PDA

View Full Version : how am i supposed to get my car refereed?..

J_s0 Fresh
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
ok so i called the number to get the appointment set up and i got that message "due to budget crisis blah blah blah" i cant set that appointment up. what do i do guys?..

mtsevovii
08-09-2008, 06:14 PM
youre boned.

J_s0 Fresh
08-09-2008, 06:16 PM
haha thanks man...appreciate it..lol no seriously what do i do?...

smack
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
is there a court listed on the ticket?
i'd go there and ask or see the judge and ask. if you can't have it checked then i would think the judge would have to throw the ticket out.
or delay it indefinitely until the new budget is signed but i don''t see how they could have you hang forever.

J_s0 Fresh
08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
yea thats what i was thinking.. i jus wanted to know what i could do cuz i dont wanna get screwed...feel me?..

awdaddict
08-09-2008, 06:44 PM
yea thats what i was thinking.. i jus wanted to know what i could do cuz i dont wanna get screwed...feel me?..

I think there've been others who got reffed since that executive order taken place.
However, you are the first one that post on here regarding to that issue.

smack
08-09-2008, 06:57 PM

i just wouldn't wait until the last day. i think it plays better with judges if you at least look like you're trying to take care of shit :)

J_s0 Fresh
08-09-2008, 07:37 PM
yea i hella feel you man..i been trying and trying but the automated system takes friggen forever!!! but yea i will call the judge..let him know whats up and play the peoples court theme song in the background

rigd1
08-11-2008, 03:06 PM
If your car is ready for a ref check. Call the courthouse first, ask the rep about what to do. If they draw a blank then talk to the Judge. Since it was a budget issue, they'll probably cut the fine in half and call it done.

If the car isn't ref ready, just pay the fine.

From now till the ref stations open back up, all tickets issued will be straight up fines and/or impound time.

mrjay
08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
I thought if you can't referee a car anymore, your stuck paying the fine? If you got caught with no cat I believe the original fine is $550 ($310 if you have it cleared by a state ref) well thats what I thought it was b/c that's what the judge told me..

deaddawg
09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Just pay THE MAN. I mean really all they want is your money.

mygsx
09-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I got mine in the mail its $509.50 Im also going to setup a court date to see if the judge can lower my fines or dismiss it which i highly doubt will happen.

RREVOVIII
09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I got mine in the mail its $509.50 Im also going to setup a court date to see if the judge can lower my fines or dismiss it which i highly doubt will happen.
if you go and see the Judge your more likely to get a visual check, and if pass he/she will lower your fine...... so be sure to bring the car with you ;)

module unknown
09-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Call CHP. They should be able to help you. They took care of another member on here in the same situation.

It will be a visual check, so you'll still need to remove anything that does not appear stock. If you pass, the ref sticker should get removed and your ticket signed off.

That's how I saw it happen for someone else.

mygsx
09-16-2008, 02:56 AM
Call CHP. They should be able to help you. They took care of another member on here in the same situation.

It will be a visual check, so you'll still need to remove anything that does not appear stock. If you pass, the ref sticker should get removed and your ticket signed off.

That's how I saw it happen for someone else.

Funny it was CHP who popped me also. So then I need to call the CHP office then in San jose?

if you go and see the Judge your more likely to get a visual check, and if pass he/she will lower your fine...... so be sure to bring the car with you ;)

^ Hey Jay you mean the Judge is going to send the local deputy/sheriff there in the facility that day to sign off my car? Whoa :D

mygsx
09-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Well I'll keep you guys posted then in my other thread.

lqdchkn
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
If you can, get get it waved cause all the state ref.'s are closed you should hurry and do so, cause once we get a budget they will likely reopen. Then you'll be forced to put your car back to stock and go. ;)

evoboy05
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Just got a ref ticket as well in fairfield headed westbound. the lady told me to fix what i need to and ask the court for extensions since there is no ref stations open right now due to the budget. She also said not to drive the car unless fixed becuase if she sees me she can impound the car and arrest me. Is that true about both or even just the arrest part? Alot of my friends say just pay the fine since all they want is the money.

PANGES
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Just got a ref ticket as well in fairfield headed westbound. the lady told me to fix what i need to and ask the court for extensions since there is no ref stations open right now due to the budget. She also said not to drive the car unless fixed becuase if she sees me she can impound the car and arrest me. Is that true about both or even just the arrest part? Alot of my friends say just pay the fine since all they want is the money.

I dunno about the arrest and impound part, but you can pretty much just pay the fine and be done with it. However, if you were pulled over in an area where u live and will most likely be spotted again, she'll probally pull u over again just to be a dick and see if you made the changes she asked. Then she'lll probally continue to keep reffing you until you're broke.

evoboy05
09-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah so i've been driving my evo everywhere except the fairfield area, i got pulled over early saturday morning driving home from work at 7 am and wa the only pretty much on the road, so she noticed me and pulled me over.

GsxEcutioner
09-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Sell your car to your friend, wait two months, buy it back, Ref is gone lol, Ref goes away with transfer of title...........according to my friend who has been reff'd lol