PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Club at t-hill 3/30

hagakure
03-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Any folks that are interested in meeting up somewhere on 5 north to caravan up and carve out some space in the paddock, let me know. I'll be leaving from Sacto about 5:45 that a.m. Looks like rain in the am, clearing for the afternoon. Should be a fun day! hope to see a lot of folks.

Peace.

Percy

earlyapex
03-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Methods4 and I and a bunch of others are staying in Willows the night before. We'll see you at the track in the AM. Look for three silver Evos, a white Supra, and a DSM.

I hope it doesn't rain. Where are you getting weather for next weds?

Anyone have any easy-ups?

methods4
03-22-2005, 12:35 PM
It better not rain. My tires aren't exactly full depth.

hagakure
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I'll see you guys there. Both weather.com and Accuweather.com are saying rain for at least half the day...we'll see. I'm just going to run my crappy ES-100'ss for as long as it rains...will bringt he R-compounds as well, if it clears up. Peace guys.

Percy

earlyapex
03-22-2005, 03:52 PM
How many other people are coming from here?

So far its:

1. earlyapex (me, Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Hagakure (Percy)

thomas
03-22-2005, 04:29 PM
hey percy, ill be willing to meet up with you to caravan up there. give me a spot to hook up. not sure of any places off the 5, maybe in sac somewhere.

why so early? 545am?

let me kno. i sent you a PM with my info.

piece.

tw.

questions for all you veterans...is there any "paperwork" we need to bring. like registration for the event? printout of the confirmation? TIA.

i kno we need our ID, but is that all...and of course our helmet.

earlyapex
03-22-2005, 04:34 PM
questions for all you veterans...is there any "paperwork" we need to bring. like registration for the event? printout of the confirmation? TIA.

Bring the registration confirmation and the filled out self-tech form.

GGLC is pretty layed-back but don't be showing up with any oil leaks or anything. If I spin on your oil, my tire iron is getting creative with your body work. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bash.gif

:wink:

thomas
03-22-2005, 04:44 PM
is the self-tech form there at T-Hill or is that off the internet also?

oil spillage? haha, thats my secret weapon for all those tailgaters! :twisted: :wink:

earlyapex
03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
http://gglotus.org/ggtech/track-prep/trackprep.htm

I also think I self-tech sheet should have been sent to you when you signed up.

thomas
03-22-2005, 04:58 PM
thx B. nothing was sent to me :cry:

hagakure
03-22-2005, 05:20 PM
hey percy, ill be willing to meet up with you to caravan up there. give me a spot to hook up. not sure of any places off the 5, maybe in sac somewhere.

why so early? 545am?

let me kno. i sent you a PM with my info.

piece.

tw.

Takes me about 85 minutes to get to T-hill, like to have time to change wheels if needed, etc. Let's keep in touch about where.

Percy

thomas
03-22-2005, 05:42 PM
nm the early time...

looks like ill be leaving about 530 or so too. see you there!

wilson1
03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Have fun !
Sorry i can't join you guys, my car is not ready yet! :(

vtluu
03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Have fun !
Sorry i can't join you guys, my car is not ready yet! :(
Use one of your other 8. The MR is an obvious choice; other than that, anything that isn't a truck or an SUV (or some other form of deathtrap-on-wheels) will do. Racing isn't driving fast cars, it's about driving a car as fast as it can go.

methods4
03-28-2005, 10:16 AM
The forecast for March 30th in Willows, CA is MOSTLY SUNNY.

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/fruit.gif

Evo442
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
How many other people are coming from here?

So far its:

1. earlyapex (me, Bryan)
2. Methods4 (Tony)
3. Hagakure (Percy)

you can add me to the list. I'm staying over the night before. An evo area in the paddock would be great, Percy!

smack
03-28-2005, 09:00 PM
damn, i screwed up and didn't get in on time. it's sold out now.
just hoping someone cancels.
oh well, if i don't see ya there, have fun guys

sean

hagakure
03-28-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm going to be there around 7:15....need to change wheels, etc, so I'll see if I can carve out a little space. Anyone else that is going to be early, keep a look out for other evos. Peace.

Percy

2befast
03-30-2005, 09:01 PM
so how it go guys that went. Any pics?

hagakure
03-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Excellent time! Evos represented well, great group, 3 hours of track time, 2 tanks of gas, exhausted! More later.

Percy

leif
03-30-2005, 10:49 PM
so how it go guys that went. Any pics?

gotbluemilk.com shud have some up soon since it seems that they were at the track...

earlyapex
03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
What a great day for a track event. The weather was great, perfect for turbos.

Was great meeting everyone.

It was the EVO's maiden voyage to the track and I was quite impressed with it. Even with stock suspension plus an upgraded rear sway bar this thing was fast fast fast. The body roll was keeping me from being totally confident in the car so I wasn't going super duper fast but man I was really impressed with the MR. I was hitting 125+mph at the end of the straight where my previous WRX would fight to hit 110-115mph.

I put 200 on-track miles on the car. I love GGLotus club!

Hopefully next time the elise's won't get in our way so much Percy. :)

thomas
03-31-2005, 02:52 PM
nope no pics that i can post on the site. had an awesome time. great weather, track condition was excellent and car ran amazing. turn in was good and the power was there when i needed it. one thing i did notice, though, was that my settings for my coilovers might have been too soft for track. at the moment they are set at 3 all around and didnt change while i was there. pretty much cause i didnt want to. call me lazy but at 3 it was still pretty stiff, and tough enough for me to ride around in. next time though, ill def make adjustments during the day.

id have to say that was a very good "first time driving the track" event. everybody was helpful and no accidents. feels good to finally drive my evo like its supposed to be driven...all four wheels howling! :twisted: and the tires held up very nicely. im running kuhmo ecsta mx (stock size).

special thx for all the evo guys out there. thx for all the advice.

thomas
03-31-2005, 02:57 PM
Hopefully next time the elise's won't get in our way so much Percy. :)

haha. yea i was actually surprised at how many i passed.

one more thing, that ambulance in the pit area was for the guy driving the olive green suped up porsche, with the bi-wing. heard he had a MI after that session. :cry: good thing it was off the track...that sucks.

EvoVIII
03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
http://gotbluemilk.com/web050330/39/HT4U3066.jpg
nice looking MR :)

dohcvtec
03-31-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm jealous, I want to go to thunderhill again :( Glad you guys had a great time, looks like you had plenty of track time too! awesome.

leif
03-31-2005, 06:48 PM
damn 200 miles on the track, thats crazy. thats like 66 laps...im jealous.

Evo442
03-31-2005, 07:23 PM
damn 200 miles on the track, thats crazy. thats like 66 laps...im jealous.

Yeah... 2 thumbs up for GGLC. Tremendous amount of track time. I quit a little early as I was running low on my 2nd tank of gas. Hard on the car tho', my pads and rotors are shot...

methods4
03-31-2005, 09:12 PM
One of the best track days I've been too. Over 200 miles on track for me as well. I've been spoiled by GGLC events for over a year now, I can't imagine doing four 20 minute sessions for $200 anymore. :-)

It was my first time driving on track with the RRE rear swaybar. Night and day difference driving with it. Rotating the car is soooo much easier. Well worth the $180.

Also my first track event trying out RRE's Performance Friction pads. The pads held up great all day. Definitely a good track pad thats suitable for street.

Nice meeting dyuyeno and Kirk (the white RS). Thanks to Percy for loaning me his Hotlap timing cable. Mine disappeared. Next time you guys better sign up for A group with me! It's a lot more fun with way less traffic. April 25th...GGLC...Buttonwillow...Who's in. :shock:

hagakure
04-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Right on guys!
I will definitely be inthe A group all day next time. Pretty much passed everyone in the B group with the exception of Bryan... He was damn fast the first time out in the evo.... When he and Tony get some R-compounds..watch out! I was running in the approx 2:16 range at my fatsest, and it was a GREAT day. Car is set up nicely now with swaybar at full stiff and some GAC Hoosiers...love these tires! But I wish I had gotten in on the quaife group buy, LOTs of wheelspin, a definite tech advantage that the MR has over "lesser" evos. my times will fall as I get more balls for turn one...I was hitting about 125 at the end of the straight as well, but pussin out and braking down to too low of an entry speed for 1. Was fun getting some of the other turns dialed in though, as I was fast through 2 and three, as well as through 10-15...the Cuclone is getting easier as well. Tony, Bryan, Evan (in the cool DSM), all the rest of you guys, thanks for the tips, hanging out, good company! Let's do it again soon.

Percy

earlyapex
04-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Percy you where getting wheel spin with the hoosiers?

I totally fell in love with the front LSD. I could power out of corners so hard and I was getting on the power so much earlier than any other car I have driven on track. It literally made me giggle coming out of corners a couple times.

Even with stock suspension I would have to enter a corner really hot for it to push to the outside at all and even when it did I could tweak the line so easily with throttle inputs. I think the front LSD + the ACD was working very well. It was very transparent.

The RRE / Performance Friction 2-piece floating front rotors rocked the house, no shudder or wierdness at all and I was purposly beating on them. The RRE / PF pads worked great, no fade, great modulation and great progression.

Rear Whiteline 25mm sway bar from MPJ worked great. Gave the car great grip and helped with the rotation when needed.

I am really looking forward to what this car will be able to do once I slap some real suspension on it.

hagakure
04-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Some of the wheelspin in 12 (before the esses) was due to poor rev matching on my part, but yeah, I was getting wheelspin. The hoosiers are sticky, but they are the endurance compound formulated specially for the GAC....so they are probably just a bit stickier than fully shaved toyos, but with much better turn-in and sidewall stiffness.

Percy

fongster
04-04-2005, 06:43 PM
http://public.fotki.com/fong/roadracingdays_norc/trackevents/lotus_club_at_thund/