PDA

View Full Version : 2nd loud exhaust citation

spoolinalltheway
09-18-2008, 11:56 AM
so late last month i got pulled over for a loud exhaust violation. This is my 2nd loud exhaust citation already. On the ticket, it says it is a correctable violation in which i did for my 1st loud exhaust violation. Well today i get the courtesy notice from traffic court and it says for the amount for proof of correction: N/A? and i only have the option of paying the fine which is $150. So the question i have is that do you only get one chance to fix a correctable violation? And when the second time comes around, you are not able to correct it? Remember on my ticket it says it is corretable. Thanks for the help guys

MaxKanisha
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I would like to know this as well.. And does this go for any fix-it ticket in general? (I.E. Tinted windows, no front license plate, etc.)

ChuckP
09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Ive gotten 3 fix it tickets for tint, same vehicle.

MaxKanisha
09-18-2008, 02:51 PM

Can the cops see that you've been ticketed for it before when they initially pull you over? And were they all correctable?

ChuckP
09-18-2008, 02:54 PM

Can the cops see that you've been ticketed for it before when they initially pull you over? And were they all correctable?

I dont believe thay have access to your previous tickets.

MaxKanisha
09-18-2008, 02:59 PM
All 3 of your tint fix-it tickets were correctable?

ChuckP
09-18-2008, 03:02 PM

correct. Each time i took my front tints off, got ticket signed off, retinted the same day.

MaxKanisha
09-18-2008, 03:10 PM
^ LOL niiice.. I plan to do the same.

mtsevovii
09-18-2008, 03:30 PM

correct. Each time i took my front tints off, got ticket signed off, retinted the same day.

thats the price you pay for tint huh.. :eek:

SavageEvo8
09-18-2008, 03:33 PM
you should be able to get it signed off if its correctable. ive never heard of such a thing, being a limit.....

ChuckP
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM

thats the price you pay for tint huh.. :eek:

I got a freind who does it for a living, so i dont pay much. I hate sitting in traffic getting fried by the sun, so it''s worth it to me.

JDMevoBOOST
09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
How much will your friend charge fellow forum dudes? Myself, Fa-Q, and one other member are looking for a tint hook. We want relatively light tint. (I prefer 70% to be legal as possible)

Is he willing to help us out?

ChuckP
09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
How much will your friend charge fellow forum dudes? Myself, Fa-Q, and one other member are looking for a tint hook. We want relatively light tint. (I prefer 70% to be legal as possible)

I will ask him. I had him tint my buddies prelude for $150. He would prolly charge a lil extra for the +2 windows.

spoolinalltheway
09-19-2008, 03:37 PM
you should be able to get it signed off if its correctable. ive never heard of such a thing, being a limit.....

on the courtesy notice it say that if on "amount of proof of correction" say N/A you cant get it corrected. So i guess there is a limit. but im going to traffic court today. thanksg usy

deaddawg
09-19-2008, 04:24 PM
it used to be that any fix-it ticket could be signed off by a police officer and you could show the signed off ticket to the court, and that would be it. Now however "The Man" has realized this is yet another way to fill their coffers. A friend of mine was ticketed in his Evo for a long list of "Fix-it" items and ended up putting his car back to stock, yet still had to pay over $500. The moral is: If you want to mod, be prepared to bend over for the man

Sfkn2
09-19-2008, 10:12 PM

I'm the third member! :)

ChuckP
09-21-2008, 05:19 PM

$180 a car.

Lurk
09-22-2008, 07:40 AM

$180 a car.

What brand film does your friend use?

Unowned
09-26-2008, 06:42 PM

$180 a car.

3M, lifetime warrenty

Does he have access to the new 3M Crystalline film?

ChuckP
09-27-2008, 11:08 AM

$180 a car.

He uses Lumar film, not 3M, my bad.

ChuckP
09-27-2008, 11:09 AM

$180 a car.

3M, lifetime warrenty

Does he have access to the new 3M Crystalline film?

He doesn't like 3M, says its crap compared to lumar.

GsxEcutioner
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I never corrected my exhaust, Always had cops sign off though aha ; ], and the answer is NO, no limit, My homie has a Prelude, has been caught with Straight pipe once and went to Ref. and two more times for CORRECTABLE Exhaust TIckets.

spoolinalltheway
11-22-2008, 03:07 PM
got the case dismissed!!!! saved me $124

CasperIXse
11-22-2008, 07:38 PM
^howd you do that?

warpspeed
11-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Just remember that you cannot put tint on the driver's side no matter how light it is but the rest is okay. So if you want to get pulled over,get a ticket for the tint, take it off, pay to put it back on, then go ahead. My money and time it too important for that. I heard also that some counties do take tabs on how many correctable citations your get and for the same offense, it goes up. Going back to the exhaust, even though, for example you get a ref. saying that your exhaust is in compliance, you can still get a ticket for a loud exhaust. Remember, that the vehicle code is up to the discretion of the officer. Even though you show the papers about your exhaust, he can say: " how do I know this is the same exhaust you got tested. You could have switched it."

GsxEcutioner
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Just remember that you cannot put tint on the driver's side no matter how light it is but the rest is okay. So if you want to get pulled over,get a ticket for the tint, take it off, pay to put it back on, then go ahead. My money and time it too important for that. I heard also that some counties do take tabs on how many correctable citations your get and for the same offense, it goes up. Going back to the exhaust, even though, for example you get a ref. saying that your exhaust is in compliance, you can still get a ticket for a loud exhaust. Remember, that the vehicle code is up to the discretion of the officer. Even though you show the papers about your exhaust, he can say: " how do I know this is the same exhaust you got tested. You could have switched it."

Its not Illegal to have front tint, its ok up to 35%

Ben
11-24-2008, 12:35 AM

Shitty thing is if a cop thinks it looks like more than 35% tint then he will give you that gay fix it.

ChuckP
11-24-2008, 06:33 PM

You are simply wrong.

mtsevovii
11-24-2008, 10:55 PM

You are simply wrong.

indeed he is. :lol:

TcJayLee
11-25-2008, 01:10 PM
^I have 35% on my drivers side and got a ticket. The officer said that its simply against the law to have tinting on driver and passenger side windows.

ChuckP
11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
^I have 35% on my drivers side and got a ticket. The officer said that its simply against the law to have tinting on driver and passenger side windows.

You win

06IXMR
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM

Well I just looked it up and from diffrent sources they say, it must allow 70% light to pass through but, CHP says all tint is illegal......LOL

ChuckP
11-27-2008, 08:47 PM
70% is pretty much how most auto windows roll out the factory. The glass itself is slightly tinted.

jessmanEVO
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm running 20% and drove through Fremont a couple of times and survived :lol: . I find it that CHPs are more of an asshole than SOME FPD.

Unowned
12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm running 20% and drove through Fremont a couple of times and survived :lol: . I find it that CHPs are more of an asshole than SOME FPD.

They are mainly into the Front plate law since it's major revenues when you run a red light camera intersection.