PDA

View Full Version : Fuel problem...

EvoRicer
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
I just replaced the fuel pump a few weeks ago thinking it was the fuel pump...now im not getting any fuel into the injectors, is there anything else that maybe wrong besides the pump?

earlyapex aka jack ass
08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
fuse possibly.

What did you do/what happened when it stopped providing fuel?

EvoRicer
08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
well my younger sister was the one driving it. she said it started stumbling and would occasionally stall. she got to the mall and i went over there to check it out. i was thinking it may have been the fuel pump so i brought the stock evo 8 pump i had lying around (this one is a 9) and i installed it. after the install it wouldnt start at all and would only crank. i took it home to pull the alternator out. took it to autozone and it failed. so i bought a used one with 12k miles (forgot to test) and it still wouldnt start. my dad and i checked spark only on one plug and it sparked. we checked the fuel line and no fuel comes out when we crank the engine. if it's a fuse, is it an inline fuse or at one of the 2 fuse boxes?

nebolic
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
do you have an open air filter in the car or a VTA bov? might not have been any problems at all the with fuel pump. Is the car turning over when you crank it?

if it cranks then most likely a fuse.

nebo

EvoRicer
08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
thanks for the help guys. no i dont have an open air filter or a vta bov.

after running the spark and fuel test i decided to open up the fuel pump again to recheck things since i did the pump in a hurry sort of...turns out, when i replaced the old walbro (had it in the car when it died) with the stock evo 8 pump, i pulled it off too hard and the blue pin from the gray plug got pulled off and was dangling there. well i put the pin back in (wont hold like normal but it shouldnt come back out), then put the pump assembly back on and.........it turned on...so it was installer error...haha. :oops: