PDA

View Full Version : Ams built GT 35R X

Unowned
10-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Okay i'm gonna pull a wilson :lol: except get it right. I'm glad more companies are ready to throw on some big turbos on the X and start making power. The spool of a 35R on an X is almost 500 rpm sooner than on most CT9As which is amazing (probably due to MIVEC on the exhaust). Let's watch the reliability over the next few months and hopefully get some updates after it's been tracked a bunch of times.

Thread: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=373187

In anticipation of our EVOX going to Mitsubishi MOD day tomorrow, I had to get the X on the dyno to get it drivable and running well with our turbo kit that is currently attached to it.

The ECU is very finicky on these car and requires some careful calibration to keep limp modes from popping up in adverse situations.

Mod list is as follows:

AMS FMIC
AMS UICP
AMS Intake pipe
AMS MBC
AMS high flow fuel rail
Full AMS 3" straight through exhaust

Prototype AMS V-band turbo kit with 35R
Prototype Deatsch Works 800cc direct drop in fuel injectors

STOCK fuel pump

The waste gate spring we are running is a bit much for the setup currently. The boost starts off at 21 psi and is at about 26 psi by the time I let out of the throttle. Also, at about 7700 rpms, the car is excessively lean because of the stock fuel pump dropping pressure (12.5:1).

Because of the boost creep this thing makes power like a honda. However, the VE on this motor is very good to begin with so I am anxious to see what a 35R will do on this kit when the boost is held constant.

Anyways, here is the chart! I'd pull it higher in the R's and make even more HP, but it is so crazy lean, there is no way I can do that!! The results this far have been very impressive to say the least!!

http://amsteam.net/files/3/AMSEVOX-35r-creep.jpg

Daniel
10-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Am I reading this correctly??

485.77 peak AWHP at only 26psi on a stock fuel pump? ...

:o

bricel24
10-13-2008, 09:56 AM
My Lord!

willitas34
10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
dynojet dude

But it is going to be very intersting to see what Bryan will do when he begins tuning! :)

Daniel
10-24-2008, 04:44 PM
dynojet dude

But it is going to be very intersting to see what Bryan will do when he begins tuning! :)

I fail for not seeing the DJ. :(

daii2y
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
is this the same X in the 2008 USCC?

wilson1
10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
wow, hahahaa

Boostd4
10-25-2008, 12:45 AM
These are the exciting times...can't wait to see more results on fine tuning and reliability.