PDA

View Full Version : I need to borrow a suspension!

Navid@xperformance
03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm heading down to SoCal for the SCCA ProSolo this weekend and the National tour the weekend after that. Unfortunately, my Motons will not get here for another 2 weeks :cry: .

I'll be severely disadvantaged on stock suspension down there. I was thinking maybe one of you guys could loan me your suspension for about 10 days. Of course, I'll do all the suspension swap work myself at my shop in San Jose. I could compensate you by offering you a ride when my suspension gets here, discounts on parts, or cold hard cash if you'd like.

--Navid
#80 Evo RS
www.xperformance.com

chrisw
03-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Navid!

wish I could help you out, but I need my suspension for next weekend in San Diego.

I did see these omnipower coilovers, which might work as a temporary solution.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3645

vtluu
03-01-2005, 01:46 PM
E-mailed you...

Hey Wilson, your yellow car isn't going anywhere for a couple weeks :(, do you still have the Tein Flexes on there? (Or something better?)

hellz Evo
03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Navid,

You can borrow mine for 60 bucks. I have a custm set of JIC in LA, I was going to pick it up but I will ship it and you can borrow my Tanabe pro ss if they work for you. I have 12 and and 10 k fronts springs as well as 8K's for the back. If you go with higher rate springs, the car can not be driven on the street. Let me know as soon as possible. Also you blow em you buy em, hey dont want any arguments later.
Sammy

Navid@xperformance
03-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey Navid!

I did see these omnipower coilovers, which might work as a temporary solution.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3645

Thanks for the link Chris. I need to get something that is a big jump from the stock suspension. I have lots of good leads so far. One of them will work out.

--Navid

Navid@xperformance
03-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd like to thank Tam for lending me his suspension.

We swapped the suspension Wednesday night and Jack at Motorsport Techniques was kind enough to fit me in for an awesome alignment job on my way out of town on Friday. The car did really well the the Pro last weekend: http://www.scca.org/_Filelibrary/File/05fontana_solo_sun.pdf

We'll see what happens this weekend at San Diego.

--Navid

vtluu
03-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey Navid, I anxiously awaited the results and then saw none for ESP (or FSP); did they accidentally leave them off? I saw Cameron listed as DNS so I thought maybe you guys didn't show for some reason (maybe because there was no-one else running ESP) but I figured it was next to impossible that no-one ran in either those two classes.

So, how did you do? :)

earlyapex
03-07-2005, 04:48 PM
We swapped the suspension Wednesday night and Jack at Motorsport Techniques was kind enough to fit me in for an awesome alignment job on my way out of town on Friday.

Jack rules!

Navid@xperformance
03-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey Navid, I anxiously awaited the results and then saw none for ESP (or FSP); did they accidentally leave them off?

We were one short of making the class, so they bumped us up to BSP. Check out the BSP results! :lol:

--Navid

chrisw
03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Great Job Navid!

the ESP STI drivers on the subaru forums can't believe it 8)

How do you like the ohlins?

vtluu
03-07-2005, 06:38 PM
We were one short of making the class, so they bumped us up to BSP. Check out the BSP results! :lol:
:shock: Congratulations! :worthy:

From SCCAForums http://www.sccaforums.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/45/328 :

"One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?"

2005 LA ProSolo Results:

49.849 ASP GT2 Gunn-Wilkinson
50.229 ASP Z06 Berry
50.466 ESP Evo Kahangi
50.725 ASP Viper Scotty
51.081 BSP C4 Robertson
51.383 CSP Miata Doganis
51.402 CSP Miata Palmquist
51.726 BSP C4 Olsen
52.391 ESP Camaro Conor Botkin
:lol:

Navid@xperformance
03-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Great Job Navid!

The Ohlins are 10 times better than the JIC's we were using last year, but I'm affraid they won't be close to the Motons I have on order. :lol:

--Navid

wilson1
03-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Navid,

What kind of Motons are you getting?

Are they good only for autoX?

Navid@xperformance
03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Navid,

What kind of Motons are you getting?

Are they good only for autoX?

Triple adjustable racing, not the club sports. The car is going to do triple duty on track, autox and street (limited).

leif
03-07-2005, 08:35 PM
thats cuz jics are crap...lol i have them and i hate them. hopefully getting ohlins or DMS soon.

congrats btw.

Navid@xperformance
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
thats cuz jics are crap...lol i have them and i hate them. hopefully getting ohlins or DMS soon.

When you are ready, let me know. I can get you either one for a good price.

--Navid

chrisw
03-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Great Job Navid!

The Ohlins are 10 times better than the JIC's we were using last year, but I'm affraid they won't be close to the Motons I have on order. :lol:

--Navid

That's what I think as well. When the Ohlins wear out, I am probably going with DMS myself. Hopefully by then the exchange rate will make a better price. (one who bought DMS 50's when $1AUD = $0.50USD )

earlyapex
03-08-2005, 09:52 PM

congrats btw.

Heh, don't let mueller the chassis goddess hear you.

:o

leif
03-08-2005, 10:22 PM

congrats btw.

Heh, don't let mueller the chassis goddess hear you.

:o

lol ironically i had emailed john about his jics back in november and i just got an email today from them asking if i was still interested...lol, so much for customer service. and i must have called 50 times too..

earlyapex
03-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Don't take your JIC's to tahoe either unless you plan on bathing them in WD40 every 10 miles. These where mine after 1.5 tahoe seasons:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/for_sale/JICS_FOR_SALE/JIC04.jpg

vtluu
03-13-2005, 02:51 AM
3/12-13 San Diego National Tour results: http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/solo-05sandiego-sat.pdf

So far so good, Navid is already putting a beatdown on ESP with almost a full second's lead over 2nd place (also an Evo). Chris is a ways back in 5th; let's hope he stays ahead of that Dodge Dakota! :)

ez76
03-13-2005, 04:48 AM
http://www.nctd.com/00/00dodgedakota.jpg

wtf

vtluu
03-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Final results: http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/solo-05sandiego-sun.pdf

Congrats to Navid on a decisive victory in ESP! :bow: (When Winchell starts whining on SCCAForums, tell him to look at DSP and how that "overpowered" BMW 325is should also be moved to BSP/SM2. ;))

And I'm happy to see Chris did manage to stay ahead of the pickup truck. Congrats on a good showing and a 5th place finish!

Navid@xperformance
03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the congrats and the awesome suspension Tam!

Karl in DSP was on fire on his birthday. He beat Thomason in SM2. I think we should move 325is to ESP just to piss Jeff off.

--Navid

chrisw
03-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Final results: http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/File/solo-05sandiego-sun.pdf

Congrats to Navid on a decisive victory in ESP! :bow: (When Winchell starts whining on SCCAForums, tell him to look at DSP and how that "overpowered" BMW 325is should also be moved to BSP/SM2. ;))

And I'm happy to see Chris did manage to stay ahead of the pickup truck. Congrats on a good showing and a 5th place finish!

If I hadn't spun on the second day, and kept my last run clean I would have made the podium...

Navid ran such an awesome drive that I am running out of excuses... :lol:

earlyapex
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
If I hadn't spun on the second day, and kept my last run clean I would have made the podium...

So there are 4 spots on podiums now?

cerebus
03-15-2005, 08:13 PM
When are those Moltons going to arrive? I found them on the web and they seem like a great shock. How much do they cost?

wilson1
03-15-2005, 09:05 PM
i think they are liked 10k?

Navid@xperformance
03-16-2005, 11:58 AM
When are those Moltons going to arrive? I found them on the web and they seem like a great shock. How much do they cost?

They are around $7K. But that does not include springs or quick-releases for the external reservoir. You need to release the reservoir to locate it in the trunk for the rear suspension. Normally the racing shocks get fitted with high-end QR that has zero leak when you release it. That's for pro teams that remove the suspension multiple time a day. Those are $700 a pop :shock: . We can custom order ClubSport QR on the racing shocks. That reduces the price to $300/each.

They should be here in a week or two. :D

--Navid

MarkSAE
03-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I called RRE yesterday to inquire about their Buddy Club suspension that Robi said they were developing. They said they should be available in about a month. So I'm pretty stoked about getting a set of Muellerized Buddy Clubs. According to Robi, they perform almost like the JICs at the track while being much more civilized on the street.