PDA

View Full Version : evo against the world!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

evo_dadi
02-04-2004, 08:52 AM
as per request you can post any event that you have participated or any race that you did.we dont condone street racing but if you do just be careful and keep places undisclosed.and please no flaming or put down to any members,if you do have anything to say to a member just use pm.

JanSolo
02-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Check it - I raced a Geo Metro last night. We both pulled up to a red light and he was revving at me like I was a fool or something. So, I revved my car to 7800rpm and then dropped my clutch. I smoked that fool so hard! I was up to 100mph before I even got into 2nd gear. He finally caught up to me this morning and we pulled over and talked for a while. His girlfriend was so pissed at this guy for losing that she dumped him right there on the spot and invited me back to her mansion in Los Gatos. So I am typing this up at her place right now.. I'm a little tired of course from having sex with her, her twin sister and her mom at the same time.

Next on the list of kills - the elsuive supercar known as the Hyundai Elantra.

nebolic
02-04-2004, 10:02 AM
hahahaah damn that sounds like a story straight from Playboy magazine.

P.S Isnt there a Hyundai powered by a 4G63 smoking a lot of fools down in L.A

ytsejam
02-04-2004, 10:58 AM
damn i got a hard on reading jansolo kill story.
7800rpm clutch dump.

wilson1
02-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Check it - I raced a Geo Metro last night. We both pulled up to a red light and he was revving at me like I was a fool or something. So, I revved my car to 7800rpm and then dropped my clutch. I smoked that fool so hard! I was up to 100mph before I even got into 2nd gear. He finally caught up to me this morning and we pulled over and talked for a while. His girlfriend was so pissed at this guy for losing that she dumped him right there on the spot and invited me back to her mansion in Los Gatos. So I am typing this up at her place right now.. I'm a little tired of course from having sex with her, her twin sister and her mom at the same time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

chris
02-04-2004, 12:38 PM
:lol: fosho. and you didn't get all this on tape?

vtluu
02-04-2004, 01:12 PM
Oh, the shame! (http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/2004/Championship/round1.html#as) Beaten by 3 STis! :oops:

I shall endeavour to better represent the Evo and NorCalEvo.net next time. :poke:

JanSolo
02-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Next time, I will be sure to tape it for all to see. Especially the part with me, the twins and their mom.

Anyhow, I just read a story about a kid in a Mustang who raced a kid in a Tiburon and ended up dying (http://beta.kpix.com/news/local/2004/02/04/Teenager_Killed_in_Apparent_Drag_Race.html).

http://beta.kpix.com/news/images/crime/vehicle/oakleycrash.jpg

chris
02-04-2004, 04:07 PM
saw that a quick snapshot on the news but didn't get to hear the whole story. pretty sad.

thomas
02-04-2004, 06:13 PM
damn i got a hard on reading jansolo kill story.
7800rpm clutch dump.

LOL, WTF!!! thats hilarious...for a minute there, reading that story, i thought it was true...until the bs came along! haha. :shock:

evo-dadi--dont kno if the last sentence of your post was toward me, but i hear you. i wanna keep this forum as a place for evo owners to share knowledge and experiences with and maintain the friendly atmosphere. word.

keep up the good work mods.

that crash is too bad. what did the mustang have to prove to the tiburon? rhetorical question, no answer required nor is this a riddle...sad.

evo_dadi
02-08-2004, 08:08 PM
didnt mean to trample on anyone's feet here byt just trying to get things smoothed out.but it mainly goes to everybody on this board.

as for kills cmon guys keep it coming!! im pretty sure you guys are either being challenged or owning somebody there with your evo so post it up.

thomas
02-08-2004, 08:57 PM
y'kno, i havent really been "up" against anyone lately...

but ill tell you one thing...i feel much more confident knowing i have something "special" under my hood :wink: instead of being stock...well pretty much stock.

chris
02-08-2004, 09:09 PM
SRT4 looked tempting yesterday but didn't want to go at it. one cuz i didn't want to look like an idiot cuz he was modded thats all i know and i was stock. and the other cuz my gf, and plus i was gonna u-turn to go to the supermarket lol

BluEvo
02-09-2004, 01:20 AM
mannnn...after my wife saw that take on that mustang crash, she had asked me keep it cool on the streets. being the respectful husband that i am, i will do that. but common, when it's up against a car worthy of the kill (or not, who knows), it's pretty damn hard to resist. can anyone relate?! i mean if i get an obnoxious rev happy subawho wrx, don't cha wanna just spank that ass?! i know i shouldn't but it's gotta be done. u know, take out the trash....lolz. i gots love for my homies who role subarus. just not the ones who are a-holes in the streets.

evo_dadi
02-09-2004, 06:40 AM
i feel you there man but mine's kinda different,i can resist those ricer bastards no problem since i got the kids with me a lot. but she's more concerned about canyon driving and always tells me to slow down which i do ;)

BluEvo
02-09-2004, 11:23 AM
i feel you there man but mine's kinda different,i can resist those ricer bastards no problem since i got the kids with me a lot. but she's more concerned about canyon driving and always tells me to slow down which i do ;)

yeah, slow down to about 100mph......haha! when it goes, it just goes....

jomama
02-09-2004, 11:36 AM
does this just happen to me or do you guys get revved on by cars, trucks (modded or stock it doen't matter) in stop n go traffic? WHY? it's not like we can do anything. i'm just sitting there and as these cars/trucks pass me, they give it a little extra gas and i'm like wow that was unnecessary.

i don't know what these cars/trucks have to prove. i know they know what evos are capable of doing. i try so hard to hold my composure but sometimes people are just asking to get ripped on. if i'm gonna risk getting a ticket i would rather have it be against something worth while, like the brand new viper i saw yesterday on capital expressway. yeah right, i hid behind my girlfriend's exterra while the viper was in front of her. didn't want to take a chance with that monster.

anyways, to my evo brothers - be safe out there and choose your battles wisely!

evo_dadi
02-09-2004, 01:34 PM
aww cmon jo you should have at least let the viper know whats up ;) make him think evos' are not to be taken lightly.you smoke him big ups,he smokes you no biggie since you made him think a 30k car can keep up with a 90k somewhat.

GReddy_917
02-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Jan - good story man!!

I smoked a 94 Accord with indiglo guages and no muffler the other day....of course I was WALKING to my Evo at the time.

BluEvo
02-09-2004, 01:49 PM
ripp 'em all up! :wink: .....just playin. some ppl r just not worth it. once and a while i head up to Stockton to visit friends/family and on 580w going to 205 i sometimes see the vette club rolling up. some pretty phat vettes. they cruise at about 70mph in the middle lane. i'm moving about 80-90 with the traffic - while passing by, i always throw up a peace to all of them. with much respect they throw 'em back up to me. now that right there is good sportsmanship between 2 worlds apart. :D

chris
02-10-2004, 08:39 AM
yeah u know that was good =D yesterday i was driving home a v8 gmc truck cut me off so i was just went around him and said hey whatsup with that. actually it was merging so i was like ok ill speed up to go pass him then he speed up more than cut close.

so while on the freeway i was just minding my own business driving home. he pulls up next and gas it to race me. so i was like i guess.. so he guns it so hard i could her his rev limiter bouncing. i guess you would know who won lol. picked on me 3 times 2/3 i race to to shut him up. 3rd i was like nah dude i don't want to waste my gas lol.

blitzkrgCT9A
02-11-2004, 09:56 AM
after got ticketed for tailgating (actually it was supposed to be a speeding ticket), I am controlling myself not to get lured into speeding contests. hahahaha :)

evofan0717
02-11-2004, 11:37 AM

DUDE, WHERE WAS YOUR WIFE?!!?!?!? :shock:

chris
02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
manage toi!!! lol

JanSolo
02-11-2004, 03:13 PM

Someone had to video tape it. ;)

chris
02-13-2004, 08:41 AM
lol... hes saying he always have fun with her. he wants to try somebody else haha =X

evofan0717
02-18-2004, 11:48 AM

Someone had to video tape it. ;)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :drool: :worthy: :bow: :drool:

CollinsT
03-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Jan - good story man!!

I smoked a 94 Accord with indiglo guages and no muffler the other day....of course I was WALKING to my Evo at the time.

Holy hell now that is some funny stuff. I am rev happy all the time. If someone wants race me, hell I will give some nice evo 8 exhaust for their intakes. Hell I had a damn minivan rev on me. I was like "ahahah ok". Alot of the time people just want me to race them just to see how bad they will get killed, for instance I had a Civic come up to me and say "HYe lets race." I said "Are you kidding!" Basically he said that he was interested in how much faster the evo is than his Civic. I gave it to him then slowed down, he rolled by me with a thumbs up and a smile.

TheJANG
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Yesterday on the way home I was on a 2-lane (each way) highway cruising along in the left lane at 60 (55 zone and I've had my share of tickets, thanks). I see familiar lights coming up behind me from a distance. 'Tegra. He pulls up to my rear bumper and just sticks there as we pass slower & merging traffic. We start to approach a break in the right-lane traffic, and he backs off 3-4 carlengths. He times it just right and punches the throttle so as to just be able to slip around and past me to the right, pulling hard.

Well, at least that was his plan. Unfortunately for him, as he dove into the right lane with not an inch to spare and as much momentum as he could possibly muster, I pulled some lever-thingy straight back and pushed it straight forward, and then pushed this pedal-thingy on the floor straight down. By the time the 'Tegra's nose reached my b-pillar, he was moving backwards. I backed off about 3 seconds later. He caught up about 7 seconds later and cut across the front of me & kept going. I bet he thought I had topped out, and that he smoked me after an anomalous start :roll:

DB8GSR
03-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Haven't had any other encounters since the race I posted with the '04 SRT-4

evo_dadi
03-03-2004, 08:27 AM
lol you got them quiet for a while ray ;) but i know a lot of srtguys whoe gives props to the evo its just the usual immature drivers that gives car owners a bad rep.

chris
03-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Haven't had any other encounters since the race I posted with the '04 SRT-4

because ray. your car looks ninja black dangerous like me and jan rofl

DB8GSR
03-03-2004, 09:09 AM
LoL!! Looks like the SRT owner will go for the Stage 2 kit that Mopar has available for that car. I guess I got him pretty good that he's actually skipping Stage 1. :twisted: :peace:

BluEvo
03-03-2004, 01:41 PM
:box: stage 2, i guess he's going for a knock-out punch! lolz

Dogtown
03-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Woot!! Got my first kill tonight, though I guess it wasn't much of a challenge. I had this Black Jetta with a bunch of Decals (so it must have been fast :lol: ) start coming up right next to me on the freeway and reving. So when he took off I dropped into forth and flew by him. Then he came up again and starts counting 3,2, and takes off at 2 I still fly by him. After that he quit pulling up. Like I said not much of a challenge, but pretty damn funny.

Airgiod
03-10-2004, 07:36 AM
no body wants to play with me!! :( (:D)

uhoh_evo
03-10-2004, 09:42 AM
no body wants to play with me!! :( (:D)

oh man...i get tempted so much and it sucks because im a youngin and can't afford gettin caught, but it's so hard to stay away sometimes. :( it's funny though what type of cars rev on me: pickup trucks, ugly beater cars, etc. :roll: Of course i get the usual roushes and ss's, too. i went at it w/ an sl500 on a freeway match cuz lil punk ass forced his way in front of me talkin on his cell with shades smilin at me. i heard he should have beat me, but i took super control of my car :skid: and i just know i ended up in front! :nanaL

xchoirboy
03-10-2004, 10:49 AM
saw a guy in a shelby the other day. there's a little bit of a clearing in front of him (2 laner) so i guess he floors it. i give chase and stay with him (man that thing sounds mean). i hadn't planned on really messing with him (had the kids in the car) but couldn't resist a trip into the red zone :twisted: . he gets in the left hand turn lane and we both look over at each others car. he says "thats a cool car" and i acknowledge that's a sweet ride. :P 8) :P kinda of nice to have mutal respect.

TheJANG
03-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Had an encounter with an M5 today. He kept me from getting to the lane I needed to be in to get on the freeway, launching up to the bumper of the car in front of him as I casually strolled over, so I launched out around that car. The freeway onramp had 2 lanes (both of which occupied) and the M5 easily got around the car that separated us. We merged safely and both punched it off into the next lane. He didn't get the best launch and I got a great one, and I pulled him by about 2 1/2 carlengths until I hit my magical mental speed limiter (70 :( ). He pulled up beside me slowly and we both shot props off at eachother.

Never in my life thought I'd have a car that could do anything but be utterly destroyed by an M5

:peewee:

GokuSSJ4
03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
the only problem with having an Evo is that also every one thinks you want to race them . You can not pass some one with out having them trying to follow you thinking that you want to race .
The day coming from the track i encounter an STi on the freeway and i pass him and change lanes , well he tough we were racing and decide to step on it . As soon as he hit traffic he decided to put his emergy lights ... ROFL some people dont learn that is not cool to try to race some one and worst with traffic....:yikes:

uhoh_evo
03-10-2004, 11:29 AM
the only problem with having an Evo is that also every one thinks you want to race them . You can not pass some one with out having them trying to follow you thinking that you want to race

exactly. i'll be in one going with the flow of traffic in one lane and maybe my lane goes faster, but as soon as the cars with big gaps in front of them see me they speed up thinking i might cut them off. i'm a pretty curteous driver but i doubt having an evo gives off that impression :lol:

evo_dadi
03-10-2004, 02:24 PM
went to go drop off my daughter to school today and got stuck behind a bus who was dropping off a passenger. and an integra passed me by on the left lane and revved the crap out of his riced integra,everybody got all surprised thinking wth was wrong with him.i guess even if i was behind a bus im still too fast for him :nanaL :skid:

nebolic
03-10-2004, 02:27 PM
did it sound like rrrarrrrrrrrrrr pewk rrrrarrrr pewk pewk pewk. and then boooommm. hhahha

just kidding (maybe he was trying to cook up some rice in his rice burner integra for breakfast)

evo_dadi
03-10-2004, 02:31 PM
lol i wouldnt doubt it,wonder what was his girl telling him after he did that.probably just ended up cooking his oil for breakfast. .:)

leaveit2bevo
03-12-2004, 01:15 AM
see norcalevo has a kill thread but we dont whats up with that?

evo_dadi
03-12-2004, 01:17 AM

well its post on your own risk :wink:

JanSolo
03-12-2004, 09:01 AM

That's because SoCalEvo.net SUCKS and is run by a bunch of conservative wusses.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/norcalrules.jpg

leaveit2bevo
03-12-2004, 12:57 PM

That's because SoCalEvo.net SUCKS and is run by a bunch of conservative wusses.

http://www.jansolo.org/images/norcalrules.jpg

HAHHAHAHAA thats the greatest thing ever!!!! But we know that all the homos live in Norcal.

evo_dadi
03-12-2004, 01:32 PM
we may have san francisco but you guys have hollywood which is about the same :) :nanaL

evo_dadi
03-13-2004, 01:15 PM
not exactly a kill but me and my buddies decided to hit up the local hang out for racers and ricers,and to meet up some of my friends there also.but it got cut short when we got there and the cops was dispersing the crowd already so we decided to go to the next spot.and it just happened to be a coincedence that we rolled with the wrx/srt4/gsx-t/dsm crowd. so when we got to the next spot which was full of ricers already,all eyes were on our caravan consisting of turbo cars and all of us parked on one side of the lot. we even saw some guys videotaping us and taking pics and nobody even dared revving on us while just chilling it. i guess they actually knew that messing with us will just end in a world of butt kicking ;)

GokuSSJ4
03-14-2004, 11:50 PM
funny thing , that now with the Evo i keep getting challenges from Corvettes .....

chris
03-17-2004, 02:59 PM
why haven't i got those. lol

uhoh_evo
03-18-2004, 12:13 PM
why haven't i got those. lol
i haven't either, but last nite after sac, i was rollin w/ an SS and a Saleen, a z06 was revvin while we were grabbin snacks and chillin, my friend tino in the saleen revved back and so the z06 came over and requested a challenge with the saleen. it was: saleen, dumb semi, z06, me, and ss and once we got on the onramp for 99 south (i think), the z06 took off dumbfast. i was in mid downshift so it was like pullin super hard, on me at least. it was two lane and there was more traffic than we thought there would be so it was just back and forth so i guess the z06 got annoyed and just exited. then us three went at it. the saleen went up against the ss and saleen would pull a little then i raced the ss. i always started in 4th around 5k and we would stay even for a while until i shifted......then he pulled hard (he got an automatic). if i started around 4k then i would be just slightly in front, but again once i shift, he pulls. low in gas so no point in trying to race the saleen either, but it was fun. my highlight of the nite :twisted:

GReddy_917
03-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Two nights ago on hwy 280 heading north a brand new Acura TL picked a fight with my Evo.

Crusing @ about 70mph I was heading north on 280(in fast lane)...passing by Foothill College. I notice a car pull over from the fast lane to the lane next to it about 20 car lengths in front of me. I continue on as usual and notice that this guy is slowing down to get next to me....soon I saw that it was a brand new TL....ooooo...I was almost impressed.

Now Ive fully caught up to him and still maintaining my speed of 70mph. Our cars are side by side perfectly even and I look out my pass window....I see the TL dip sharply and start to accellerate (its ON now)...so I give it *some* gas and catch up to him about 1/2 car away...also I think he slowed since it didnt really seem like I was into it. Now, we are even again and going 70 still. I look again and he steps on it...the TL takes off crouching down hard and accellerating away from me....hes about 1 car in front of me when I dump it and I quickly catch up and pass him (still accellerating)....in the end I beat him by 3 car lengths and let off the gas...he drove by and we both threw up the "peace."

I was pulling on him very easily and had I completely thrown caution to the wind the Evo would have left him completley.

FYI this was late at night and the freeway was empty.

BluEvo
03-29-2004, 03:38 PM
okay, so this is not a worthy kill, but i could stand this guy any longer. i was on my way home when this civic h/b all tricked out for drag gauges everywhere and all) was passin by me rev'n it up. of course i just ignored it. we slow to a light and he gets in the far 3rd lane, so i'm like okay he doesn't want none. light turn green and he lets it rip (tires screeching and all). so i cruise on down and meet him at the next light. by now i am annoyed. so i'm looking over to ask him if he was sure he wanted to do this. but he is so busy getting ready, ex: pulling on his seat belt, adjusting his tach, and staging his rev. inside i was saying to myself "this guy thinks he's frickin Brian Spillner!"
ligh turns green and i let him jump out first and i drop in on him. of course you all know how this ends. i think i was like 4-5 cars out after i shifted from 2nd to neutral and coasted. busted a u and went home.
like i said, not a worthy kill, but it's like a fly buzzing around you that you have to kill :twisted:

nebolic
03-30-2004, 01:11 AM
heres an excellet kill.

I was on my way to the meet at D&B's today. So i'm cruising along on 85 when i see a pair of hids get into my lane and speed up hella fast. It pulls behind me but the exit to 237 is coming up so i switch lanes to the furthest right hand lane ready to exit, this porsche carrera 4s convertible zooms past me, get into my lane in front of me and slams on his brakes. Me slam on brakes too (thank god for ABS). So i'm like okie this mofo wants to play.

We enter into the connector ramp from 85 to 237 first turn he goes pretty slow i'm on his a$$ then just as the last turn comes up, i hear him downshift and rev so i downshit and rev too and he just opens up his porchse. I punch it too... we're taking the last turn on the connector ramp between 85 and 237 and i'm still on his a$$ (sniff sniff eww it stinks) then he shifts into a higher gear and i shift too, the whole time i hear his engine braaaaaaaaaaa, however i'm still on his a$$ then i switch the the left lane and i"m still flooring my Evo then my Evo slowly pulls on him, i get next to him, and my brother and I both waved to that guy and dude was he pissed, then my Evo keeps pulling (i cant say what speed but i'm in triple digits) and we wave good bye to that mofo. muhaaaaaaaa the look on that guys face is priceless.

He had a brand new porchse carrera 4s convertible with no plates and some 20inch rims (cuz his plate holder had a tag that said DUBS) and the rims was black but i dont know what kind of rims. Anyhow, that $hit was funny just cause homeboy drives a $90k car which cost 3 times as mine, but yet i walked his a$$. The look on his face is just priceless.

:skid:

Peace out,
another one for NorcalEvo.

P.S. I am more and more impressed by my Evo each day, granted the porchse was not turbo'ed but still, its a porsche.

Nebo

Never underestimate the Evo, i have still yet to push my Evo to its limits.

Airgiod
03-30-2004, 03:12 AM
not a kill story but starting a new thread for this is not nessasary.

just one more reason I love this car..I'm cruising back from LA sunday afternoon and I hit the Grapevine, I'm 2-3 hours behind my friends and wanting to close the gap as much as possible so I'm pushing it...now with my old 96 gmc truck the Grapevine was always a string of downshift to power up the hills, up shift near the top, downshift to for the next decent. with my Evo the only time i downshifted was when i wanted a quick busrt of speed to thread a small gap between cars...it was great 80-100 the whole time like it was flat land :D

GReddy_917
03-30-2004, 09:40 PM
by now i am annoyed. so i'm looking over to ask him if he was sure he wanted to do this. but he is so busy getting ready, ex: pulling on his seat belt, adjusting his tach, and staging his rev. inside i was saying to myself "this guy thinks he's frickin Brian Spillner!"

LOL :brawl:

evo_dadi
03-31-2004, 12:27 AM
had one today but it was on my wife's ml320,this integra cuts me off after dropping my daughter to school while i was turning to the right lane.so we ended up next to each other on the stoplight and saw his car was trashy inside and most of the interior gone,he saw me looking at him also and he started revving his car. well light turned green as expected he took off but slowed down when he noticed i didnt bite on to this game.he did this to the next 2 stoplights trying to get me to run him but when i saw the last stoplight going to the freeway i was like"oh well let me try how's this gonna go".light turned and he started pelling off while all i had to do was floor it and i got ahead right away from him about a car length but then wy the time i merged to the freeway i was already going at a good 85-90 mph so i decided to let it go but here he comes starts riding behind me but this time i just cruised it on 65 till he got tired of it.

crapsstickman
05-03-2004, 03:26 PM
I got a story for a while ago... And it goes a little somethin' like this...

So i pull up to a stop light right before the onramp to a freeway. Lanes were packed except the right lane which had a red z06. I pulled in back of him. When trhe light went green he took off like a bat out of hell! I said, "Why not?" So I took off after him. He saw me and then it was on. He took off again and I kept up. The freeway was crowded and lane changes was kinda difficult (escpecially when the speed got to over 130) but I managed to get infront of him. He got pissed and took the shoulder. we continued this charade for a good 6 miles. Thats when my exit came up...

Suprisingly he, at the last minute, followed me off the exit. He pulls upto the light and calls out, "what do you got in there?" I replied, "It's just a four banger, what about yours?" Needless to say he was very impressed. So I gave the EVO a good name to be respected by all.

vtluu
05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
So I gave the EVO a good name
By racing on a crowded freeway? :roll:

BluEvo
05-03-2004, 05:28 PM
vette :nebolic: lols

EvoVIII
05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
da hell u got under ur hood? my car hardly go over 110..............

Black_EVO
05-03-2004, 10:45 PM
hmmmm... I took mine to 120 2 weeks ago with room to go. Something to research :idea:

uhoh_evo
05-04-2004, 08:26 AM
da hell u got under ur hood? my car hardly go over 110..............
You might wanna take yer car back for being faulty or something because when i was only at like 800 or so miles i hit 140 and a little over a month or so ago i went 145....

Both times i slowed down knowing i still had more speed i could utilize, but i got popo paranoid :paranoid: :cop:

EvoVIII
05-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Rapped a freaking Loud ass honda with a ugly ass elcipes GSX and a track lookin Mazada Miata then a Saturn bitch chasing me down the road while my fukin psssssssh pis da fuck out of her, 4 car in 1 minute , WHY NOT?

nebolic
05-31-2004, 05:33 PM
2 Kills today!!!!! :D

On my way to a BBQ, just as I was approaching the BBQ site on the freeway, I see a red car with a big spoiler on it, car looks flat, so I assumed it was an Exotic and yes indeedy it was. Lotus Esprit V8, downshifted to 4th gear and almost kissed his bumper, the freeway then made a huge left bender, I took him on the right, and gunned it. Bye bye Lotus.

Woo this ones the good one, on my way home, I see a Ferrari 355 spyder and a brand new Porsche Carrera 4CS coupe. I gun it to catch up, the Ferrari is on the right lane, I'm in the middle and the Porcshe is in front of me in the middle lane. I look over to the Ferrari and the driver points at the Porcshe, so okie, I'll take the Porsche first then take the Ferrari. I pull up next to the Porcshe and let my BOV vent a little, dude would not look over, kept next to him for a good 3-4 mins but the whole time he didn't want none.

So I pulled into the right lane and slowed down to like 50 miles an hour waiting for the Ferrari to catch up.

At this point, I turn off my A/C, turned the intercooler spray on, turned off my radio. The Ferrari pulls up, doesn't look at me, I vent my BOV a few times, still doesn't look at me. Then he glances at me, points his finger 3 times, and downshifts, all I hear is the Ferrari engine roar, sweetest sound I've ever heard.

So I noticed the slight hesitation when the Ferrari downshifts, so I prepare myself. "I was thinking should I go down to 3rd gear or 4th gear" I decided to go down to 3rd gear to play it safe, so I clutched in, rev matched and shifted to 3rd and gun it, the Ferrari gets a little jump on me, but I gun it to redline in 3rd gear, RPM hits 7400, quick shift to 4th and keep gunning, by this time I've caught up to the Ferrari and passing him, he's still gunning, we both find open road, I hit up the carpool lane and the Ferrari hits up the right lane, no cars in front of us and we both are gunning it, I'm ahead and finally shifted to fifth gear, still gunned it for about 10 seconds more then let go of the gas, the Ferrari sees my tail lights. Ferrari 355 = OWNED by Evo.

I had a witness in the car for both kills.

Ytsejam is my witness.

:twisted:

Nebo

P.S My power mod for the month which was purchased today is the WORKS GRAB shift knob. :lol:

ytsejam
05-31-2004, 06:12 PM
both were good runs, they really tried.
ferrari tried to pull away on a curved exit ramp, but we were there with him.

i was sleeping most of the time, but those runs woke me up good.

evo_dadi
05-31-2004, 06:13 PM
lol woot woot you need some kill stripes mang ;)

vtluu
05-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Careful out there, I drove around a bit today and saw 3-4 CHPs on the prowl...

VadersSTi
06-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Nice Kills Eddie(NeBolic).... Just be safe. :)

SilverBullet
06-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Very nice kill .... (Ferrari 355)

JanSolo
06-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Crazy Eddie and his freeway racing skills!

Just think what you would do with more power - not just a cat back and a P2. ;) Time to save up for that turbo kit!

EvoVIII
06-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Tonight on my way home :D got off at 92 Jackson street exit at 880 , on the red light raced a Honda CBR Bike 600CC 2000+ model, went all the way to red line on first 3 gears but I still lost.. sigh..... Am I suppose to loose? coz I got up to 80-90mph on Local but I still lost like 2 car lenght, I just couldn't keep da fuk up with the bike and he keep pulling away from me damn it... How many HP do I need to keep up with a bike? how fast are those things? 600CC's

JanSolo
06-27-2004, 11:44 PM
I had 3 different Hondas try to race me today. *sigh* Not like I race on the streets, but if I did, I would not waste gas on Hondas with spinners and a coffee can exhaust.

EvoVIII
06-27-2004, 11:51 PM
errrrrrr I race a Honda Motorcycle.... not civics with flamethrower exhaust......... u think I would race a civic?? plzzz read carefully!!

JanSolo
06-27-2004, 11:55 PM
errrrrrr I race a Honda Motorcycle.... not civics.........

But the Civics would be so much easier for you to beat. ;)

EvoVIII
06-27-2004, 11:58 PM
errrrrrr I race a Honda Motorcycle.... not civics.........

But the Civics would be so much easier for you to beat. ;)
then I don't need to get a Evo if I want a Civic beater, I want to have some challenge with my Evo, I have beat S55, E46 M3, WS6, S4 and shit load of Mustangs and Camaros, I want to race something faster, like Bikes and other high end supercars, thats what my Evo is for man

evo_dadi
06-28-2004, 01:56 AM
cant win with a bike man specially if the guy knows what he's doing and is ready to go race. try racing a gixxer or hayabusa that should be fun ;)

EVO GRIM
06-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Horsepower to weight ratio was slightly in the bikes favor. Allthough the awd cars are catchin up to the bikes in 0-60 because the bikes won't stay on the ground. Used to be the fastest bike was twice as fast as the fastest car.

nebolic
06-28-2004, 07:14 AM
if you're racing a 600cc bike, from 0-100mph you can't win. However, if you kept up long enough, you would've crept up on him eventually. But it'd take a while. Anything above 600cc, don't even try, they'll smoke you like no other, even if they're popping wheelies off the line theres no way you can win against a bike. (Sport bikes i'm talking about).

I guess if you really want to win against a motorcycle, you'd have to run low, low 12's or high 11's in the quarter mile to keep up. Thats with a bike rider being average. So basically you'll have to do the math, to smoke a motorcycle, you'd have to hit low 11's in the quarter mile, you'd probably need 400+whp in the Evo to do that, not to mention a nice clutch.

Good luck :)

When you think you're ready to take a bike again, let me know. I'll bust out a 600cc for you to test it out.

Nebo

evo_dadi
06-28-2004, 04:25 PM
*sniff sniff* do i smell a challenge ;)

EvoVIII
06-30-2004, 09:31 AM
once I get the 3037S or Greddy 20G, I will smoke the 600'cc , I am close to catching that bike, only about 2 car lenghts to go, too bad I don't have VP 103Oct on my tank at that time, coz that shop ran out of race gas!!!!! other wise I could have switch map and get maybe a car lenght closer, but if there is a porsche 911 or Lotus and stuff like that , they might be history :twisted:

chris
07-18-2004, 01:03 AM
we were at a red light, one of the z06 buddies driving a truck told me to move in back of the z06 cuz he said the z06 wanted to run me. the truck friend said the z06 guy said "he'll smoke "LANCERS" like anyday. so i gave it a try from a roll, and i got smoked by modded Z06 =( although i knew i was going to lose from a roll even if it was at a stop. it seemed like i held on behind him until i hit 4th, he just went like 2-3 cars ahead of me =*(

figure i only have a cat-back,marcel's ground kit, and a bov. doh ill lose =P but hey its worth a try. just gets me more anxious to buy mods.

vtluu
07-18-2004, 01:07 AM
:dumas:

evo_dadi
07-18-2004, 06:51 AM
definitely more mods chris ;) you should have told him also going from a dig :)

EvoVIII
07-18-2004, 08:41 AM
yeah more mods, otherwise try racing him down hill since you car should be heavier, the weight will pull ur car down the hill faster

vtluu
07-18-2004, 09:52 AM
try racing him down hill since you car should be heavier, the weight will pull ur car down the hill faster
Failed high-school physics, did we? :P Galileo proved you wrong 400 years ago. (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/pisa/galileo.html)

evo_dadi
07-18-2004, 11:11 AM
lmao!!!

chris
07-18-2004, 03:12 PM
smart remarks. sometimes tam you're just too smart aren't ya?

EvoVIII
07-19-2004, 04:49 AM
man, maybe I could be wrong, but cannonball is a dead thing, it doesn't have HP/weight Ratios, I am sure there would be some difference, it might not be much but 0.1sec is better then nothing :wink:

vtluu
07-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Mass is mass, the laws of physics don't apply any differently to your Evo. What has a better HP/weight ratio? Z06. Which one has less air resistance? Z06. Don't forget that air resistance goes up with the square of your speed. So at higher speeds the Evo will have a significantly greater workload pushing through air than a Z06, and less power to do it with. Is the result anything less than obvious?

EvoVIII
07-19-2004, 09:57 AM
well I don't know, coz I never take any physics b4 and I ain't smart at school, all I know is that I will have a bigger chance of winning going down hill since the car will Accelerate faster and should have less resistence? and with the AWD, the car should be going in and out faster and more stable on corners so beatin a z06 on a downhill should be little bigger? or maybe I watch too much inital D and saw too much non sense things..

07-19-2004, 10:07 AM
jeehaa physics 101 class, woot woot eh how can i make my evo fly? teach....????? :)

Buzzard
07-19-2004, 12:48 PM
jeehaa physics 101 class, woot woot eh how can i make my evo fly? teach....????? :)

Simple really, drive it off a cliff. Technically you'll be flying until you reach the ground.

EvoVIII, you are so off base that it's making my head hurt! Since your racing on a downhill, how would the Evo have an advantage over a Z06 since he is also on the same slope? Are you proposing racing the Z06 with him going uphill while you travel downhill? That is the only way that can have an impact. If the Z06 has superior acceleration, it will have it going up or down hill. And just because a car has AWD doesn't mean it will handle better, that is the mistaken attitude that so many have and the reason I pay more for insurance for my Evo than I paid for a M3 and 3 911's combined. And resistance has nothing to due with going up or down hill but I won't bother with the 10 page post explaining that, both for your and my sanity. What happens in a video game is not indicative of the real world, please remember this. Hmm, is it too early for the tequila? I feel a headache coming on.

EvoVIII
07-19-2004, 04:03 PM
oh man, okok, but I just feel that even my daily drive 130hp car feel it could go faster on a downhill.. but going up hill is pain in da a$$, though 4wd could attack corner faster and get out on the coner with full throttle, but RWD might lost control.. so though that's something good on a 4wd

evo_dadi
07-19-2004, 06:38 PM
any car can go fast downhill since there's less work being put on the engine.i would say its a driver's race if youre going to base it on tofu runs and having a lot of power on a downhill wont do much effect as opposed to an uphill run.

remember the ae86 was a rwd car to begin with ;) and he beat a skyline/evo/celica all-trac if you were to watch initial d. :skid: :peace:

EvoVIII
07-19-2004, 10:44 PM
cool, there u go, thats all I wanted to say, jessus..

Buzzard
07-20-2004, 12:02 AM
any car can go fast downhill since there's less work being put on the engine.i would say its a driver's race if youre going to base it on tofu runs and having a lot of power on a downhill wont do much effect as opposed to an uphill run.

remember the ae86 was a rwd car to begin with ;) and he beat a skyline/evo/celica all-trac if you were to watch initial d. :skid: :peace:

I give up!

Evo8andahalf
07-20-2004, 12:23 AM
but the ae86 only beat those cars cause the driver knows the course better..the type of car wouldnt really matter if you drove on the same road day after day

evo_dadi
07-20-2004, 12:46 AM
lol i gave up when everything went technical ;) since most of it went to inital d :)

garrick70
07-20-2004, 08:25 AM
I can't believe I am posting a kill story?! :roll: On my way to work early last Monday. I pulled up beside a very nice Acura CL type-S. We are at a stop light on a two lane road that merges into one lane. I will admit that I had every intention of being in front by the time the road merged. When the light turned green, I did not launch, I just smoothly accelerated at a quick pace. The CL squaks his tires as he floors it to pull ahead of me by half a car length. During this split second a huge boost of Testosterone flooded my system, and I had no choice but to beat him to the merge. Needless to say I had him by a little more than 2 car lengths when we got to the part of the road that merges. :D . I was well over 100 mph and needed to slow it down. :shock: Its a good thing I wear brown polyester driving for UPS since it probably helped hide any accidents that may have occured! :huh: :D
Luckily this was very early in the morning and we were the only two on the road. The road opens up to two lanes again after about a mile, and when I pulled up to the next red light he would not pull up next to me. He stayed back about a car length, and did not try a second time.

http://www.newdimensionstudios.com/Evo_Side.jpg

07-20-2004, 09:21 AM
iam gonan fly to your house buz....

JanSolo
07-20-2004, 10:00 AM
I was wondering - what kind of vehicles challenge you guys the most? For me, I get lots of trucks trying to mix it up with me on a regular basis, moreso on the freeway than anywhere else. It's probably cuz I got a sweet ride that I wax all the time, which makes it invisible to radar guns.

garrick70
07-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Maybe the guys in there "manly" trucks just don't know what your driving. They think its just another 4 door civic with a big wing!? My neighbors had no clue what an Evolution was when I first purchased mine. I had to show them the car of the year article in Automobile magazine. They still think I'm going though an early mid-life crisis!? :?

kimmievo
07-20-2004, 10:34 AM
I was wondering - what kind of vehicles challenge you guys the most? For me, I get lots of trucks trying to mix it up with me on a regular basis, moreso on the freeway than anywhere else. It's probably cuz I got a sweet ride that I wax all the time, which makes it invisible to radar guns.

It's funny that you mention trucks...I had some Ford Explorer rev on me the other night, and giving me the "Let's go" signal. I just let him peel off ...my bf and I were laughing our asses off.

I also had a Porsche 911 pull up to me on 92 a few evenings ago. He was revving and pointing...I looked at him and sped up a little bit. He pulled up next to me again and I shook my head no and he took off. I wasn't about to try to race in rush hour traffic, to me thats just stupid.

07-20-2004, 11:02 AM
ummm hwo come every own race their evo in the street except me, sad no oen ever rev at me or because of my snow white look means no harm?

Boostd4
08-09-2004, 06:44 PM
So I was in San Jose the other day for lunch with some old coworkers. I was heading down a main strip off of the freeway which is lined with abandoned industrial buildings with lots of space and very visible driveways. With that out of the way...

I pull up to a light and a Dodge Magnum V6 pulles up next to me. Its filled with management type guys all wearing their golf gear since its Friday. I look over at the driver and he give me one of those "nice Civic" looks and he gets all cocky. Not intending to race this guy, I edge up to the light in anticipation of the green light. Mr. Hole in One takes this as a challenge and he edges up...I can see him power braking the car as the rear wheels were starting to spin a little. I look over to my right and see that a black SUV was there now and it was apparently full of their office mates as they are cheering us on.

So I think to myself...screw it...

So I prepare to take off and the driver of the Magnum is getting all excited. This was the first time I've actually launched this car...and let me tell you...I thought I did pretty good. Revved to 4K and let her rip...

Needless to say I left that Magnum behind. By the time we reached the next stoplight (about a 1/4 mile away) I was easily 10-12 car lengths on him. I got nothing but dirty looks when they finally made it to the light. Not much of a race...but it felt good to show up those stiffs.

Should've gotten the Hemi. :lol:

evo_dadi
08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
lmao! "that thing got a hemi?" nope its just a turbo'ed 4banger :)

bdking57
08-09-2004, 08:55 PM
damn these trucks! trucks and suvs are always trying to ambush... no look over, then bamm.. trying to take off, i have no self control to let them just drive off. :twisted: the only thing worse is little old ladies in the 3 series

bdking57
08-12-2004, 12:26 AM
i saw about 8 high end feraris passing through downtown salinas. The owners association meeting is in town and i have a pair of tickets :D i also rear ended the car in front of me i was in such total shock, so i guess i got killed.

evo_dadi
08-12-2004, 06:01 AM
i saw about 8 high end feraris passing through downtown salinas. The owners association meeting is in town and i have a pair of tickets :D i also rear ended the car in front of me i was in such total shock, so i guess i got killed.

whaaa :shock: was that with you evo? i know its poppin in monterey and carmel area for the weekend.

bdking57
08-12-2004, 10:17 AM
yeah im assuming they were on their way to monterey/carmel.... but i have never seen anything like that.

VadersSTi
08-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Needless to say I left that Magnum behind. By the time we reached the next stoplight (about a 1/4 mile away) I was easily 10-12 car lengths on him. I got nothing but dirty looks when they finally made it to the light. Not much of a race...but it felt good to show up those stiffs.

... Nice story. :)

blitzkrgCT9A
09-01-2004, 12:31 AM
So I was in San Jose the other day for lunch with some old coworkers. I was heading down a main strip off of the freeway which is lined with abandoned industrial buildings with lots of space and very visible driveways. With that out of the way...

I pull up to a light and a Dodge Magnum V6 pulles up next to me. Its filled with management type guys all wearing their golf gear since its Friday. I look over at the driver and he give me one of those "nice Civic" looks and he gets all cocky. Not intending to race this guy, I edge up to the light in anticipation of the green light. Mr. Hole in One takes this as a challenge and he edges up...I can see him power braking the car as the rear wheels were starting to spin a little. I look over to my right and see that a black SUV was there now and it was apparently full of their office mates as they are cheering us on.

So I think to myself...screw it...

So I prepare to take off and the driver of the Magnum is getting all excited. This was the first time I've actually launched this car...and let me tell you...I thought I did pretty good. Revved to 4K and let her rip...

Should've gotten the Hemi. :lol:

nice kill! :)

Cal

blitzkrgCT9A
09-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Thats why i took the wing off and become an instigator on the streets looking for races :)

JanSolo
09-04-2004, 06:08 PM
I just got a PM from a guy with an SRT4 who wants to race me. So I accepted the offer and asked him to meet me on the 24th of September at Streets of Willow. Who wants to bet he will not show up? :D

Maybe I can offer him some cash.. say 500$ to make it worth his while if he shows up and beats my car on the track?

GReddy_917
09-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Maybe I can offer him some cash.. say 500$ to make it worth his while if he shows up and beats my car on the track?

Well...to make it fair you should offer to run the entire track in 2nd gear with your AC on...that plus the $500 should do it.

brwnrice
09-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Well...to make it fair you should offer to run the entire track in 2nd gear with your AC on...that plus the $500 should do it.

and three passengers riding in your car :wink:

evo_dadi
09-04-2004, 06:43 PM
you sure that wasnt tony(009) ;)

DRFTR8
09-04-2004, 06:45 PM

and three passengers riding in your car :wink: just leave the belongings in the trunk and you can borrow the sub from my trunk too... or just tie an anchor to your bumper

srt4geezer
09-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Lol, what do you have done to your Evo to be that confident?

BluEvo
09-08-2004, 04:38 PM
a WORKS decal...... :wink:

JanSolo
09-08-2004, 04:40 PM
For the straights, not a lot. For the twisties, enough for now. On a technical, tight track like Streets of Willow, I don't know how well the SRT4 would do.

DRFTR8
09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
dont forget the blacked out lights...

09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
yo dude srt4 guy, i think u shall buy stage 2 coilover + sway bars + strut bars + very good brakes + roll cage incase u roll + the last but least track insurance. Y dun u ask our admin to race u from the roll :lol: , i bet Srt4 win :roll:

Susurrus
09-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Hosed a brand new Black Infinity G35 six-speed in Glendale Sunday night.

From a stop light, slow takeoff and shift into 2nd, he guns it & gets 1/2 a car, I gun it and run his ass down like he was standin' still, pulled 1 1/2 car lengths on him and had to stop for the next light.

Suffice to say he wasn't a happy camper, he wouldn't even look at me at the next light. I know he missed the 2-3 upshift pretty badly tho... I could hear him bouncing off the rev-limiter.

Oh well...my first kill wasn't so bad :twisted:

Sus

EVO GRIM
09-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Check this beast out!

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album126/DSC00499.sized.jpg
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album126/DSC00500.sized.jpg

You know that thing handles at high speeds. Watch out for this ford boyz.

JanSolo
09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
hahah! Another amazing Evo Killer!

GReddy_917
09-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Plymouth Prowler - Pwn3d!!

It was about 4 days ago while I was on my way to the local 76 on the corner of El Camino and Grant rd/hw 237 in Mtn. View.

I was driving southbound in the farthest right lane coming up to the intersection where 76 was....suddenly there was a loud ROWR and this dill weed in a Prowler cuts me off in the middle of the intersection by less than a car length (breathe...ok no biggie) then to top it off he steals my pump (yes I have a prefferred pump at my 76 :P) wtf!! so, I go fill up at the pump on the El Camino side facing southbound...turns out that I finish before him and I try to exit the station using the most "friendly" driveway which spits you out on to the Grant and ECR intersection (directly ahead of you grant turns into 237) of course, he happens to be goin that way too and is in front of me yet again...

We are now waiting at a red light and hes the first one in the lane and Im the second....the light goes green and he's off! Exhast blazing and loud as shit...I wait about 1 second and then I hit it....so now we are on 237 and he slows down to wait for me/i caught up...I look over and I see the car hunch down and start to pull (not to mention the open-ass sounding exhaust going full-on) so I downshift into 3rd and quickly catch him.....and...pass him....shift into 4th and hes waaay behind....I tried to slow down so I could give him a "you got pwn3d" wave...but he wouldnt pass me...o well.

V8KiLL3R
10-09-2004, 10:11 PM
I was on my way to Gilroy today and enroute there along Hwy 101 S, i was going about 80-85 mph then out of nowhere this BMER started playing with me side by side then i speed up a bit then he speed up to catch up then I started to floor my pedal i heard him down shift trying to catch up, I slowly walked away from him just waved my hands at him, I even have my AC on at the time. Not bragging but i guess it shows that guy that our car rules!
sorry if i posted in the wrong spot.

JanSolo
10-09-2004, 11:11 PM
I had an SRT4 with the license plate SRT4BMX so focused on passing me as I merged onto 280 north from the Wolfe off ramp that he decided to drive onto the left shoulder. He then drove inbetween two cars on the freeway. Yep, two cars driving side by side on the freeway and the SRT4 decided to drive right inbetween them at high speed. If only I had my videocamera mounted and recording on my car that night. I would have gladly sent a copy of it to my friends in the SJPD.

SRT4BMX is the definition of a useless piece of shit. I would gladly spar with this person NHB/MMA style (you know.. like the Ultimate Fighting Championship). :D

jbenosa
10-12-2004, 04:42 PM
I was on 880 from Oakland to Richmond and I saw this BMW 3 series (dual exhaust tip) from behind and I knew he was gunning it. He was already at top speed when he crept 5 feet away from my car and I wanted to see how fast this car was in the hwy. Suddenly, I shifted to 4th and was immediately side by side with him. I was already hitting 105s by the time I looked at the gauge. I tried to entice him to have another go, but he wanted no piece of the almight STOCK EVO. Score board is 1=good guy, 0=for the bad guy.

V8KiLL3R
10-12-2004, 04:51 PM
I really dont know if its my driving or my car? I was on a stop light in Hesperian rd just turn from lewelling rd when the light turned green this mustang came out of nowhere took off (rolling start) i came from a dead stop and was neck to neck with him already, it was a red light at the next stop light then he stick his hands out and gave me a little sign. I wish that light was green so i could show him whats the meaning of little when he see my tail light from far away ;)

jstockdale
10-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Well, it doesn't qualify as a kill, but I ran with a pretty cool car in the foothills a few days ago. I was stopped behind a slow turning car on one of the forested sections, when either a 550 or 575 Maranello slows to a stop behind me. So I decide to go ahead and just floor it and take off and see what happens. 1st ... shift, 2nd ... 3rd ... and he's stayed within 1-2 car lengths the entire time (probably not trying that hard). Somewhere around 80-110 he was pulling hard on my LHS and I think wanted to pass but I didn't really expect it and blocked him by accident. Anyway, for the next couple minutes I was maxing out the corners ahead of him. I gained a bit when I took my car a little too fast for my current tires through a section of turns, but besides that he was right behind me. Damn that thing is fast.

I pulled over hoping he'd follow suit but he turned off up some driveway.

-S ...

GReddy_917
10-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I had an SRT4 with the license plate SRT4BMX so focused on passing me as I merged onto 280 north from the Wolfe off ramp that he decided to drive onto the left shoulder. He then drove inbetween two cars on the freeway. Yep, two cars driving side by side on the freeway and the SRT4 decided to drive right inbetween them at high speed. If only I had my videocamera mounted and recording on my car that night. I would have gladly sent a copy of it to my friends in the SJPD.

SRT4BMX is the definition of a useless piece of shit. I would gladly spar with this person NHB/MMA style (you know.. like the Ultimate Fighting Championship). :D

OMG...I know where he lives...I drive past his house every day on my route in Palo Alto...ahem...Arastradero Rd right off ECR....ahem...I always wondered about that guy.

brwnrice
10-30-2004, 08:14 PM
http://www.bmwm5.com/photo/data/512/10CIMG0669.JPG

wilson1
10-30-2004, 10:30 PM
^ Holy!

SouthernCrane
10-30-2004, 10:31 PM
hhahahahaha

xchoirboy
10-31-2004, 01:39 AM
the more the merrier...i think that was the idea

JanSolo
10-31-2004, 11:47 AM
The question I have for you guys is: How often do you get revved on and/or challenged, and do you ever take people up on their offer(s)?

Reason I ask is simple - I was coming home from work and some kid in a bluegreen Honda with SIR badges everywhere kept on catching up to me and revving on me in stop and go commuter traffic. And then, returning home last night, some kids in an Acura tried to race me near my place, which is crawling with local Sheriff's waiting to bust people for any reason.

garrick70
10-31-2004, 11:54 AM
The question I have for you guys is: How often do you get revved on and/or challenged, and do you ever take people up on their offer(s)?

Reason I ask is simple - I was coming home from work and some kid in a bluegreen Honda with SIR badges everywhere kept on catching up to me and revving on me in stop and go commuter traffic. And then, returning home last night, some kids in an Acura tried to race me near my place, which is crawling with local Sheriff's waiting to bust people for any reason.

It seems to happen a lot. I had a Mustang GT pull up to me yesterday, and start smoking his wheels. The funny part was that I was in the left hand turn lane while he was in the lane to my right that was going straight. When my light turned green to make a left he peeled out into the middle of the intersection before realizing he was about to hit oncoming traffic turning left from the opposite side of the intersection. :roll:

doce_pt2
10-31-2004, 03:59 PM
I get a lot of trucks and SUV's revving on me all the time. There have been a few times at a light where some boy in his little riced-out honda gives me the "let's go" hand signal. I usually just let him take off and laugh at sound of his lawn mower exhaust.

kimmievo
10-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry, that was my post above. Doce_pt2 didn't log off the pc before I used it.

wilson1
10-31-2004, 04:10 PM
^ wow, they even revs at females too.

vtluu
10-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Frickin' riced out Honda pulled up on my left and repeatedly revved at me on 880 on the way back from autocross today. I ignored it and changed into a slower lane and let them go. Later they were in the slow right lane, I passed them and flipped them off as I did. Frigging idiots, wtf were they thinking. :tisk:

SouthernCrane
10-31-2004, 10:48 PM
I passed them and flipped them off as I did. Frigging idiots, wtf were they thinking. :tisk:

That's probably not a good idea.....people are crazy these days......you never know how they might retaliate.

DRFTR8
10-31-2004, 10:58 PM

Yeah, yesterday in Hayward on Hesperian.. some guys who just bought his Mustang Cobra wanted to race me..he saw me coming so he slowed down so i can get close to him.. then when we were side by side he reved his motor up and we so did i...so he started to take off and so did i..merged to the left lane cuz i had to turn left... my lady and i was laughing cuz he was racing all alone... :lol: i bet he felt like a ass...

vtluu
10-31-2004, 10:58 PM
That's probably not a good idea.....people are crazy these days......you never know how they might retaliate.
I suppose... but they'd have to be able to catch me. ;)

Evo8andahalf
10-31-2004, 10:59 PM

haha true but they can also wait till youre at a stop

kimmievo
11-01-2004, 03:50 PM
^ wow, they even revs at females too.

Yeah, you'd be surprised....I always am!

vtluu
11-01-2004, 04:21 PM
haha true but they can also wait till youre at a stop
Well, I was on the freeway so that wasn't gonna happen. Oh wait, it was 880, I guess you have a point. ;)

EVO8RPM
11-08-2004, 08:22 PM
ok so its late at night and im on my way home when all of a sudden i get this brand spankin new m3 pulling up next to me and revs his engine at me so im like why not theres nothing else to do so we both kept about the same speed until i hit the thrusters lol just kidding but i slowly pull away from himuntil geslike three cars behind me when we come to a stop i thought the driver would of been a young guy but this guy was in his early 50's and with his wife she was telling me that i had a nice car and that its real fast and the guy threw in some complements to so he ended up to be a real nice guy

BluEvo
11-09-2004, 10:34 AM
i'm like a damn Civic magnet. why do i always get these rev happy sucka ass Civics always buggin me!? i'm just driving along and i always seem to attract them.....arrrhhh!

chris
11-09-2004, 06:35 PM
civic magnet lol =X. maybe its the nice blue and they want to race your fast car no matter how much they lose by.

toasty
11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
i'm like a damn Civic magnet. why do i always get these rev happy sucka ass Civics always buggin me!? i'm just driving along and i always seem to attract them.....arrrhhh!
I think you SHOULD debage everthing on you car and put Honda Emblems and civic emblems. Just a thought. :D

nebolic
11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
hahaah at least you get a civic, I got revved on today buy a god damn corolla XRS with dual exhaust and tein stickers all over it. so sad....

Nebo

:)

BluEvo
11-10-2004, 02:16 PM
they always slow down to wait and then jump the gun as i'm casually rollin by. the funny thing is they look really stupid when no one is next to them racing. :lol:
the one time i actually ever did take up a challenge was when this one Civic had all this shit done to it (ie..exhaust, guages, roll cage, racing seats, everything). so i acknowledged his rev and lined up at the light. all that bark and no bite! needless to say that i smoke the hell out of him.
don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Civic's, it's just the childish peeps behind the wheel that feel they need to prove themselves to someone that doesn't care (and will put the Smack Down on them!) lol

SouthernCrane
11-10-2004, 03:49 PM
I get revved at while I'm gasing my car up sometimes, by all kinds of cars :lol:

wilson1
11-10-2004, 04:16 PM
I get revved at while I'm gasing my car up sometimes, by all kinds of cars :lol:

Wow! :shock:

Humm.. which neighborhood is that?

11-10-2004, 04:17 PM
how about supra auto turbo, and gsr swap integra? burned both. only one hatch back keep up with my ex-srt4. man that hatch got soem juice in it too.

BluEvo
11-10-2004, 04:38 PM
how about supra auto turbo, and gsr swap integra? burned both. only one hatch back keep up with my ex-srt4. man that hatch got soem juice in it too.
i don't underestimate that hatchback civic can be fast. in my old racing crew we had a couple of 91 h/b civics with B18 motor swaps that would drop high 12's-low 13's at the strip on stock tires.

kataklyzm
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
i seen to attract SRT-4s. lots of them

BluEvo
11-11-2004, 12:21 AM
yeah SRT-4's seem to want to get our attention whenever they see Evos. they get all bov happy. :lol:

chris
11-11-2004, 12:30 AM
as for me the srt4's always do get rev happy seems like they redline it and shift and let the exhaust go pop pop pop be very skurred =\

onesicklambo
11-11-2004, 12:37 AM
ya..i wouldnt underestimate thos elittle things, they might looks like a little neon, but man, a few mods and they are pretty damn fast. ONly problem is traction off the line...there i think the evo would pull it easily

11-11-2004, 12:38 AM
for srt4, it design to pop pop liek misfire on wrx, very kool sound and i dun kwno if it good for the engine or not. liek if i was in 4000 rpm down shift to lower gear then lift off the gas, damn that rumbling sound pop pop comes in so kool. i just wish it was a rear wheel drive, imagiine wat it can do , damn so sad it got to be frotn wheel

bdking57
11-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Some old guys in a yellow SSR tries racing me the other day... only thing is hes completely reving on me.. yet blocking my entrance to the free way.. so i entered on to the free way liek a bat out of hell from 20 feet behind him as he is flooring it to the back of his bumber.. i made a move to pull around him but at that point we were at about 105 ( the roads were empty though) and i did not want any cop troubles on my day off. Maybe he could try that again without cheating.

BluEvo
11-23-2004, 01:50 PM
i was trailing behind 2 cars in the fast lane doing about 70. no one in front of the first guy and no one in the next lane over. so i decided to switch and pass both. the guy in the front was in what looked like a stealth/3000gt with a huge aluminum wing. yeah..ok. as i was trying to pass on his right he starts to gun it (after driving slow all this time). i swooped right passed him at about 105-110 and thats that!
"Objects In Mirror Are LOSING!" hahah

chris
11-23-2004, 03:39 PM
like that huh? haha

11-23-2004, 03:42 PM
is it me or when car all trick out with big wing and loud can aint fast, mayeb they waste all the money on thsoe bling bling thing and forget to mod their engine, the one i really scare of me deep low sound adn low profile car like a gnx, ran into one and oh man still have it in my head

Deviousone209
11-24-2004, 11:08 PM
i have a good kill...
there is this silver mustang gt with HELLA parts..hence the word hella, i mean this guy told me what he had.. he had a cai, big a$$ throttle body, intake manifold, underdrive pulleys, 373 racing gears and a hurst short shift kit,FULL exhaust and sitting on nitto 555 tires. ever since i got my car hes wanted to race me, so after i put in my exedy clutch, filter, dp, cat delete, and cat back exhaust, i said ok..well i was kinda sceptic at first, not know what my evo can do..as soon as my buddy flags..it was seeing him in my rear view mirrror from then on ...3TIMES!!! and the last one was a roll start. i beat him by about 3 cars.

vtluu
11-24-2004, 11:15 PM
:tisk:

evo_dadi
11-25-2004, 12:31 AM
:tisk:

:P :P you cant be here tam :wink:

EvoVIII
12-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't have a good Kill, but I piss a CL500 off pretty bad, he chase me down the road after he fill up his car at a gas station.. "I know it doesn't make since but it did happen" and he was chasing me down the road, but he just couldn't catch up until we hit the Red Light, but here we go again, that road need to be merge from 2 to 1 line, therefore he was behind me again until a Stop Sign, he then give me a middle finger, but I wasn't piss at all, although I took out some mods, but there are still power every where :P

Evo8andahalf
12-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I don't have a good Kill, but I piss a CL500 off pretty bad, he chase me down the road after he fill up his car at a gas station.. "I know it doesn't make since but it did happen" and he was chasing me down the road, but he just couldn't catch up until we hit the Red Light, but here we go again, that road need to be merge from 2 to 1 line, therefore he was behind me again until a Stop Sign, he then give me a middle finger, but I wasn't piss at all, although I took out some mods, but there are still power every where :P

hey where was this?

V8KiLL3R
12-24-2004, 03:38 PM
I was on my way to Sunnyvalle today to go to Fry's, anyways i was on 880 south going to 237 when i passed this RSX white, then all of a sudden he downshifted i could hear him because i was cruising with no radio, i saw he has an intercooler in front, i know about the rule of racing on the freeway (NO)! Well i was curious what kind of setup does he have so my instinct kicked me and just floor the pedal, I noticed he would not pull away from me and i was just behind him in 4th gear about 7400 rpm when i let it go because i noticed the speed was about 140 MPH! I know I shouldnt do it but i did, well just thought i share this experience this morning.

evoredy
01-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Somewhere on an STi forum not so far far away.....
<table width="99%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center">
<table class="forumline" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="1">
<tr>
<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="row2">
Blue_STi408

<td class="row2" width="100%" height="30" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<td width="100%">Forums>Technical>Post subject: Power Problems....

Posted: Sat Jan 1st, 2005 11:00 am

Hello fellow STi owners,

I was on my way back home merging from 280S to 85S and saw a RED EVO8 hanging besides me on the offramp. I got next to him and had to merge onto the freeway--so I just floored it in fifth. It seems like he floored it in fifth (not sure) and just walked away from me like I was standing still! The only thing I noticed was a WORKS license plate frame (probably a cheezy stereo company)--anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having a power problem on the top end especially when evos are near by.

Please Help ME!!!!!!

I'm seriously thinking of trading my car in for an evo because my girlfriend who was sitting next to me really was interested in the RED evo and the driver.
</tr></table></table>

L84AD8
01-01-2005, 06:35 PM
<table class="forumline" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="0" border="1">
<tr>
Blue_STi408

<td class="row2" width="100%" height="30" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Hello fellow STi owners,

I was on my way back home merging from 280S to 85S and saw a RED EVO8 hanging besides me on the offramp. I got next to him and had to merge onto the freeway--so I just floored it in fifth. It seems like he floored it in fifth (not sure) and just walked away from me like I was standing still! The only thing I noticed was a WORKS license plate frame (probably a cheezy stereo company)--anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone else is having a power problem on the top end especially when evos are near by.

Please Help ME!!!!!!

I'm seriously thinking of trading my car in for an evo because my girlfriend who was sitting next to me really was interested in the RED evo and the driver.</table></table>

Yeah man... I like that! That is so tight! HEHEHE :lol:

V8KiLL3R
01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
The only thing I noticed was a WORKS license plate frame (probably a cheezy stereo company)-- I like that hehehe :twisted:
Any comment Jamie or Pete? :D

2manVR6
01-03-2005, 07:20 PM
<tr>
Blue_STi408

Hello fellow STi owners,

Please Help ME!!!!!!

I'm seriously thinking of trading my car in for an evo because my girlfriend who was sitting next to me really was interested in the RED evo and the driver.
</tr></table></table>

come on are u sure that was also in the post..... :nana:

hi_nrg_fizzix
01-03-2005, 09:06 PM
:lol:
Maybe Works needs to add "U Got Worked!" to their license plate frames.

evoredy
01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
<tr>
Blue_STi408

Hello fellow STi owners,

Please Help ME!!!!!!

</tr></table></table>

come on are u sure that was also in the post..... :nana:

come on, are you sure THAT was a post? :lol:

bdking57
03-29-2005, 04:00 PM
haha.. "U got worked" is pretty good

TogueMonster
04-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Lucky victim number one.......

So, Saturday night, my girlfriend and I end up at Dennys for dinner. We roll up park out front walk in and order our criznap. Just to let you guys know, the tartar sauce at Dennys is WEAKSAUCE!! But it was all good, under my hood. We ate and left, and as I'm pullin out I hear this yeller beast roarin' past me. Mustang, yellow, GT from the sound of it. I pay it no mind. As I get to the stop light it turns green, the Mustang now about 100 yards ahead of me. I think to myself, "F... it, what have I got to loose?" "Pssssssss" the turbo kicks in at 3??? RPMs shooting us forward like a goddamned slingshot. We catch up at the stoplight, its red. Im in the far left lane, hes in the far right, a taxi cab between us. I scan the area for the one timers. None in sight. Green light. I creep into the intersection at a normal pace, the Mustang shows no signs of wanting any. Then, outta nowhere, he punches it, The V8 roars to life. A full car length behind the guy, I drop back into first and gun it. The turbo wistles, the 4G63 snarls under the hood with every shift, up into 3rd. I cant see him. "SHIIIIIIT!" I miss fourth gear, but recover quickly. As I missed the gear I turn to see the stang a full carlenght behind me. I look back and wave as I hit ???mph. I get to the next light and wait for my victim to pull up next to me. Im looking to see what the V8 pushin' sucka has to say for himself. Then, to my amazement, I notice a huge cobra decal on the rear side window. Then I look for the cobra badge on the front fender and sure enough, its a Cobra. I see the SVT badging on the trunklid as he rolls away and I laugh to myself......histerically. Damn, there is nothing like spanking a 320 horsepower 4.6 liter V8 American made SVT Cobra with an engine only half the size and an itty bitty turbo. Yes, I am completely stock...........for the time bieng.

Absinthe
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Lucky victim number one.......

So, Saturday night, my girlfriend and I end up at Dennys for dinner. We roll up park out front walk in and order our criznap. Just to let you guys know, the tartar sauce at Dennys is WEAKSAUCE!! But it was all good, under my hood. We ate and left, and as I'm pullin out I hear this yeller beast roarin' past me. Mustang, yellow, GT from the sound of it. I pay it no mind. As I get to the stop light it turns green, the Mustang now about 100 yards ahead of me. I think to myself, "F... it, what have I got to loose?" "Pssssssss" the turbo kicks in at 3??? RPMs shooting us forward like a goddamned slingshot. We catch up at the stoplight, its red. Im in the far left lane, hes in the far right, a taxi cab between us. I scan the area for the one timers. None in sight. Green light. I creep into the intersection at a normal pace, the Mustang shows no signs of wanting any. Then, outta nowhere, he punches it, The V8 roars to life. A full car length behind the guy, I drop back into first and gun it. The turbo wistles, the 4G63 snarls under the hood with every shift, up into 3rd. I cant see him. "SHIIIIIIT!" I miss fourth gear, but recover quickly. As I missed the gear I turn to see the stang a full carlenght behind me. I look back and wave as I hit ???mph. I get to the next light and wait for my victim to pull up next to me. Im looking to see what the V8 pushin' sucka has to say for himself. Then, to my amazement, I notice a huge cobra decal on the rear side window. Then I look for the cobra badge on the front fender and sure enough, its a Cobra. I see the SVT badging on the trunklid as he rolls away and I laugh to myself......histerically. Damn, there is nothing like spanking a 320 horsepower 4.6 liter V8 American made SVT Cobra with an engine only half the size and an itty bitty turbo. Yes, I am completely stock...........for the time bieng.

Unsure of the policy in these threads but *cough*cough* Bullshit *cough*
Either you arent stock or that was a badged up V6, he go the jump on you, you had to downshift while he was pulling away, wait for the turbo to come around, and you missed 4th gear? you'd have a hard time catching an IS300 in a race that went down like that, Let alone a car that had 30-120 more hp than you and less parasitic drivetrain loss.

04-07-2005, 09:45 AM
lol
he didnt want none from u or he lets go, svt cobra is fast as for stock compare to evo.

evo_dadi
04-07-2005, 07:14 PM
well it could have been an older cobra since they dont have a blower on it before just all n/a :wink: :P

earlyapex
04-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Yo TogueMonster talks all fresh yo like all little hipster kiddiez. WowZers FreAsh Yo.

I would have lost to you too because I would be sitting still in AmAzmEnT from your Hip-HopZtrer VoCab YO!

chris
04-08-2005, 07:35 AM
oh man hahahha

blitzkrgCT9A
04-08-2005, 05:31 PM
A full car length behind the guy, I drop back into first and gun it.

damn! shifting back into first!!! woooooot

Evil EV0
05-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Well someone has been bugging me to post my kills so here it goes. There are some that are recent and some from a while back. My mods are as follows...WORKS P2 (which I love) Invidia DP, Invidia Catback and UR Test pipe all 3 inch and the ACT HD SS Clutch. I have a few other things but those are really the performance mods.

Evo vs Vette
http://www.jtheory.net/vids/TimvsEvo.mpg

Evo vs LS Turbo Teg
http://www.jtheory.net/vids/EvovsLS-T.wmv

Not the best vid, but good enough. I beat the Vette by a few cars, I could see him in my rearview and the Teg wasnt even close 5+ cars easily and I hit fuel cut in 1st :)

As for the TA's I have raced a WS6 and regular Trans Am and have pulled them both on the freeway. The WS6 was a bit harder to catch up, but did and eventually passed him, we then started from 4th gear and I pulled pretty easily 2-3 cars before he let off. We pulled off on the same exit and he was like damn that car is fast, its not stock right. LOl, I said just a couple mods :) Next was the TA and I didnt even downshift from 5th and at about 120 or so I started reeling him in and got a car up and pulling so he let off. Everyone that was behind us (friends) were all like damn you pulled on him pretty good :)

Other than that, Ive beaten an STi pretty easily by 3 cars or so, Turbo RSX 3+ cars maybe more :), LOL too many to list. Best race I've had is my buddies Mach 1, I can beat him if I have a good launch, but its close (hes on drag radials and has an exhaust with no cats)

Well thanks for reading enjoy...

PS I'll add this, If you have any doubts about the P2, sorry, but throw those out the window. The car pulls a lot harder now, and their customer service is top notch, im extremely pleased. I cant wait to get my cams and water injection :)

LEVIII
05-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Hey evil evo I see you are selling the Honda, whats next?

Evil EV0
05-02-2005, 12:43 AM
LOL, actually that's the wife's decision. She took a Z06 for a test drive and fell in love. Now the S is for sale and we are hunting for an 03-04 Millinium yellow Z06. If anyone's interested, let me know :D

DRFTR8
05-06-2005, 09:57 PM
ok i just had a funny thing happen to me.. on my way home from my brothers house i took the back roads(Bolinger-dougherty rd) back to my place... now on the road was an RSX, i noticed him turn on the same street i was on. but he slowed down so that i can catch up to him... then he sped up again... now my pregnant wife was with me, so i didnt do anything cuz i wouldnt hear the end of it... but his buddy was just staring at me so i stared back.. then he started to speed up again... thats when i down shifted to third and let him have it so i left his @ss back there:twisted:...but with all the engine noise i couldnt hear my wife screaming at me to stop racing cuz she was in the car :oops: .... but i only raced him for about a mile and he still wanted more.. why cant they just take it like a man and turn the car back around, park it in the garage, and keep practicing on their GT4 how to drive and realize that they(interga,RSX,Civic drivers) cant mess with an EVO :twisted: ..... but now i have to kiss @ss cuz the pregnant wife is still pissed cuz i raced with her in the car... :oops:

evo_dadi
05-06-2005, 10:56 PM
lol ok mike btw they offer a package for pregnant women at dayspa's ;) :lol:

Evil EV0
05-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Thats one thing I never understood, why when people get their @ss kicked do they think they have a chance. If I lose to someone, ok its over no need to keep trying, I didnt magically gain 100 hp :)

What I like is when people assume the Evo is slow on the freeway, they hear too many stories.

One time I was cruising down this street and passed a Black Benz, it looked pretty nice but I didnt pay much attention, anyways as I pass him he floors it. I was like whatever dude, then he hits his brakes and waits till I get next to him, Im like ok, I'll bite :) I drop it down to 2nd and wait for him to floor it, as soon as he does I punch it and started pulling, I put maybe 3 cars on him and let off (we were in front of a University and theres always the campus cop there) Once we got a few blocks down, he tries again and same results. I pull in to In & Out and go through the drive thru and he goes inside. When I pull up to the window, I hear him ask the kid there (employee), "hey is that an Evo" the guy goes "yeah" then he says "I thought they were supposed to be slow from a roll" The kid says I dont know, why? Then the guys "well because he just kicked my ass" Lol, I was laughing in the car. I love that when people think just because its AWD its slow up top :D

nebolic
05-08-2005, 12:56 AM
A Porsche GT3 got owned in Sacramento tonight by an Evo!!!!!!!!!!

enough said.

nebo

thomas
05-08-2005, 01:34 AM
:skid:

leif
05-11-2005, 12:29 AM
did a low rpm 2nd gear punch (shuda got back into first) up to 95 or so against a lambo gallardo the other day. he got me by like a car - car n a half.

thats all.

chris
05-11-2005, 01:09 AM
wow he must be surprise what a 4banger can do haha

EVO GRIM
05-11-2005, 07:13 AM
Saw this parked outside the restaurant that I took my wife for our anniversary in carmel last night. Too much wine on board to stirr up a race!

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album126/Picture052_10May05.jpg

DB8GSR
05-11-2005, 07:26 AM
Is that the new F430 Stradale convertible?

:shock:

leif
05-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Is that the new F430 Stradale convertible?

:shock:

c'mon man thats a 360 spyder.

EVO GRIM
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
How fast you think?

EvoVIII
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
there is a very high chance of that car raping an Evo

EVO GRIM
05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
MIght be fun though :wink:

nebolic
05-11-2005, 07:52 PM
you'll always have a better chance at beating a convertible, those drop tops are a pig . . .

You'll be surprised on the accelaration of the Evo. . .

nebo

evo_dadi
05-11-2005, 10:13 PM
How fast you think?
might be a close match since it has no low end torque but the sucker can turn also :lol: 400hp and 275tq is the rating for it considering thats just for the regular 360 modena and not the stradale which is set up more aggresively :shock: but like what nebo said convertables are scary at high speeds so the driver might chicken out ;)

Boostd4
06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
How fast you think?
might be a close match since it has no low end torque but the sucker can turn also :lol: 400hp and 275tq is the rating for it considering thats just for the regular 360 modena and not the stradale which is set up more aggresively :shock: but like what nebo said convertables are scary at high speeds so the driver might chicken out ;)

And I might be mistaken...but Ferrari doesn't recommend the use of the rag tops in speeds over 75mph. That is the case with the 550 at least.

Black_EVO
06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
You guys think the bay area is ricey? There is some really scary crap floating around up here in Oregon. The cool thing though is that there are only 5 other Evos in this area. I smoked quite a few rednecks in thier pickup trucks and Cameros. Lots of ricers here too that are always tring to race. Stupid RSX's!! Great country roads here though.

redtydsf
06-11-2005, 08:40 AM
audi "allroad" man that car is fast!!! I was minding my business at the light at Hickey and skyline northbound, this guy wanted to run :shock:
here i am tellin myself okay it's just a wagon, a heavy-a$$ wagon...so I go along with it. I get him on the launch, we atleast hit 100 mph all tha way into the entrance to highway one headed towards the 280 downhill,
this fool managed to keep up about a car length behind even with his tires mad screachin in the turn, and if anybody is from around here we know this turn retires cars permanently (wanna be drifters). PROPS damnit!!!!PROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

DB8GSR
06-17-2005, 07:05 AM
Had a great run yesterday with a Firebird/Trans Am WS6 LS1 (huge nostrils) on the freeway yesterday after coming from work. He was coming up pretty quick behind me while cruising at 80mph and flew by me then all of a sudden, he slowed down to get beside me. :twisted: :wink:

The victim
http://www.engine-power.com/img/specs/pontiac_firebird_trans_am_ws6_01.jpg

Yup!! Once i got beside him, dropped the hammer down to 4th gear and we're side by side at 70mph. Then BAM... off we go up to I believe 120mph. My Evo definitely pulled foot by foot on the WS6 regardless which gear I was in.

Very cool WS6 driver as I received a thumbsup from him and returned the same back. :D

chris
06-17-2005, 08:15 AM
very nice run! i ran this 98ish v8 gt mustang. pretty modded. ran him 3 from a roll and 1 from a dead stop. the rolls started in third and pulled hard on him atleast 3+ cars on him by the end of 4th. from a dead stop 0_o hahah you don't even want to know

06-17-2005, 09:30 AM
boooooooooo boooooooooo street racing, booooooooo booooooooo :lol:

LEVIII
06-30-2005, 09:59 PM
So I am leaving Target on Sunrise and I pull out in front of light traffic and take off fairly quickly. There were 2 crotch rockets directly behind me and the quickly pulled next to me and were revving up a bit. I did a quick accelerate and let off. I never street race by the way, I was just palying. At the light they stop next to me and guy on the GSXR 600 says

Bike: is that thing fast?
me: yeah
Bike: how fast?
Me: After a good tune I should be in real high 11s (I know I know, i was just having fun, I really have no idea how fast it will be)
Bike: yeah right, the salesmen lied to you on that one
Me: Oh, thats cool
Bike: You wanna find out? [revs]
Me: No thanks, not on city streets
Bike: I have a car that would blow the doors off that thing
Me: Sweet, all four?
Bike: [looking at front brakes] If it runs 11s how come you still have those brakes on it?
Me: [very shocked] You mean those 4 piston fixed calipers?
[light turns green and we both drive off and as I shift he hears my BOV]
Bike: ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh turbo [he takes off quickly]

I was like WTF? First off, I thought he knew what kind of car it was until he was suprised it was turbo. Second, and most important, I pretty sure the stock brakes could handle 11s, didnt Turbo Trix swap theres for smalle GSX brakes running 8s? I wouldnt even have been bothered by this whole thing except for the brakes comment. It has me baffled.

EvoVIII
06-30-2005, 11:07 PM
So I am leaving Target on Sunrise and I pull out in front of light traffic and take off fairly quickly. There were 2 crotch rockets directly behind me and the quickly pulled next to me and were revving up a bit. I did a quick accelerate and let off. I never street race by the way, I was just palying. At the light they stop next to me and guy on the GSXR 600 says

Me: After a good tune I should be in real high 11s (I know I know, i was just having fun, I really have no idea how fast it will be)
Bike: [looking at front brakes] If it runs 11s how come you still have those brakes on it?

I was like WTF? First off, I thought he knew what kind of car it was until he was suprised it was turbo. Second, and most important, I pretty sure the stock brakes could handle 11s, didnt Turbo Trix swap theres for smalle GSX brakes running 8s? I wouldnt even have been bothered by this whole thing except for the brakes comment. It has me baffled.
lol that biker is very funny

BOOSTonHanD
07-03-2005, 02:42 PM
had a good litle race with a 5.0 and a newer (previous to the new body) mustang. we were going to do it from a roll but we caught the light, and i managed to f up my launch but still real them in.

i also had an encounter with a black fixed up g35 on 101 north bound. i was crusing at 75 and he passed me and slowed down to rev at me :roll: so i was like damn this guy is trying hard to f around so i dropped back to i think a 40 roll and i took him by 2 to 3 car and kept on pulling. i slowed down and he wanted to go again. i seen he had a bad ass chic so i was like im down to make him feel stupid once more and it was the same out come with my self rolling three heads deep.

BOOSTonHanD
07-03-2005, 02:46 PM
i also messed around with my buddys trans am but i can never keep up up top. he always wants to go freeway but im always on his ass. down low is a differant story, he is always behind alittle but he starts kreeping at around 80 and its his after that. those cars are pretty fast. i also have a friend with a cobra and he smokes the shi_t out of both of use

i raced the blue one
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/typeralph/my%20stuff/Picture015.jpg

kikosurf
07-10-2005, 03:28 AM
i'm sad to say this isnt a kill sotry... i've only owned my evo for about 6 days and i just finished the breaking in period so i decided to go to the local meet tonight... lets just say for some reason i couldnt lunch my car right and i got pwned by a civic hatch with a h22 swap... twice... it was a very sad night for me hopefully i can learn to lunch my car for next time. Atlease the guy seemed cool thou :cry:

MitsuMan
07-10-2005, 12:39 PM
k yall don't hate,, first of all but like to beat up on street racers I do it like way too much that probably why i have the tickets to mods that I do right now but any way I go out like every other week and I've raced them all every domestic, porcha 350Z S2000 ect and there are few that can hang
last week I was just rolling around san jose cap expressway and these guys with a video camera in a Audi a8 asked me to follow and race them on 101. I told them fine but your gonna lose and they said we'll see about that.(they didn't know I filled up on 1000oct) so me with my 100 map ran twice from about 4th @ 50ish and I blew them away like real bad and the whole time the pass was video taping. I slowed down to like 40 and said when do I know I won how fast are we goning to and they were pisssed so we went again I sat next to them at about 75% throttle until we hit about 140 and then I pulled away and left their asses then we both exited the 101 and went back and I said
whats the video for Is it called cars that are faster than mine or is it for www.igotsomked.com I really wanted to see the video they rolled up their window and went crying home 8)

GReddy_917
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM

That guy is a disgrace to the gixxer community...someone needs to find that guy and revoke his suzuki owner priveleges.

MitsuMan
07-10-2005, 12:44 PM
oh yea I almost forgot if you guys want to test your turbo there is a guy in watsonville with a white 1st gen DSM with a 20G on it!!! hes hot man I got smoked in pump gas map and i stayed with him on 100oct and only beat him once by shifting at my reline 7800 which he could not we all go and race in the old orchards out of Hollister there's never anycops shit there ain't nobody out there for miles every weekend my suby friend calls me up to go race and I'm like really broke right now cause of my move but there is some competion brewing out there believe me and its worth the drive to not get caught 8)

BOOSTonHanD
07-21-2005, 07:35 AM
i raced a black srt4 with i guess a black traxs stage 2 (i have no idea what that is but i did here upgraded turbo) but we both stopped and we both didnt want to do it from a dig so we just went from a first gear roll. i honked 3 times and just smashed. the whole time i was waiting for him to pass me up becaus ei could hear his crazy ass spool and loud ass exhaust but he was just sitting right there BEHIND me! MUAHAHahAhAHa.... when we both came to a slow roll i asked what hes putting down and he told me 440 and i said "Damn that sucks". but the dude was hella cool. im have 272 hks cams, dyno flash, helix icp, turbo back with cat delete, apexi intake and greddy bov. damn that made my day

i think this is that guys info. he told me he made 441 and it had a black trax badge so i put two and two together and here it is

BlackTrax Built Dodge Neon SRT-4 - makes 441hp 412tq!

Engine: Dodge 2.4L

Bore: Stock with Wiseco Pistons

Cylinder Head: BlackTrax Custom Stage 3 Port & Polish

Transmission: BlackTrax 3 Piece Stage 3 Copper Clutch - deleting the 1 piece modular design

Fuel: RC 750cc Injectors, 255lph Fuel Pump, Aeromotive FPR with Custom Fuel Return System

Induction: AGP T3/T4 60 Trim Turbo Kit with Front Mount Intercooler, Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate, HKS SSQV BOV, Custom TIG Welded 3" Aluminum Cold Air Intake, NX Intercooler Kit.

Management: Apex-i SAFC

Exhaust: 3" downpipe with custom 3" exhaust

Our new 3 piece design allows for cheaper and easier clutch swaps. Please call for inquiries.

This car made 400hp on 91 octane 420hp on 103 octane and 441 with an oil change from conventional to Mobile 1 Synthetic. NX Intercooler on average added 15hp.

chris
07-21-2005, 08:12 AM
spotted a silver evo on milpitas blvd around 10ish. i high beamed ya... coming from the 76 gas station.

DB8GSR
07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
spotted a silver evo on milpitas blvd around 10ish. i high beamed ya... coming from the 76 gas station.

So who won on the high beam contest. Who got blinded first? :twisted: :lol:

<-- Realizes it's "eV0 against the world" and not "sightings" :P

nebolic
07-23-2005, 08:02 AM
last night in south sac. I rolled up on the RSX meet.

Me vs Greddy Turbo RSX Type S (his freaking intercooler was way bigger than mine booo)

3 runs.

all 3 runs were not enough close, i pulled like a freight train on him. He said he misshifted, but each run, i let him honk 3 times, and each time, I made sure i hear his turbo spool before I gas my Evo.

All runs were done from 60-80mph roll, and oh yeah, my top end, it was murder: i kept pulling and pulling.

nebo

MitsubishZ
07-23-2005, 11:49 AM
nice kill.... RSX's suck!

BOOSTonHanD
07-24-2005, 10:31 AM
last night i went out to watch my buddys 10 sec camaro (on spray) try and find some one to run. but i eneded up getting called out by an s4 (not the newest ones). im not sure what it had but we went from a dig and he got me off the launch, and by the end of second i had him. i forgot where i let off but by the end i would say he was alittle behind my rear bumper. so it was a good race.

MitsubishZ
07-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Today I'm comin back down sunrise from Silver Dragon and I look into my passenger side mirror and see what appears to be a Silver STi. Instantly my mind is like "SWEEET!" so he comes up to me, sure enough a silver STi. Nice guy, we waved... his car was pretty awsome. I slowed down for him to pull up next to me but I dont think he really wanted to race because he wouldnt get beside me (and I could understand, cause there was your usual sunrise traffic)

But once we got about to the bridge, he lined up next to me. I was in third gear, 3,200 rpm (perfect! :) ) and we both took off. I started a little too early, because he was only at my front fender when I started. But I did pull about a car length on him!! I shut it down before we got going too fast.

Oh I forgot to mention, the A/C was on too :P

EvoVIII
07-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Today I'm comin back down sunrise from Silver Dragon and I look into my passenger side mirror and see what appears to be a Silver STi. Instantly my mind is like "SWEEET!" so he comes up to me, sure enough a silver STi. Nice guy, we waved... his car was pretty awsome. I slowed down for him to pull up next to me but I dont think he really wanted to race because he wouldnt get beside me (and I could understand, cause there was your usual sunrise traffic)

But once we got about to the bridge, he lined up next to me. I was in third gear, 3,200 rpm (perfect! :) ) and we both took off. I started a little too early, because he was only at my front fender when I started. But I did pull about a car length on him!! I shut it down before we got going too fast.

street racing = :birdie:

MitsubishZ
07-24-2005, 03:25 PM
I do plenty of on track racing too. I'll be at Thunderhill on the 30th so pooooo on you :P You know you've raced someone before on the streets at least one time. Lets just call this my first street race ever

Gruppe-S
07-24-2005, 03:46 PM
i street race all the time. :lol: against the shadow

hagakure
07-24-2005, 03:56 PM

I'm sorry....I'm really opiniated about behavior like this. It's rediculous, moronic, and completely socially irresponsible. In the last month in Sacramento alone there have been three deaths of people att he hands of street racers who were INNOCENT bystanders. People that persist in this behaviour need to check themselves in a serious way.....do you want to end up like this:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=150222

Keep it up then.

Percy

MitsubishZ
07-24-2005, 05:31 PM
there is a difference between street racing and a friendly 3rd gear pull. Wanna guess my MPH? Max I got up to was 50, 50mph in a 45. I cant even get a ticket for that. Nothing I did was illegal or anything like street racing.

Get off my nuts about having a little fun with an STi, fuck.

DRFTR8
07-24-2005, 05:44 PM
dont tell me no ever did something like that on the street... i can bet everyone here raced even if was just a short run.. i can tell you i have done my share of street racing, specially to the ones that wanted to get owned... and boy i can just say "yes im part of that street racing statistics "... and if your putting all these mods in your car and youve never raced on a track or street for that split second.. sell your parts... your just wasting your money... i mean why do you invest on all these mods for?... so you can just dyno it?... Everyone races... including the senior citizens... they were young too

EVO GRIM
07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
3rd gear pull to 50? I call BS! I get to 60-65 in 2nd at auto x.

MitsubishZ
07-24-2005, 06:46 PM
3rd gear pull to 50? I call BS! I get to 60-65 in 2nd at auto x.

congrats buddy, you're redlined at 60-65 in 2nd gear. I wasnt redlined in 3rd. GG

BOOSTonHanD
07-24-2005, 08:07 PM
not to be a dick but you can be pulled over for racing even if your with in the speed limit. it all depense on how you were driving and if a cop is that much of an ass. its all in the conduct of you actions. i personaly still have fun so im not getting on your ass but im just leting you know if a cop sees you guys fn around he still can and just might pull you over.

LEVIII
07-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes indeed, I have been pulled over (in my civic) for "rapid acceleration"

MitsubishZ
07-24-2005, 11:35 PM
civic... rapid acceleration!? j/p :P

EvoVIII
07-25-2005, 12:58 AM
not to be a dick but you can be pulled over for racing even if your with in the speed limit. it all depense on how you were driving and if a cop is that much of an ass. its all in the conduct of you actions. i personaly still have fun so im not getting on your ass but im just leting you know if a cop sees you guys fn around he still can and just might pull you over.
+1

vtluu
07-25-2005, 02:11 AM
dont tell me no ever did something like that on the street... i can bet everyone here raced even if was just a short run.. i can tell you i have done my share of street racing, specially to the ones that wanted to get owned... and boy i can just say "yes im part of that street racing statistics "... and if your putting all these mods in your car and youve never raced on a track or street for that split second.. sell your parts... your just wasting your money... i mean why do you invest on all these mods for?... so you can just dyno it?... Everyone races... including the senior citizens... they were young too
I admit it, I've done it a couple times, but I'm not proud of it. I get tempted and provoked just like everybody else but that doesn't make it right for me to give in. My "guilty pleasure" is taking corners and on/off ramps very fast (i.e. drive at the speed limit but don't bother braking at all for turns). Within the letter of the law maybe, but doesn't mean it's necessarily safe. Even if we try to be "safe" doing it the reality is there are just too many variables beyond our control out on public roads.

So what your question boils down to is, is there a legal (or at least safe) way for us to enjoy the limits of what these cars can do--modded or not--on the street?

Driving "fast" or "racing" on public streets isn't wrong in any absolute moral sense--it's wrong because it's not safe. It's basically a socially irresponsible thing to do because it endangers other people without their foreknowledge or consent (as opposed to a racetrack, which can still be dangerous, but everyone who's there knows and accepts those risks). As mature adult members of society I think we all should try to behave as such, and if that means driving our high-performance cars within 50% of their full capabilities while on the street, so be it. You have to go to a shooting range to "enjoy" a gun; you have to go to a racetrack (drag strip, autocross, etc.) to enjoy a high-performance car.

MitsubishZ
07-25-2005, 02:22 PM
I agree with all your points. And so I ask you this, is this street racing:

Hovering in third gear at 3,000 rpm lined up next to an STi with cars in front of us, but very far ahead. STi in is in the far right lane (no cars to his right) and I am in lane next to him. We line up, accelerate and reach 55mph max in a 45 zone.

Come on, is that really STREET RACING? No, it wasnt. It was a good pull, no more dangerous than going WOT onto a freeway onramp. I hardly think I deserve to be chastised for this harmless event.

vtluu
07-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I'd consider "racing" to be any situation where you find yourself "competing" against another car. That's pulling from a traffic light, running on the freeway, driving "togue-style" down a canyon road. Sure, in your particular case it doesn't sound like there was much danger, but I think the "competitive" nature of any racing situation poses additional danger just because it's so easy to get carried away. Maybe you should or shouldn't be chastised for it, but certainly you shouldn't be encouraged. Just because it didn't look like The Fast and the Furious, doesn't mean it was okay. 8)

07-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I never street racing. I swear to my evo godness :wink:

wilson1
07-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I never street racing. I swear to my evo godness :wink:

:lol: :lol:

WavMixer
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Well as some of you may have read, I was in the bay area a couple weeks ago. To make a long story short, I had a WRX follow me for around 100 miles or so on the 5 south coming home. He never got to see any more than my rear bumper and speeds approching 3x the posted limit.

MitsubishZ
08-08-2005, 04:18 PM
-_-

toasty
08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
:owned: