PDA

View Full Version : APEXi GT Spec Exhaust

Tsurara
03-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Is anyone using the APEXi GT Spec exhaust in their EVO? How is the weight and power? (If anyone has numbers, I would appreciate them). I ran an N1 on my GSX and was very pleased with the results and am thinking about using the GT Spec on my EVO. Also, I am aware it goes from ~70mm to ~75mm quickly in the piping. Is there a way to make it start at 75mm (Full 3" down) ?

Evo8andahalf
03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
i wanna know too, also if its possible to get the titanium one

blitzkrgCT9A
04-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Is anyone using the APEXi GT Spec exhaust in their EVO? How is the weight and power? (If anyone has numbers, I would appreciate them). I ran an N1 on my GSX and was very pleased with the results and am thinking about using the GT Spec on my EVO. Also, I am aware it goes from ~70mm to ~75mm quickly in the piping. Is there a way to make it start at 75mm (Full 3" down) ?

The GT spec is basically the same thing as the N1. The N1 is mild steel coated pipes while GT spec is full SS. The GT Spec is a little lighter than the N1, but not by that much. All JDM exhaust systems are pretty much straight. you can't go wrong w/ them.
And yes, just have a muffler shop hack it and weld another pipe section w/ 3" flange, then you should be able to bolt on 3" test pipe .

Mister_Pants
06-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Bringing old post back to life...
I have the apex-i GT-Spec exhaust on my car and am extremly pleased with the results. Before I say any more though I should mention that part of my decision to go with this exhaust is due to the fact that I am kleeping the stock cat. That being said the downpipe is of excellent quality and utilizes stock mounting and stock hangers. This is important because the exhaust that use the non OEM wire hangers can have rattling problems. The downpipe clears factory tie bars and even comes with heat wrap. The piece also includes al gaskets and hardware. The only thing that I didn't like about the downpipe is a very short neck down at the front where it meets the turbo outlet (not a huge concern since I'm keeping the stock turbo and o2 housing). The catback is crafted equally as well as the front pipe. Stainless material and TIG welds are used throughout. All required gaskets and hangers are included. Fitment like all other apex-i products I've used is second to none. Now for the really cool part. The entire exhaust is like a megaphone which on a turbo car is benificial to keep exhaust velocity up. The front pipe starts at 65mm and then transistions to 70mm. Out of the cat the pipe very quickly goes from 70mm to 75mm until after the resonator where it goes to a whopping 85mm! Out of the muffler via a 115mm polished tip that lines up perfectly with the US bumper. No melting no soot. The exhaust note is a very deep tone that at certain RPM will resonate slightly (apex-i website advratises 93dba). The really cool part is between shifts when the exhaust gurgles and pops slightly (very cool sound). In all the GT-Spec exhaust is a quality peice made with good material and OEM fit, though if your looking to ditch the stock cat and or upgrade the turbo or turbo outlet I would look into something else like a AMS, Buschur, or V***nu.