PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my '05 on Tuesday...

Steiner
02-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Through traffic and pouring rain I made it out to San Rafael on Tuesday night to pick up my white '05 Evo VIII RS. Chris stayed late just so I didn't have to miss work. Killer dude. It's awesome to deal with a sales rep who loves the car you're buying and plans on getting one himself. He knows more about the Evo than me. That's saying something. Most salesguys have no clue.

I'm loving it. Breaking it in tests your patience but it will be worth it I'm sure. On Saturday I'm going to move the gauge cluster to the radio slot and then put in an MP3 player where the gauges used to be. Only thing I don't like about the car is the front windshield ticks, rattles, etc. I read on EvoM that it eventually goes away though. Is that right? Anyways, here's a pic of my SRT-4 and the new Evo. The new owner of the Dodge picks it up on Saturday. I love the Evo but I wish I could keep both. :cry:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Eblackhandclan/SRT_EVO.jpg

wilson1
02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Congrats!

EvoVIII
02-18-2005, 12:59 AM
nICE!!!!!!!! how much OTD?

xchoirboy
02-18-2005, 06:49 AM
congrats...

DRFTR8
02-18-2005, 08:47 AM
welcome on board... you live in san ramon... we should meet up one day, i live near you...

V8KiLL3R
02-18-2005, 08:50 AM
nice it's like my car color :lol: anyways enjoy the car man. now whats the first upgrade?

gOt BoOsT
02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
just call san rafel & tell them you hear the "rattle" they already know about this & will fix it no problem. it only happens on certain cars...thats why they dont mess with it until a customer complains. my mR did the same thing & my buddies 8 didn't?? Chris is a good guy he stayed until 9:00 pm waiting for me to arrive..SAN RAFEL MITSU ROCKS

Steiner
02-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going to try and make the next meet. First upgrade will be stereo. I'm gonna do that this weekend. I'm gonna wait for San Rafael's Evo speedshop to open before I do any performance mods. I'm thinking a cat-back and a flash maybe...just not sure if an ECU flash is something they offer.

just call san rafel & tell them you hear the "rattle" they already know about this & will fix it no problem. it only happens on certain cars...thats why they dont mess with it until a customer complains. my mR did the same thing & my buddies 8 didn't?? Chris is a good guy he stayed until 9:00 pm waiting for me to arrive..SAN RAFEL MITSU ROCKS

OK...so it's something that doesn't go away? I thought I read that it goes away after about 1500 miles. Then again it doesn't seem to be getting any quieter so...

Hey Evo VIII...PM sent

DRFTR8
02-18-2005, 09:47 AM
why dont you meet us this saturday for the BOZZ event... there will be some of the people from the forum going..

kimmievo
02-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Congrats on the purchase!!!!

mrprotocols
02-18-2005, 09:57 AM
nice, cong... you should come out tomorrow =)

dohcvtec
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
werd very nice!

got boost, you finally got that fixed eh? that was annoying as all hell!

Steiner
02-18-2005, 11:04 AM
why dont you meet us this saturday for the BOZZ event... there will be some of the people from the forum going..

Thanks for the offer but on Saturday I have to go to Sacramento to finalize the sale of my SRT-4. It's a PITA but apparently the buyer's credit union won't release to funds unless I'm there in person, with the car, and a loan payoff amount in hand. Very lame. I don't understand why this couldn't all be done by fax, snail mail or email but what are you gonna do. It's gonna feel wierd driving the SRT-4 again. Don't let the SRT-4 guys know I said this :shifty: but even though I have to keep the Evo under 5K RPM's for the next few hundred miles, it's still much funner to drive than my SRT-4 at WOT.

:skid:

SouthernCrane
02-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Enjoy the RS man 8)