc....he walks up to my drivers side window which I had rolled down :lol: and forgot the passenger side windows which are also tinted :lol: he ask for my drivers license and proof of insurance yada, yada, yada, he goes right in front my car walks past my window and looks to the rear of my car then walks back to me and hands me my drivers license and proof of insurance and asked,

officer: Is this car even street legal?

Me: laughing......(I had already told myself in the head I'm dead in the water) respond "Yes it is sir"

Me: So officer why am I getting pulled over?

Officer: Laughs are you kidding me?

Me: (laughing with him) is it my front plates?

Officer: you have your front plates!

Me: O!

Officer: I pulled you over because in the state of California 26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.
(I copied this from the DMV website, like I freakin remember how he had worded it)

Me: O you mean the banner of the local shop I support?

Officer: Ahh yes, listen if I see this vehicle with this obstruction of your view again I am going to cite you, have a good day sir!!!!

Me: :shock:

So all in all I was fortunate, I ended the day by removing all the decals and stickers of my car with the exception of Emperor and now posting this on the boards to share......whooooooooaaaa *sigh* of relief!

EvilEvo86
08-04-2008, 08:25 PM
wow got lucky there paul with all the stuff in your car it would be game over if they asked to pop ur hood hehe :lol:

missred
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
wow got lucky there paul with all the stuff in your car it would be game over if they asked to pop ur hood hehe :lol:

I honestly thought that he was going to have me do it right then and there. Just glad that he didn't ask.

mtsevovii
08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
man i get tailed by cops all day :p even trying to hide behind me thinking i dont see them. not pulling up too close at night so i cant see him from the glare of my brake lights...

but nothing yet...

and my evo is now a garage queen too :lol: got a beater.

SpeedElement
08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
man..you got lucky, real lucky :)

missred
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
man..you got lucky, real lucky :)

AMEN to THAT!!!!

G-Lo408
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice story! Lol I actually pictured everything :lol:

steevo8
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
sounds just like what happened to Paul Langlie

missred
08-04-2008, 09:40 PM
sounds just like what happened to Paul Langlie

yup.

PANGES
08-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Lucky Pauly!! lol. I'm wondering how my car's gonna do if I get my hood popped. Hope I dont have to find out.

SpeedElement
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Lucky Pauly!! lol. I'm wondering how my car's gonna do if I get my hood popped. Hope I dont have to find out.

Knock on wood

player67
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
You laughed with the cop ahhaa thats what me and my friend did when the cop popped my hood and saw my full race headers and all my ARC shit....he let out a nice laugh and out of fear I laughed too oh man....no ticket tho just a no front plate fix it.

Im happy it was just the banner Paul! You got lucky!!!!!!!!

lncrevoviii
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
lucky ass Paul. :lol:

willitas34
08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
lucky :)

...and people thought i was paranoid about CHP :lol: