PDA

View Full Version : Cops <3 burrito shooter

whiteizright
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I hate reading through the posts in this section cause it pisses me off, but figured id share my story.

Was picking up a friend in Campbell and was rolling down Eden between San Thomas and Winchester. I come to a stop sign and see a cop swing out behind me. I thought aw crap i dunno how fast i was just going, so i played it cool and drove real gentle and short shifted and all that crap. Well, didnt make it past 5mph he lights me up. First thing he says, "your exhaust is illegal" (imagine that?). then he asks if ive ever been arrested, have i been finger printed and do i have anything illegal? Im thinking wtf no, im a sheltered white boy from sunnyvale i dont have anything illegal (except for the car). He asks me if he can search for anything illegal. I figured i would just go along with it and let him do what he wants since he didnt seem like he was too interested in the car. I step out and he freaking searched me for drugs. Found my pocket knife and chapstick so dont think he was too happy that he had no reason to bust me. He checked my tint too and said it was ok. Then he told me about how if i get caught with the exhaust i could go to the ref and its gonna cost me 1000 bucks to fix it. I said yeah ok thats nice, and before he lets me go he asks "are you sure you dont have any tattoos and havent been arrested?" im like yeah im pretty sure, so he let me go with no ticket. Ordering a tip silencer and might put the cat back in. My friends can hear me coming a few blocks away so probably need to steal it out a bit..haha *relief*

Positron
10-01-2008, 08:41 PM
damn bummer man. I been in a simliar situation like that in East San Jose. Padded down for drugs/weapons, cops searching deep into my engine bay for mods and etc.

whiteizright
10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
yeah im glad he didnt go into the car. no stealth once the hood is popped

SpinOne05
10-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Don't get all scared and make ur car lose power by putting a cat back in . Everyone gets pulled over once in a while. You should be thrilled, odds are you won't get pulled over again for a while.

player67
10-02-2008, 01:26 AM
tattoos!?!? LOL man, thats a new one.

mtsevovii
10-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Don't get all scared and make ur car lose power by putting a cat back in . Everyone gets pulled over once in a while. You should be thrilled, odds are you won't get pulled over again for a while.

:lol: you just jinxed him

SpinOne05
10-02-2008, 06:43 AM

:lol: you just jinxed him

Hmmmm...yes I did.

Better put it ALL back to stock.

dabaysevo
10-02-2008, 08:22 AM
^He'll still get pulled over though, you ruined it. He should sell his evo now. Look what you did.

SavageEvo8
10-02-2008, 08:28 AM
probable cause, with my exhaust ill give the right to open my hood and inspect, but without any real reason theres no way in hell hes laying a finger inside my car, even with nothing in there but registration and insurance cards. ive denied the searching of my car..... its nice knowing your rights.....

Ben
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
This is why I love having a stealth engine bay :D. That cop must have been super bored. Cops don't pull over white people unless they are rednecks. Oh and this thread title is misleading. I was expecting talk of burritos which happen to be my favoritest food evar.

SavageEvo8
10-02-2008, 08:46 AM
+1 for stealth, aside from my exhaust and a CARB legal intake, nothing else looks outta the norm. well i do have an oil catch can, but eh.....

Ben
10-02-2008, 08:58 AM
+1 for stealth, aside from my exhaust and a CARB legal intake, nothing else looks outta the norm. well i do have an oil catch can, but eh.....

The average dumbass cop will tell you that that's NAAAWWSSS

SavageEvo8
10-02-2008, 09:00 AM
i know it, im planning on taking the can out soon, or painting it black and tucking it a little more....kinda like you tuck your balls when people arent watching

awdaddict
10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
probable cause, with my exhaust ill give the right to open my hood and inspect, but without any real reason theres no way in hell hes laying a finger inside my car, even with nothing in there but registration and insurance cards. ive denied the searching of my car..... its nice knowing your rights.....

+1

OP gave up his rights...

SpinOne05
10-02-2008, 10:01 AM
i know it, im planning on taking the can out soon, or painting it black and tucking it a little more....kinda like you tuck your balls when cross dressing.

fixed!

SavageEvo8
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
i know it, im planning on taking the can out soon, or painting it black and tucking it a little more....kinda like you tuck your balls when cross dressing.

fixed!

:dumas: definately fixed for truth

whiteizright
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM

+1

OP gave up his rights...

I knew i had the right to refuse a search. He looked grumpy and i didnt know how far i could push it before he just wrote me a ref ticket and sent me on my way. Never dealt with cops till i got the evo, lmao.

SavageEvo8
10-02-2008, 10:46 AM
ya, i was nice in the beginning also, then i got tired of being fucked with and learned a little traffic law. now, i tell cops to fuck off, litterally, if they arent doing their job properly

zerosixMR
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I hate reading through the posts in this section cause it pisses me off, but figured id share my story.

Was picking up a friend in Campbell and was rolling down Eden between San Thomas and Winchester. I come to a stop sign and see a cop swing out behind me. I thought aw crap i dunno how fast i was just going, so i played it cool and drove real gentle and short shifted and all that crap. Well, didnt make it past 5mph he lights me up. First thing he says, "your exhaust is illegal" (imagine that?). then he asks if ive ever been arrested, have i been finger printed and do i have anything illegal? Im thinking wtf no, im a sheltered white boy from sunnyvale i dont have anything illegal (except for the car). He asks me if he can search for anything illegal. I figured i would just go along with it and let him do what he wants since he didnt seem like he was too interested in the car. I step out and he freaking searched me for drugs. Found my pocket knife and chapstick so dont think he was too happy that he had no reason to bust me. He checked my tint too and said it was ok. Then he told me about how if i get caught with the exhaust i could go to the ref and its gonna cost me 1000 bucks to fix it. I said yeah ok thats nice, and before he lets me go he asks "are you sure you dont have any tattoos and havent been arrested?" im like yeah im pretty sure, so he let me go with no ticket. Ordering a tip silencer and might put the cat back in. My friends can hear me coming a few blocks away so probably need to steal it out a bit..haha *relief*

You gave up your rights. The right thing to do was to tell him: No, my exhaust isn't illegal and under what probable cause are you wanting to search me and my car for? Unless he smelled some sweet cheeba burning inside your car or saw something out in the open that signified probable cause, he had no right to search you.

whiteizright
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM

No, my exhaust isn't illegal and under what probable cause are you wanting to search me and my car for?

I think my exhaust is illegal. Nonetheless, you are both right. I will read up on the vehicle laws and rights so I will at least know it if i need to use it.

zerosixMR
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM

No, my exhaust isn't illegal and under what probable cause are you wanting to search me and my car for?

I think my exhaust is illegal. Nonetheless, you are both right. I will read up on the vehicle laws and rights so I will at least know it if i need to use it.

He asked you, which probably means he didn't know. I've attended some of these "illegal modification" classes that are given to officers. They are pure crap. Basically, they teach them "look for anything shiny or irregular"
which an angled burrito shooter is.

whiteizright
10-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Haha, got it. Flat black spray paint ftw

SavageEvo8
10-02-2008, 11:11 AM
one thing i can tell you thru experience also is that the sound decibal level, does not have to be proven right by the officer. it is in their discretion to ticket you. it is up to you to provide a sounds test during the fight process to get that type of scenario cleared. just an FYI but kinda OT

whiteizright
10-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Good to know. My exhaust is HELLA loud. I am considering a tip silencer or a different exhaust. I can always pull the tip silencer out for the track.

Susp3nc3
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
rofl at tattoos...I havn't been pulled over for exhaust yet but mine is damn loud. Thats why i took off my wing (lot less profiling)