PDA

View Full Version : SSQV problem, HELP!

EvoVIII
02-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Just got this SSQV from BlueEvo, this will be a ssqv from a Elcipes set up, after we Installed it with the recirculate kit, it feels fine for a while until maybe my car is fully warmed up, and when i get to a complete stop the car was about to stall, anybody else have experience with this ssqv got the similar problem before? is it the adjustment that is having problem? will this damage my turbo/or if the valve didn't release enough air? or should i vent it or leave it recirculate? because if i vent it my car will probably stall and die? and I don't have much pssh sound..... sounds even worst then stock lolz, but it holds the Boost pretty good vs the Stock.

nebolic
02-08-2004, 12:02 AM
well first if you recirc it back into the intake there will be no Phssssh sound... the phssssh sound comes from the BOV venting the air to the atmosphere, so if you want that sound, Vent to Air (VTA). With your stumbling and stalling issue, you are going to have to adjust the BOV it is an adjustment issue, read the manual and it should tell you how to adjust it. Also, if you are going to VTA you are going to have to adjust the way you drive the car to prevent it from stalling.

You might get some compressor surge from the BOV but i dont think anything to major (someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

EvoVIII
02-08-2004, 02:17 AM
well i really don't care about the pusssh sound, i really care about the performance of the bov of how it hold up my 22psi which it did way better then stock, coz i could see it from my boost guage reading and my car pull way better at top end, but i am just scare it will harm my turbo if i don't adjust it right.. beside..... instruction is in japanese..... :? helpp me outtttt

evo_dadi
02-08-2004, 02:22 AM
we had the same problem with my buddy's car,it just needs to be adjusted since right now the bov is leaking and its making your rpm drop too low that it seems like its gonna stall. what you can do for now is if you know you're gonna hit a full stop let it coast on neutral so the rpm doenst get too low. dont tap the gas though since it will just make the rpm drop quicker.

BluEvo
02-08-2004, 03:07 AM
EvoVIII,

I'm sorry to hear that the bov was acting up. U and I didn't notice anything like that when we test drove it after we had installed it. It was not stalling or bogging after driving it at wot and slowing. I can honestly say that i didn't and wouldn't sell u a bad part. I bought it brand new from Exact Motorsport in Milpitas. He stated that the 99' Eclipse bov set up would fit for the Evo VIII (per HKS). When i had it recirculated, i didn't have any probs with it at all. Then again, i didn't have any other mods while i was running it. U have upgraded mods that might require u to adjust the bov screw to ur specific needs. I've read around in ppls installs that the only probs that came along, where when they set it vta. This far i have not read of anyone commenting they had probs recirculting it. Please feel free to pm me or give me a call regaurding the matter.

EvoVIII
02-08-2004, 09:22 AM
noooooo, you got me wrong, ur hks bov is fine, is just that maybe my car is running richer then other Evos in here coz you know how my car pull and done a little more mod to it, so i brough it to my friend house and he adjusted the BOV to a stiffer setting and now it is not stallin as bad or stallin at all. but i am just concern that it may harm my turbo by not releasing enough air on time because is too stiff

BluEvo
02-08-2004, 12:50 PM
noooooo, you got me wrong, ur hks bov is fine, is just that maybe my car is running richer then other Evos in here coz you know how my car pull and done a little more mod to it, so i brough it to my friend house and he adjusted the BOV to a stiffer setting and now it is not stallin as bad or stallin at all. but i am just concern that it may harm my turbo by not releasing enough air on time because is too stiff

thats cool. hope everything works out for u.

EvoVIII
02-09-2004, 08:17 PM
ok...... i had enough with the adjustment.... dying still occur when ever i go fast and stop :evil:

EvoVIII
02-09-2004, 08:19 PM
we had the same problem with my buddy's car,it just needs to be adjusted since right now the bov is leaking and its making your rpm drop too low that it seems like its gonna stall. what you can do for now is if you know you're gonna hit a full stop let it coast on neutral so the rpm doenst get too low. dont tap the gas though since it will just make the rpm drop quicker.

hmmm since your frd car is doing it, have he fixed the problem yet? got any idea why it keeps on doing that? i really dont want this to harm my turbo

evo_dadi
02-09-2004, 08:27 PM
we just got the stock back on,im just wondering how much boost a gst holds since the bov we got say its for an eclipse.we might switch to a greddy type s or the one works is selling.

EvoVIII
02-10-2004, 11:11 PM
man.... i guess i have to switch it back out too then.... umm blueEvo u think i can switch my money back? :cry: it just doesn't work on my car....

EvolvedDSM
02-10-2004, 11:39 PM
DSMs typically run mid to high teens on pump gas. The BOV should be the same, it's the install kit that would differ. It does taken some playing with to get the adjustment right.

However, it's quite possible that EVOVIII has a tempermental car that just doesn't like the HKS SS. It wouldn't be the first time.

LEVIII
05-27-2004, 08:13 PM
I have the HKS SSQV on my evo and have some minor stalling problems, but I ordered the electronic idle stabilizer that promises to fix all and still VTA.

kataklyzm
06-24-2004, 09:31 PM
do what i do. after you floor it let it coast in gear for a little bit before going into neutral or hitting the clutch. havent stalled once since someone here told me that trick