PDA

View Full Version : Anyone smell stuff while idling at a stop?

ZK
10-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Whenever I'm at a stop idling with the fan on, there's this smell that comes from the air vents. I have no idea what it is... maybe I'm smelling exhaust fumes? Only when I have the fan on and stopped. When I have the fan off or recirculation there's no smell.

Is this just one of those new car smells that burn off later?

dabaysevo
10-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Did you eat nachos today? That could be it.

nebolic
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
is it the moldy smell from the a/c?

nebo

MR EVO 8
10-15-2008, 09:14 PM
You may want to replace your in cabin air filter... Or add one if you didn't already.

When I do run the A/C, I usually turn the A/C off and let the fan run before I turn off the car.

RREVOVIII
10-15-2008, 09:15 PM
i smell my exhaust fumes while idling during warm ups every morning :D

Boostd4
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I had a metallic smell (I guess that's the right description) before I hit the 2K mile mark. I think you're just smelling new metals and plastics. For a long time I had a strong clutch like smell coming from the car after parking in my garage. It was a combination of shipping coating burning off and parts breaking in.

ZK
10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I had a metallic smell (I guess that's the right description) before I hit the 2K mile mark. I think you're just smelling new metals and plastics. For a long time I had a strong clutch like smell coming from the car after parking in my garage. It was a combination of shipping coating burning off and parts breaking in.

Ok, that might be it... I'm getting to 3K soon but smell it. Smells kinda plasticy...

When I first turn on the fan after I bought it, it blew some grey colored smoke at me and the smell was real bad.

ZK
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Alright, I guess I'll see if it continues... I did WOT on an onramp and after i let off the throttle, the smell was coming through the vents.

Unowned
10-16-2008, 02:44 PM

ditto they went away or else i got used to them :)