PDA

View Full Version : 941700015 MAP to MAF Patch: It works.

evoredy
10-19-2008, 05:30 PM
EDIT: added 5.10
cross post from evom:

hello all,

I have completed porting bez's map-to-maf patch to the 94170015 rom. i am happy with the results.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5980/mappatchpo2.png

i have modded tephra's 94170015 v5.8 rom and have kept all of his functionality as the MAP patch is pretty transparent.

what this does:

based on what i can tell, there is a map calibration table for your current sensor (mine is and 03 EVO 8 MDP so i have fudged some values that work great lol). it is used solely for this patch. there is a MAP temperature compensation table also solely for this patch which i have kept flat as per bez's original (probably will come in handy when going MAP only i dunno). finally there is a map to maf offset which i have set to 128 (int16/big endian/still need to figure out exactly wtf this does lol) and a map to maf linear VE Table which i have set to use MAF during the latter ranges (noted value as '255').

basically, when MAP/MDP reading is vacume, the ECU will use MAP/MDP for fueling. you can prabably conclude this by my settings. this is great because I have different IC piping/Agency Power MAF pipe from hell/k&n cone/gt35r/272 cams/injectors/etc etc.

i'm going to loosley conclude that these settings will work great on stock MDP'd evo 8's (94170015 variant) with any maf pipe/intake setup and not cause the dreaded idle stumble. remember, this is in the alpha stage of testing and may not produce my results on another evo. I have driven around a lot and tested this out. also, i have verified MAF is working during boost with my WB02. I have not logged the memory addresses and hope someone with time can and create better tables/explanations. patch is simple and i have not disabled any maf error routines/so you cannot unplug it just yet.

SETTING THESE TABLES DIFFERENTLY WILL MAKE YOU RUN LINEAR MAP AND THUS LEAN UNDER HIGH BOOST SO DON'T TRY TUNING THIS WITHOUT A WB02/LIVE GAUGE :updown:

here are the addresses:

FFFF898C is MAF value emulated by new MAP Routine
FFFF8988 is RAW MAF VALUE (sub_B8EC)
FFFF8984 is a it after filter (i'm guessing MAP or MAF depending on offset/VE table)

to keep a good control, use ecuflash 1.39.2192 with the included full 94170015.xml file (includes tables/values/periphery/leanspool/some useful stuff)
take care when using this and PLEASE transfer all of your settings over as even i forget to do so sometimes. again, make sure to have a WB02.

RREVOVIII
10-19-2008, 05:55 PM
nice very interesting!

evoredy
11-06-2008, 11:54 PM
to update,

an evom user fed up with his lift off stall using a bigger turbo and a maf pipe has had success with this patch to combat lift off stall. idle settings can be turned back to near stock..if not stock and and the settings in the original patch can be used with an and 015 evo8 w/ mdp. (3bar settings will come later if i get one/not hard to adjust if you have one)

personally, i have switched my anemic 3" maf pipe to a dejon 4" pipe and have zero issues with lift off stall--all idle setting are stock. (timing has been ramped up to 6 degrees in the lower idle area for cams and such..but i'm sure stock is ok too).

difference is night and day with a different intake pipe on boost recovery and overall peformace. afr's are still dialed as they were when dyno-tuned. at one point, my new maf pipe squeezed itself out of the coupler on the turbo side (yikes) and was basically hanging by the diverter tube...i didn't notice it at ALL at idle, but after 1200 or so it would stutter a bit as too much unmetered air was going through. this basically means a VTA bov will not cause your car to stall with the settings as it sits/untested but safe to say.

i will port this to the 05 rendition of tephra's v5.10 for another guy and see how it works. i am very happy with the drivability now and am not embarrassed whel i pull up somewhere because my car is not clunking to a stall in a drivethrough or gate or something. :)

before this, i tried everything imaginable from changing ic pipes, MAF pipes, settings, biss tuning, AFM scaling, timing/afr tuning, different AFM's, spark plugs, gaps, etc. on lift off, the idle will become rich like 11.0ish for a few seconds, then stabilize to 14ish at 1K rpms. the only difference is that the car will not be stumbling and will maintain good idle. i have an EIDS, but this is way better because i do not like peripherals between my MAF and ecu. the tune was 'never quite right' with an EIDS installed, so it had to go.

as a note, when tuning for idle injector scaling, i suggest to use a stock rom, then transfer settings over as the MAP to MAF patch will skew stuff at idle. even with the MAP to MAF patch, o2 trims will be stable and loggable, but tuning is better without it.

this is veering from a full SD setup, but that is underway in another thread/project of some other folks.

EDIT: adjusted some tables/added resolution to clean up idle further. works really well for me now and shouldn't be far off for most...
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1997/try2mi5.png
yeah..just 'save the picture as' if you wanna see the numbers...