PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Leaking

neogenetik
03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
I woke up this morning and found some fluid leaking
i havent had time to get under the car
but the leak is in between the tie bars
and i was thinking please dont be a differential

and i looked under my hood and my diff fluid has been decreased?
any help would be great to find and figure out this problem and how i can fix it thanks
ej

nebolic
03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
no worries, i'd take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. make sure you take your BOV and Boost controller off. Just to be on the safe side in case they are dick and want to void your warranty.

Nebo

neogenetik
03-11-2005, 08:29 AM
do i gotta take my boost gauge off too?

SouthernCrane
03-11-2005, 08:34 AM
do i gotta take my boost gauge off too?
You should be fine with that on there, but you never know with some dealerships.

neogenetik
03-11-2005, 08:36 AM
newb daymnit here

i rechecked the leak
and it seems to be water

and i check my fluid and its back at a MAX
where as when i checked was at a min after i drove it

any help?

ej

nebolic
03-11-2005, 08:55 AM
okay two quick things

boost gauge is no problem, if they give you a hard time, just tell them the MR comes with a boost gauge so they can kiss your ass.

The fluid, if its waters... chances are its from your A/C. did you leave your a/c button turned on after you switched off the car? if you did, then the fluid leaked is from the a/c. And water leaked isn't a problem.

:D

Nebo

P.S which dealer are you gonna take your Evo too?

vtluu
03-11-2005, 08:57 AM
and i check my fluid and its back at a MAX
where as when i checked was at a min after i drove it
What fluid? Radiator/coolant? The reservoir can fill up a bit as coolant overflows into it. If it overflows the reservoir it'll just spill out onto the ground which is maybe what you saw?

The intercooler sprayer reservoir (if you have one--'03-'04 Evos) also just overflows onto the ground if overfilled; the manual says fill it with wiper fluid (so it doesn't freeze) but I just put in distilled water (I'm not driving the Evo anywhere that cold).

Also, if you just washed your car or it just rained, some water can pool up in places and just drip out after you have it parked.

neogenetik
03-11-2005, 09:06 AM
i think it may be that

i think its just overfilled water because that all i saw and smelled and all that good stuff