PDA

View Full Version : Help with deciding which gauges to get!

TougeGod7
09-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi everybody. i'm about to buy 3 Defi BF series Gauges but i'm not sure which 3 i should get. i was thinking Boost, EGT, & Fuel Pressure. so what would u guys get and if anybody has any hookups on Defi BF gauges or Triple 60mm Dash Pod let me know. :lol:

Pure EvoIX
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
get boost, oil pressure, fuel pressure, wideband.

My setup is boost on steering column. Oil temp, oil pressure, egt on gruppe-s gauge panel 60mm.

RREVOVIII
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
i'd get boost,wideband, & EGT gauges.. you dont need a fuel pressure gauge unless your running Big Turbo,dual fuel pump, & 1000cc+ injectors ;)

TougeGod7
09-14-2008, 04:56 PM
i'd get boost,wideband, & EGT gauges.. you dont need a fuel pressure gauge unless your running Big Turbo,dual fuel pump, & 1000cc+ injectors ;)

i know need the fuel pressure gauge but i was thinking of going E85 witch requires 1000cc injectors or bigger

Pure EvoIX
09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
hell get them all :) 3 on rexspeed gauge pod. 3 on gruppe-s gauge panel and 2 on steering column.

RREVOVIII
09-14-2008, 06:00 PM
hell get them all :) 3 on rexspeed gauge pod. 3 on gruppe-s gauge panel and 2 on steering column.
+1 :lol:

what MODS you got on the car right now??

TougeGod7
09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
+1 :lol:

what MODS you got on the car right now??

car is stock right now. but i'm going to do ets 3" tb and drop-in air filter and get tuned for E85 at GST with one of their packages they have for E85

RREVOVIII
09-14-2008, 06:47 PM
i'd say you should be good with all that comes on E85 Package, and get get some of the Options offered to support all MODS....

TougeGod7
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
out of curiosity how accurate are the gauges that come with the Evo 9 MR

RREVOVIII
09-14-2008, 08:31 PM
stock gauges are ok if you stay stock. but ones you start modding they wont be as accurate as they was, especially the boost gauge...

TougeGod7
09-14-2008, 08:32 PM
stock gauges are ok if you'll stay stock. but ones you start modding they wont be as accurate as they was, especially the boost gauge...

ok i think i'll just keep them for now and put them where my radio is and put the radio down where they are :D. thanx for all the help

PANGES
09-18-2008, 05:56 PM

Why do you need a wideband and EGT at the same time?

lqdchkn
09-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking of getting rid on my BF's and control unit. I have Boost and Oil pressure, with the optional visors and all manuals. I'll let everything go for $500.

TougeGod7
09-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm thinking of getting rid on my BF's and control unit. I have Boost and Oil pressure, with the optional visors and all manuals. I'll let everything go for $500.

thats kinda pricey don't ya think :? it would be a different story if u had 3 gauges though :D

Mr Evo
09-18-2008, 08:53 PM
im selling some gauges http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,33718.0.html

TougeGod7
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
im selling some gauges http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,33718.0.html

those are nice but i'm looking for some Defi BF gauges because they match the cars gauge cluster and they black out when turned off :D

Mr Evo
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
ha alright yeah i want tho's two

TougeGod7
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
ha alright yeah i want tho's two

lol i call dibs on any Defi Bf gauges being sold :D

lqdchkn
09-18-2008, 10:11 PM

thats kinda pricey don't ya think :? it would be a different story if u had 3 gauges though :D

No not really. I priced them new just to be sure and the same guages and control unit go for like $630 - $745, not including the visors, shipping and/or tax. Price them your self online. ;)

TougeGod7
09-18-2008, 11:34 PM

No not really. I priced them new just to be sure and the same guages and control unit go for like $630 - $745, not including the visors, shipping and/or tax. Price them your self online. ;)

if you buy the control unit and the 2 gauges new from SpeedElement it will cost me $580

Defi Link Control Unit II: $100
Defi Link Meter BF Boost Amber Imperial (psi): $225
Defi Link Meter BF Oil Pressure Amber Imperial: $255

so yeah ur stuff is kinda overpriced :?

lqdchkn
09-19-2008, 09:49 AM

if you buy the control unit and the 2 gauges new from SpeedElement it will cost me $580

Defi Link Control Unit II: $100
Defi Link Meter BF Boost Amber Imperial (psi): $225
Defi Link Meter BF Oil Pressure Amber Imperial: $255

so yeah ur stuff is kinda overpriced :?

= $580
+tax = $47

= $627

So not really. :P

Unless you buy it all together in their "2 pack" then you pay $745.

RREVOVIII
09-19-2008, 10:06 AM

you dont need to have them both at the same time, i just mentioned them cause instead of him getting a fuel pressure and an oil temp gauges, he can just get the Boost, wideband, & EGT, due to the mods that he's only gonna have on his car...

PANGES
09-19-2008, 04:45 PM

you dont need to have them both at the same time, i just mentioned them cause instead of him getting a fuel pressure and an oil temp gauges, he can just get the Boost, wideband, & EGT, due to the mods that he's only gonna have on his car...

So you're suggesting he run a boost, wideband, and EGT at the same time?... why would you need an EGT if you have a wideband?

earlyapex aka jack ass
09-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I was a big fan of EGT for a long arse time.

In this day of great data logging and cheap widebands, I would save the money that would be spent on a EGT Gauge and get something else.

Track whore = water temp and oil temp
Street whore = water temp
Supra hwy chaser, your life begins at 150mph = EGT
Old pos evo with 100k miles and 3 owners modded 3 different times and brought back to stock 3 different times = fuel pressure/oil pressure

EveIX
09-19-2008, 05:11 PM
I got the 3 BF gauges with the defi link II and then the boost gauge on the steering column for around $1800 at Speedelement. thats with install which took a few hours due to some complexities with the 9's oil pump bolts. Gauges I got were oil temp, oil pressure and water temp....

byt
09-19-2008, 08:48 PM
^ wow that's a lot to spend on gauges but as long as you're happy...

TougeGod7
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
^ wow that's a lot to spend on gauges but as long as you're happy...

+1 :crazyeyes: :yikes: :jawdrop: :sneaky: :stoned:

EveIX
09-21-2008, 01:25 AM
I got the 3 BF gauges with the defi link II and then the boost gauge on the steering column for around $1800 at Speedelement. thats with install which took a few hours due to some complexities with the 9's oil pump bolts. Gauges I got were oil temp, oil pressure and water temp....

I looked at my invoice and forgot that I also got more. It was the 3 BF gauges (oil temp, oil pres, water temp), The boost gauge Red Racer Defi, the autometer steering column pod, the adapters for all them, the Defi II link, the fuel pump, the radio relocation kit, and install. So with all that it came to around $1800.

RREVOVIII
09-24-2008, 12:23 AM

So you're suggesting he run a boost, wideband, and EGT at the same time?... why would you need an EGT if you have a wideband?
both wideband and EGT helps alot in fine tuning the car on a different weather condition, and fuel octane differences, youll never know when the wideband sensor goes bad, mostly when its bad it tends to read richer AFR, but if your EGT reads higher temps, that means your running lean afr instead. i had set mine to run a max temp of 1600*F up top, and cruise on 1410*F and 15.2 afr.........

EvOlUtIoN_IX_SE
03-05-2009, 02:49 PM
my girl just picked up the defi boost, oil press and i was planning on getting the gt3076 from ams so i was going to get the fuel press because i wanted to make 450awhp and then the rally sport direct dash gauge and a wideband on the column...does those gauges seem right for my set up? dont want to thread jack just looking for input since this thread is already up and i dont want to start another one of the same thing