PDA

View Full Version : 18`s or 19`s

Deviousone209
03-18-2005, 03:11 AM
ok heres the deal, as soon as i get my settlement (big dollas) im gonna spend hella money on my prescious evo,l but i dont know wether to go with 18" or 19" rims. i was told that 19" rims slow you down and also mess with the gearing, can anyone fill me in on some info please.oh and whats a good offset and i know this may sound stupid but what does "staggerd" mean? :D

MadStylez707
03-18-2005, 04:15 AM
...what does "staggerd" mean? :D

i think staggered means when one pair of a set of 4 rims(either front 2 or rear 2) are offset more than the other pair, which gives you different size tires for each pair...i could be wrong, but i think its right...

DRFTR8
03-18-2005, 08:31 AM
...what does "staggerd" mean? :D

i think staggered means when one pair of a set of 4 rims(either front 2 or rear 2) are offset more than the other pair, which gives you different size tires for each pair...i could be wrong, but i think its right...
no your right... its when the back tire is wider than the front... like the rear wheel drive cars

V8KiLL3R
03-18-2005, 09:05 AM
dude i think 18's are better than 19's. I was @ WOKS yesterday and this guy bought this 18's Volk sweet his car is silver then he got the black rims. its almost like tucked in on his front fender well.

e8
03-18-2005, 10:34 AM
dude i think 18's are better than 19's. I was @ WOKS yesterday and this guy bought this 18's Volk sweet his car is silver then he got the black rims. its almost like tucked in on his front fender well.

do you remember which volk rims?

Jamie@WORKS
03-18-2005, 10:41 AM

They're Volk CE28N. First set of black ones in the US ;)

e8
03-18-2005, 10:56 AM

They're Volk CE28N. First set of black ones in the US ;)

ahh someone took my idea...! :P black out the head lampts, the tail lamps, tint the windows, and buy black ce28n's. have any pictures?

You got PM Jamie.

Matz
03-18-2005, 12:29 PM
I would expect 19's to slow you down if the inertia is higher, but it's certainly possible to get 19's that have less inertia than 18's.

Seems strange to me that gearing would be affected. I have heard that your speedo readout will need adjustment, but only if the overall outer diameter of your tire changes.

Deviousone209
03-20-2005, 04:50 PM
ok thanx guys for the info..now i just need to find out what rimz i want...i am either thinking all bronze wheels, gunmetal w/polished lip, blzck w/polished lip, or some ce28`s with gold in the middle and polished lip.

jbigelow
03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
ok thanx guys for the info..now i just need to find out what rimz i want...i am either thinking all bronze wheels, gunmetal w/polished lip, blzck w/polished lip, or some ce28`s with gold in the middle and polished lip.

if you're interested in a set of gold le28s, mine are up for sale.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzczMDgxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg