PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Survey: Evo X owners, so how has it been now you got some seat time?

wilson1
10-23-2008, 11:18 AM
IT's been a few months now, and alot more guys have gotten the X, either moving on from E8/9 platform or new evo owners. So how has it been since you have gotten some seat time?
Handling/performance up to expectation?
Comfort/ergonomic issues?
Any quality issues?
Any major flaws?
Been back at the dealer yet for anything?
Anything you want changes on?

awdaddict
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Gas pedal breaks? :lol:

Culejoe
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Only gripe I have after a week of owning it, is the steering wheel seems to be to far forward and its not telescopic.

wilson1
10-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Only gripe I have after a week of owning it, is the steering wheel seems to be to far forward and its not telescopic.
how tall are you?

Culejoe
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Only 5'10" but my legs are long and my arms aren't. So either im to close to the petals or to far away from the wheel.

Boostd4
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I pretty much gave you my take the other night Wilson...but overall I think it's a great car. The only major gripe that I have is the size of the A and B pillars...they tend to block your line of sight.

japbeercow
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Handling/performance up to expectation?

Handles well but I thought it would be more planted. It may just be because I got an MR and it's got pansy suspension. Coming from a 350z, I felt much more confident taking corners in it than in the Evo. Probably non issue as I slowly transition to aftermarket suspension.

Comfort/ergonomic issues?

Steering wheel does seem somewhat far. I'm 5'8. Also in the Evo, I feel like I'm sitting low in the car but high overall if that makes sense. The beltline on this car seems high.

Anything you want changes on?

moar powerz?! Oh yeah... and I should have bought a manual instead of an MR. Stupid technology always so enticing.

Culejoe
10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
The only major gripe that I have is the size of the A and B pillars...they tend to block your line of sight.

I agree with that too. Making a left turn that has a median im usually having to move a bit so i can see, to make sure i dont hit anything.

Stormtrooper
10-23-2008, 01:19 PM
i love my x... not the same push i used to have when my 8 was stock. I'll REALLY know though come nov 22nd at thunderhill

evolutionX2daZ
10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Handling/performance up to expectation? : Well I haven’t push it to hard yet... But from messing around the back road I notice that the rear like to rotate a lot better then the 8 and 9. Won’t really know until I take it a real track and push it to it’s limit. Acceleration feel a little slower because of the weight, but mods should fix that problem.

Comfort/ergonomic issues?: Ride feel a lot better then 8 and 9 not to bumpy, ergonomic wise... seem to be good as far as where everything is laid out, the only issue I have is the side mirror block my view...well maybe cause I’m hella short. :P

Any quality issues? : Interior is much improve close to a Nissan quality... and that's not saying a lot cause Nissan suck as well :)
Exterior can get lots of paint chip on the rear slide (suggest clear guard). Mine only have 1800 miles on it and it look like you went rallying every weekend. SUCK! Mitsu should address this issue because I know every Evo X owner will notice this issue soon or have already notice it already.

Any major flaws? : Steering vibrate really bad in the morning and but get better as you drive but you still feel it a little. The engine makes the strange space ship noise, I only notice at night when it’s quite...also notice the same noise in another X owner too when I went for a test ride.
The tranny is feel grinny 2nd and 3rd gear but should improve as you put more miles into the car, well that what I was told. Also it’s very short gear ratio so at 80mph so it get really noise.

Been back at the dealer yet for anything? : If you have the F.A.S.T key you might run into some issue if you have your key near your cell phone or anything magnetic. It will lose sync and you have to go to the dealer to get it fix. Also you need to have the car re-flash, they have 4 version so far that I know.

Anything you want changes on? Maybe put leather seat... The cloth seat get to much lent on it and dirty really quick.

Sorry for my bad English...writing is not my best subject. I hope this help answer some of your question.

pokguy317
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM
the only issue is if u didn't add the SSS package and u put a aftermarket HID kit yourself. U have to turn off the car before turn on your light. If u have the engine on and try turn on the light it will just blink for 2 second and turn it back off itself..

I dont know if this happen to some of u guys?

slimdatwelve209
10-23-2008, 10:55 PM
the only issue is if u didn't add the SSS package and u put a aftermarket HID kit yourself. U have to turn off the car before turn on your light. If u have the engine on and try turn on the light it will just blink for 2 second and turn it back off itself..

I dont know if this happen to some of u guys?

depend on the ballast some ballast just shut off and some just blink like crazy "like a cop a car" if you get a relay kit it will fix that problem

pokguy317
10-23-2008, 10:58 PM
what relay kit??? do u have any picture or do u know anywhere i can buy one?
do u have the same problem?

slimdatwelve209
10-24-2008, 12:09 AM
what relay kit??? do u have any picture or do u know anywhere i can buy one?
do u have the same problem?

i was to lazy to get mine done so i just turn them on everytime i drive, but you can get them from f1spec a vendor on here for like 20 just pm them

The only major gripe that I have is the size of the A and B pillars...they tend to block your line of sight.

I agree with that too. Making a left turn that has a median im usually having to move a bit so i can see, to make sure i dont hit anything.

+1 on that

Unowned
10-24-2008, 08:28 AM
you know what i think we talk a lot :)

dabaysevo
10-24-2008, 08:37 AM
^You have to change your sig now.

Unowned
10-24-2008, 09:12 AM
^You have to change your sig now.

he doesn't have it yet lol

dabaysevo
10-24-2008, 09:36 AM
That's not what I heard. :lol:

evolutionX2daZ
10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey all, if you have an Evo X, please go to Mistu and complain about the paint chip issue on the rear side panel and bottom side skirt. Do it so get it on files. We need a lot of people to complain before they will fix this issue. The new Sti had the same issue and they did a recall after so many people complain. They re-spray the car for free and added some clear guard to protect it. If you don't care and like the rally look, that's cool too. :)

wilson1
10-24-2008, 10:09 AM
can you take some pics and post it?

awdaddict
10-24-2008, 10:12 AM
can you take some pics and post it?

You should have it on your LY.

I have it on my Viii as well.

wilson1
10-24-2008, 10:15 AM
:lol:

ZK
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Steering wheel is a bit far. I have the seat more forward to compensate. Still, a telescopic steering wheel would be nice.

The paint chipping is not an issue for me. I had the sideskirts and rear side panel clear bra'd. There is a big thread on EvoM about the paint chipping.

There are some interior rattles on less than perfect roads. A bit annoying but I think it is because the interior is much quieter so it stands out more.

I posted this in another thread:

I went last week to the track. It was pretty fun.... straight line it is not as fast as the old car. Gearing is rather wierd. Hitting the rev limiter in 4th before coming to the watchtower on the front straight but not really much space to shift into 5th before downshifting for turn 1.

Cornering speed is pretty fast! On turn 2 at Thill, I was hitting 80mph on corner exit and 90 before hitting the brakes for turn 3. I was getting the same speed in my Evo 8 with Ohlins, rear sway bar and Azenis street tires - except the Evo 10 is stock! This car wants to drift, step on the throttle mid corner and the rear wants to step out. I had to apply some counter steer in some situations - stock Evo 8 never did that without you really pushing it... Oh yeah, ASC needs to be completely off or it will try to 'stabilize" you by applying rear brakes - not cool.

Stock suspension is very soft... definitely need something stiffer. I have no road feel and the car feels floaty over fast transitions. The car sticks fine but just can't feel the road. Stock brakes actually held up good. I only drove 1/2 the day about 2.5 sessions. All I did was put in RBF600 and no fade or mushy pedal.

slimdatwelve209
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Hey all, if you have an Evo X, please go to Mistu and complain about the paint chip issue on the rear side panel and bottom side skirt. Do it so get it on files. We need a lot of people to complain before they will fix this issue. The new Sti had the same issue and they did a recall after so many people complain. They re-spray the car for free and added some clear guard to protect it. If you don't care and like the rally look, that's cool too. :)

Don't forget this also im having the same problem but not as bad as the first post in the pic

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=362224&highlight=paint+chip

wilson1
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
one problem i have, is there are no trunk space.
Well, barely enough, for minor storage, but not enough for a set of golf clubs.

drewm
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
one problem i have, is there are no trunk space.
Well, barely enough, for minor storage, but not enough for a set of golf clubs.

Take out the foam pieces around the spare tire with a screwdriver and put the tools in a bag, it adds a good 4 inches of depth. I was amazed as how much space that was wasting.

Stormtrooper
10-28-2008, 03:10 PM
geez wilson, how big are your golf bags?! I just fit one in mine last weekend!

Moostafa29
10-28-2008, 03:50 PM
The car has been everything I have wanted from it, and I'm still loving it.

1) Handling: I'm honestly not a track person. I just like to drive fast, and take corners/freeway entrances hard and fast if there is nobody around. I push it pretty hard, and it has stayed planted and handled like a dream. I scare the shit out of my passengers at every opportunity I get.

2) Its surprisingly comfortable. I'm about 5'10", and on the muscular side, and I expected to be pretty uncomfortable, but I've been okay. I've been on a few road trips with it also, and haven't had any issues.

3) Only quality issues I have are the paint chip issue, and a ticking noise. I have no idea where the noise is coming from, and the service department couldn't identify it either. I've learned to just turn the radio up, and drown it out.

4) No major flaws. Just the ones mentioned above.

5) Went to the dealer for lo jack, oil changes, and that ticking issue.

6) I came from a 6 speed car, and really think this car could benefit from another gear. Also I think its pretty stupid to not have audio controls standard in both models. I will soon fix this issue, but it sucks to have to pay money for something that can be found in cars half the price.

Mystique
10-30-2008, 01:30 AM
The car has been everything I have wanted from it, and I'm still loving it.

1) Handling: I'm honestly not a track person. I just like to drive fast, and take corners/freeway entrances hard and fast if there is nobody around. I push it pretty hard, and it has stayed planted and handled like a dream. I scare the shit out of my passengers at every opportunity I get.

2) Its surprisingly comfortable. I'm about 5'10", and on the muscular side, and I expected to be pretty uncomfortable, but I've been okay. I've been on a few road trips with it also, and haven't had any issues.

3) Only quality issues I have are the paint chip issue, and a ticking noise. I have no idea where the noise is coming from, and the service department couldn't identify it either. I've learned to just turn the radio up, and drown it out.

4) No major flaws. Just the ones mentioned above.

5) Went to the dealer for lo jack, oil changes, and that ticking issue.

6) I came from a 6 speed car, and really think this car could benefit from another gear. Also I think its pretty stupid to not have audio controls standard in both models. I will soon fix this issue, but it sucks to have to pay money for something that can be found in cars half the price.

I know. My sisters 2009 corolla has audio controls on the wheel.

dabaysevo
10-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah but does your sister's car have AWD turbo awesomeness? I think not sir.

bricel24
10-30-2008, 08:33 AM
LOL

Mystique
10-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah but does your sister's car have AWD turbo awesomeness? I think not sir.

Haha. No it doesn't.