PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Timer and temp

kimmievo
03-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Hey All,

The past few weeks I have noticed that my turbo timer has drastically increased the time to keep my car running. The norm is 60 seconds, and no matter how long or hard I drive, it never increased the time. A simple drive across the SM bridge now will result in the turbo timer going up to at least three minutes.

I don't see much of a change in temp; it has gone up a little. I've checked my fluids. I've checked to make sure all clamps are tightened. The only thing that I have done differently is taken off the snorkel and added a cf radiator shroud. I have an aftermarket intake, so the snorkel looked kind of funny not leading to anything, although I know it was helping with air to the intake, etc. I thought the radiator shroud will help with the cooling, and looks better, so I figured why not.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Could it be my thermostat going?

I am going to Works tonight to get my P2 installed (finally) so, I'll probably ask them what's going on. Any suggestions beforehand would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Kim

vtluu
03-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Could it be the warmer weather? The warmer ambient temperatures would increase the cool-down time.

kimmievo
03-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks Tam for the info. :) I know the weather has a play in it, but even last summer when it was hot, my tt never increased the time this drastically.

Anyone else with a TT notice an increase in run time lately?

lqdchkn
03-17-2005, 12:09 PM
What kind is it?

kimmievo
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
It's a GReddy TT

lqdchkn
03-17-2005, 12:46 PM
I have the Blitz. Does it have different time accumulation settings like the Blitz? Could they have changed?

ez76
03-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Is the Greddy TT's auto-timer governed by boost?

Something similar happened with my Blitz TT which decides how long to let your car run based on boost activity.

The boost/vacuum line to the TT had come loose and so it was always reading atmospheric pressure. This made it think I was pushing the car continuously and so my shutdown time would increase a lot.

kimmievo
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I have the Blitz. Does it have different time accumulation settings like the Blitz? Could they have changed?

No, I don't believe the GReddy has the same features as the Blitz does. Unfortunately, the instructions for my TT are in Japanese, so I have no clue what other features it has. My main/only purpose for it is the cooling/countdown timer.

kimmievo
03-17-2005, 01:15 PM

Something similar happened with my Blitz TT which decides how long to let your car run based on boost activity.

The boost/vacuum line to the TT had come loose and so it was always reading atmospheric pressure. This made it think I was pushing the car continuously and so my shutdown time would increase a lot.

It is governed by boost and turbo/engine temp. I notice if I boost for a little bit, the TT will add a few seconds then go back down to 1 minute after I let off the pedal a bit. My driving style hasn't changed any, so I have a hard time understanding why if I drive around town for 10 minutes, my timer goes up past 3 minutes.

lqdchkn
03-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Have you checked your wiring? It's a long shot but a differing signal at the bat+ constant supply may mess-up an internal clock.

kimmievo
03-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Have you checked your wiring? It's a long shot but a differing signal at the bat+ constant supply may mess-up an internal clock.

I haven't done that yet. I'll check it out tonight, thanks :smile:

ace33joe
03-18-2005, 02:57 AM

It is governed by boost and turbo/engine temp. I notice if I boost for a little bit, the TT will add a few seconds then go back down to 1 minute after I let off the pedal a bit. My driving style hasn't changed any, so I have a hard time understanding why if I drive around town for 10 minutes, my timer goes up past 3 minutes.

I have a Blitz DTT, which senses boost to calculate the cool-down time. So I am not sure about the Greddy one, but isn't it using rpm to calculate the cool-down time? (According to their website) If it is the case, I would definitely check the rpm sensing wire, whether it's connected to the right port at the ECU connector.