PDA

View Full Version : WORKS Short Throw Shifter

V8KiLL3R
03-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I installed my WORKS Short Throw Shifter today, it's pretty straight forward on replacing the OEM shifter. This (WORKS) shifter is as almost as it looks like an OEM but the only difference is the height of the ball is lower on the stock shifter, the installation went well and without any issues i was finished in an hour thats after i went to Auto Zone to buy some grease. The only hardest part is the taking out of your existing bushing on your OEM shifter. I noticed about 40-45% difference on throw between gears, love going to MEET last time i won the shift knob from WORKS this time the Shifter now i got a complete shifter set from works for 8 bucks! thanks for ForceFed for hosting this weekends Meet and WORKS for the Giveaways at the raffle. I should have taken picture while i was installing them.

EvoKach
03-22-2005, 04:40 PM
How did you get the bushing off? I ordered a new bushing after I got my B&M and it said to order an OEM bushing.

V8KiLL3R
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
i used a screwdriver and pushed it out while a have a rag wrapped on the shifter so i can hold it, a pair of vice will do the holding trick also.
http://features.evolutionm.net/article/evomfeatures/42/2

SJCoruja
03-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Glad to hear you love it, and congrats on the raffle win! Curious though, I also recently had the 30% reduction Throw installed but didn't notice that drastic of a change in throw length (could just be me though). I was actually suprised and thought I might have actually gotten the 15% on accident. Are you going on Saturday, or any other meet coming up where I could check yours out? Thanks!

V8KiLL3R
03-22-2005, 06:13 PM
thansk dude. i may not be going this saturday i'm going down south SoCal, thats no problem whenever we see each other again hopefully (hint to Jan) soon.

JanSolo
03-22-2005, 09:57 PM
thansk dude. i may not be going this saturday i'm going down south SoCal, thats no problem whenever we see each other again hopefully (hint to Jan) soon.

Would you two like me to arrange a romantic rendezvous at a small and intimate French restaurant so you can compare Throws? ;) I've never played matchmaker for guys before, but this is the Bay Area, so I suppose I should learn to be more progressive.

SJCoruja
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Would you two like me to arrange a romantic rendezvous at a small and intimate French restaurant so you can compare Throws? ;) I've never played matchmaker for guys before, but this is the Bay Area, so I suppose I should learn to be more progressive.

No, no, no...absolutely not...wait, will there be a raffle? :lol:

V8KiLL3R
03-22-2005, 11:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

stockEVO8
03-23-2005, 01:15 AM
i have the same short shifter...im very satisfied :D