PDA

View Full Version : Injector?!!

1WICKED8
08-20-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm picking up some FIC's 1050cc injectors so I can get E85 tuned when there is a station near San Jose....
my question is it going to be a problem to have them installed with my current setup and running a 91 tune?
My Mod's are 269 cams,MBC 22psi, Dp, HFC, Hks catback, gst tune, drop in filter. and a fuel pump.

I hoping I can get them tuned to my car with out a prob then when I go to E-85 just have a re-tune with out no prob.
I'm kinda a noob when it come to all this shit....

TIA...

Tommy

ChuckP
08-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Why not just wait to install the injectors when you go in for the E85 tune?

1WICKED8
08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
there wont be a station in san jose till Dec i think, I do not want to wait that long unless I have to........

joshesh
08-20-2008, 11:43 AM
you should just wait until you have the E85 before you change out injectors, you will need a re-tune on 91 oct or at least a bit of tweaking on your map to run larger injectors. So why get re-tuned 2 times when you only really need it once; and Bryan can clean up the 91 oct map really quick while he is at it.

superfleajq
08-20-2008, 11:55 AM
i believe the only tweaking to your map that will need to be done is the injector scaling. It won't need to be re-tuned. Otherwise, you should be perfectly fine.

1WICKED8
08-20-2008, 12:03 PM
the only reason I would want to be re-tuned or have the injector scaling done before is to see the HP numbers with my current setup with injectors, and what the gain will be with the E-85 setup.
but I understand where your coming from just do it once instead on getting tuned twice basically I would be paying to see what the hp gains will be,
I'll have to think about this..

tommy

steevo8
08-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Umm what's the point of putting in bigger injectors before you need them? You will gain 0 hp unless you completely maxed out your injectors before and Bryan had to back your tune off, so you might as well wait.

joshesh
08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
i believe the only tweaking to your map that will need to be done is the injector scaling. It won't need to be re-tuned. Otherwise, you should be perfectly fine.

Your car will run, but will not pull and be optimized like it was when Bryan last tuned it... so just adjusting injector scaling will done most the job it is not 100% the same as before.

1WICKED8
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
steveo8 my car has not been tuned since I installed the dp and hfc, so installing injectors wont gain any hp I don't believe that... when bryan told to get a dp hfc and injectors that would put me close to my 300awhp mark...
that is why I would want to see the hp gain from now till I go E85.

tommy

joshesh
08-20-2008, 10:42 PM
DP and HFC may have some gains, but Injectors are not going to do anything but make your car run safer.

steevo8
08-20-2008, 11:07 PM
steveo8 my car has not been tuned since I installed the dp and hfc, so installing injectors wont gain any hp I don't believe that... when bryan told to get a dp hfc and injectors that would put me close to my 300awhp mark...
that is why I would want to see the hp gain from now till I go E85.

tommy

exactly what Josh said.. I was under the impression you only changed the injectors and nothing else. Injectors them selves will have absolutely no effect on power unless your maxing them out.

1WICKED8
08-20-2008, 11:22 PM
ok I got ya thats why I put this post up to learn

thanks to all you

tommy

earlyapex aka jack ass
08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Since E85 is such a different fuel, it really needs to be tuned at 100% without any dilution from any other fuel.

I can do a pump gas cleanup tune and then tune for E85 same day but either the tank needs to be drained between the two or it needs to be burned off.

joshesh
08-20-2008, 11:57 PM
I can do a pump gas cleanup tune and then tune for E85 same day but either the tank needs to be drained between the two or it needs to be burned off.

Can you just run the car till it dies on empty? Just a thought so we wouldnt have to drain the tank.

earlyapex aka jack ass
08-21-2008, 01:07 AM

Can you just run the car till it dies on empty? Just a thought so we wouldnt have to drain the tank.

I wouldn't let it die, after E works fine.

Draining the tank is 1 bolt