PDA

View Full Version : wheels cleaning questions

joeevo
08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I have a black glossy wheel finish... and when ever i cleaned them i get swirls and scratch images(i clean them with new soft cloth)..My questions is do you guys know and or recommend what to use to clean mywheels and how to get rid of the swirls and scratches...?And for some reasons every time i clean them i see new swirls...they're not noticeable but when you look closely it does.
So please your input would be greatly appreciated..thanks.....Would scratch remover work?

ZK
08-08-2008, 04:05 PM
your wheels are painted. You have to care for it like paint... wash, clay and wax them.

Try using Mequir's Scratch-X after you wash the wheels, it is available at a local auto parts store. It is a light polish and is safe to use without much cutting power. I wouldn't use it too often. Seal/wax the wheels afterward to protect them from future damage.

If it is really bad, I'd suggest you look up a detailer to detail your wheels.

SpinOne05
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
It's BLACK, if you breathe on a black car it gets scratched. G/L trying to get brake dust off without some minor swirling.

joeevo
08-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks guys for the input..

Evo Jai
08-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I use one of the Meguiar's wheels cleaners. That stuff works really well.. just be sure to read the label and buy the right one for your wheels. I believe the categories are aluminum, chrome, and manufacturer.

DetailAddict
08-22-2008, 07:27 AM
try paint polish...

to keep clean use all purpose cleaner for regular upkeep... for baked in stuff, use p21s... If your wheel scratch easily, try using p21s + swissvax wheel bursh... Good luck!