PDA

View Full Version : Endlink Nuts are gone...

egui42
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm coming home from Works on Friday and Chris calls me that he forgot to mention that it looked like I was missing some endlink nuts (both) that attach them to the rear sway bar. Has this ever hapened to anybody else?

Dr. Evo
03-20-2005, 07:27 PM
WHAT? Who has worked on the car? It wasn't Valley was it :lol: :lol:

Eclipse
03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
You couldn't hear it? On one of my cars they loosen up every 5k or so and start banging.

Dr Evo: You need to change that sig since Valley Mits is no more.

egui42
03-20-2005, 11:56 PM
No one has worked on my car other than Works and You, (DR. EVO). I have't touched any suspension parts on my car other than brakelines. It's weird, oh well I fixed it yestersday. By the way, the nuts are 10mm with a 1.25 pitch. :wink:

It was weird looking under the car and the end links are just hanging their. The sway bar being supported by the bushings. Actually, kind of frightening. Thanks Cris (works) for calling me to tell me about, without the call I would have never noticed.

vtluu
03-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Keep in mind the swaybar is an "optional" part of your suspension--if it breaks or otherwise malfunctions, handling will be adversely affected when cornering but the car will otherwise drive fine.

The swaybar effectively reduces the independence of the independent suspension. Some people will actually remove it for extremely slippery and/or uneven conditions, for example, rally.

Dr. Evo
03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I know I have been meaning to change my sig :oops: .