PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light comes on...

MadStylez707
02-20-2005, 02:47 AM
okay, so i was driving my evo last week when i noticed my check engine light comes on..i was worried and didn't drive my evo for a few days...i set an appointment to go have it checked in the dealership. Then after a few days, i had to make a quick run to the store and i decided to drive the Evo. CEL was still on,..then all of a sudden it went out!. I was sorta relieved but still worried about possible engine damage. Anyhow, as of right now, the light is still out, but i noticed that my car's acceleration isn't as responsive as it use to be?!...at 1st and 2nd gear, i hear the turbo spool up @ around 3.5k...can anyone tell me if this is normal?? i'm still going to take my car to the dealer this week.BTW, my evo is STOCK everything...

evo_dadi
02-20-2005, 07:50 AM
did you notice anything else happening that you noticed before it went on?since cel could mean a lot of things :wink:

twEeker
02-20-2005, 12:55 PM
Even though it turned off, you should still take it to the dealer. You can never be too safe.

MadStylez707
02-20-2005, 06:54 PM
yeah, i still plan on taken it to the dealer this Wednesday...hopefully they can find something wrong with it...otherwise, i'll still be a little worried if they can't find anything wrong... :(

MadStylez707
02-25-2005, 02:43 AM
did you notice anything else happening that you noticed before it went on?since cel could mean a lot of things :wink:

nope, nothing else weird before the CEL came on...and the dealer today couldn't find anything wrong since they said the codes that the ECU trips got erased when the CEL goes out?!...is that true?

on a better note, they're hooking me up with 2 new yoko advans for the misalignment...all for free!. :peace: