PDA

View Full Version : RSR Ex Mag II Exhaust System

TogueMonster
03-13-2005, 06:43 AM
Does anyone have an RSR Ex Mag II on thier Evo?? Just wondering how it sounds and how well it works(hp). I am considering this or the Espelir JGT. I was thinking Veilside Titanium Teardrop exhaust, but for $1100, I could get a turbo back system ya know? Thanks for your help. :wink:

GReddy_917
03-13-2005, 09:44 AM
SouthernCrane has the RSR Exhaust.

SouthernCrane
03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
SouthernCrane has the RSR Exhaust.

Yes I do. The sound of the exhaust is great. It's on the louder side, but does have a silencer if needed. If you are going to be at the meet next week, you can hear it. Perhaps I'll bring my dB meter again and we can see how loud it is compared to the other exhausts we have already tested.

I don't know how much power it has given me since I don't have any dyno documentation, but I'm guessing all catbacks will give you gains within 5 WHP of eachother.

rexorz
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
i got the exmag gt2. i love this exhaust.

brwnrice
03-13-2005, 02:03 PM
the exhaust has a great straight through design also it doesnt have any resonator so it might be a little bit loud :wink:

bdking57
03-16-2005, 11:18 PM
This exhaust is suprisingly not that loud. If you plan on running the silencer.. the exhaust note will barely get any attention at lower rpms. When I took the silencer out, it seemed pretty loud at first.. but seem to get more quiet as time passed.

The RSR setup is not the lightest equipment in the world.. its pretty heavy, and seems pretty thick. I think this is what keep the Db in the cabin to a minimum. With the design being so great.. and price relatively cheap its a pretty good deal. The downside is the weight.. probably weights 20lbs more then a Ti setup.

jeffreywrc
03-17-2005, 10:50 PM
This exhaust is suprisingly not that loud. If you plan on running the silencer.. the exhaust note will barely get any attention at lower rpms. When I took the silencer out, it seemed pretty loud at first.. but seem to get more quiet as time passed.

The RSR setup is not the lightest equipment in the world.. its pretty heavy, and seems pretty thick. I think this is what keep the Db in the cabin to a minimum. With the design being so great.. and price relatively cheap its a pretty good deal. The downside is the weight.. probably weights 20lbs more then a Ti setup.

Exactly...

spoolin
03-18-2005, 04:35 PM
I have this exhaust too... its really not all that loud! for an exhaust that has no resonators and almost 100% straight piping, i was impressed on how quiet it is. I actually wanted more sound, so i got a helix downpipe and high flow cat. Now it sounds perfefct!

bdking57
03-18-2005, 08:33 PM
oh yeah.. just FYI my experience is based on the RsR catback with a helix high flow cat, DP and 02 housing

evo222
03-30-2005, 01:46 PM
I have this exhaust with the RSR downpipe(includes test pipe). Love it, thought it was too loud at first but got used to it. Great exhaust for a good price.