PDA

View Full Version : CVC 5200, 27150, 27156

cloudx71
08-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I just got a ticket :(. Anyway the three are no front plate, modified intake even though mine has a carb number ( he couldnt see it ), and lastly the loud muffler. I was just wondering if i got this ticket signed off I could just go to any cop per say correct? I think zip tying the front plate on would be enough, and since I do have a Carb number for the intake I am set, but for the exhaust that would be a little more tricky since I do not have the stock catback on me. Anyway once I get the tickets signed off I just have to pay a lesser fine correct? Can I just mail this in with the notice I will be receiving in the mail? Thanks.

mtsevovii
08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
zip tie wont pass, intake good luck, and muffler you better find a way to change it.

cloudx71
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
What would pass for the front plate? Oh its a AEM intake so it had the carb number it was just blocked by a piece of plastic so he couldnt see it. If i switched my exhaust for stock would a normal everyday cop be able to sign it off?

mygsx
08-31-2008, 01:21 AM
did the cop put state ref on your ticket? that s what the crappy CHP wrote on my ticket after the cvc violations then "state ref" written after. Also if he put some kind of smog state ref sticker anywhere there on the back of your ticket the 1-800-xxxx is going to give you a message saying that the program has been cut or something around that theme. :x

cloudx71
08-31-2008, 02:14 AM
Nope to the state ref, I brought up that they are closed and he told me to take it to any CHP office and that they should be able to cover it. I just was wondering if anyone knew if ANY cop would be good enough to sign it off? No need to drive to san jose just to get a ticket signed.

PANGES
08-31-2008, 02:57 AM
^ Pretty sure any cop can sign it. I got ticked for exhaust in Burlingame and had it sighed off in South San Francisco before.

Lurk
09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Nope to the state ref, I brought up that they are closed and he told me to take it to any CHP office and that they should be able to cover it. I just was wondering if anyone knew if ANY cop would be good enough to sign it off? No need to drive to san jose just to get a ticket signed.

Any cop can sign off a fix it ticket.

cloudx71
09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
yeps, I got the intake and exhaust signed off but he said zip ties would not be good enough for front plate :(. Anyway I guess I will buy the stock bracket and just put it on for less attention. Thanks guys!